Playa Uvas

rscima

We had a lot of fun at Playa Uvas. We booked the $15 snorkel adventure and we felt that it was well worth it. The food was great, a little pricey, but great. The drinks were cheap and not at all watered down! The service was excellent! From our first encounter with Carmen, to the snorkling guide to the server, everyone was so kind and informative. If we find ourselves back in Cozumel again we will definently return.:D

Hello Everyone!

I finally have some time to write about my time @ Playa Uvas :D

I had read about Playa Uvas on this webiste and did all my research. I was also always in e-mail contact with Eduardo who is the most helpful man in the world!!

We got there Thursday May 10th (myself, boyfriend, and my 2 best girlfriends) I was the only one that planned this all out so my friends were all counting on it to be good, lol. Anyways Carmen came right up to us and made us feel so so welcome. She was so wonderful and I really wish I had more time to spend with her but it was Mothers Day in Mexico that day so she had to go home to her family

She showed us around and my friends and boyfriend got right into one of the kayak tours. I choose to stay behind and get started on my hour massage!

It was such a beautiful day..And I met Luz..And all I can say is WOW! I have had MANY MANY massages and this one by FAR is the best one I have EVER HAD!! I just didn't want it to end AT ALL!! She was wonderful..Beyond wonderful...And this was the best part of my week long trip! I can't wait to go back and told my boyfriend that we are staying in Cozumel for a week and coming to Playa Uvas EVERY DAY!! I was still getting my massage when my friends started their other tour to snorkle ..The 3 of them paid $59 each for everything and I choose the lunch/bar for $36 I think? When they were all done we had lunch. The food was SOOOO good and we had such a great great waiter and his name is Raul! He was wonderful and I think he enjoyed our company as well

Here is what got me the most...When we were about to be served lunch..All my friends were telling me how much they LOVE this place and what a great job I did..And then...The entire staff of Playa Uvas came out to our table with a BEAUTIFUL Birthday cake for me! I almost cried..When I was emailing with Eduardo I had told him that this trip was for my 25th Bday, etc and to know that the staff of Playa Uvas remembered that special day and took that time to make me a cake and do that for me..Wow..That is a memory that will be with me forever..They were just the nicest people and so caring and thoughtful..I have NEVER experienced customer service the way I did @ Playa Uvas..The cake and lunch were beyond delicious :) Thank you again guys!! That was really the best

After lunch I went down and laid out on our beach bed! I would HIGHLY recommend getting a beach bed. They were wonderful..Got some drinks..I sent my boyfriend to get a 1 hour with Luz and he was in love :) I just swam around and laid out..It was total bliss...Beautiful..NONE of us wanted to leave at all..

We were so sad when we had to go and we all are coming back to Cozumel for a week or two and coming to Playa Uvas on a daily basis! That is how much we loved it there...We all fell in love with everyone and everything about Playa Uvas!

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your day there at Playa Uvas. I enjoyed my day there too! I'll be returning there again in august! Yipee!! :D

Hey Stir,

So what's the status?!? Did you get a cabin on the Ecstasy?!? :confused:

It was such a beautiful day..And I met Luz..And all I can say is WOW! I have had MANY MANY massages and this one by FAR is the best one I have EVER HAD!! I just didn't want it to end AT ALL!! She was wonderful..Beyond wonderful... :D

I gotta agree. I've had massages at Canyon Ranch, Burke Williams, and other high-end places but by far, Luz gave the best massage I've ever had. And how perfect to finish the massage, slitter back to my lounger and start sipping a Miami Vice?!! Now THAT'S paradise!!!:D:D

We spent a wonderful day at Playa Uvas on May 5th. Cab ride to the beach 10.00 for four of us.Carmen checked us in very quickly, and Raul took our lunch order. Next was clear Kayak with Pablo. It was very nice, but the "reef" was in poor shape. I would still do the trip. Big fun!

After our kayak tour, we settled at one of the tables to have a cold drink, and play a dice game we enjoy. Our waiter Raul became very excited and asked if he could have the dice when we were done. We told he we would mail him some but he was persistent. We all got a big kick out of this, and assured him, the dice were his at the end of our day. We spent the next 4 hours enjoying wonderful service, a FANTASTIC massage, bought very cool fusion glass, and relaxing in the pool.

It was the highlight of our cruise and we look forward to going back again.Raul was a attentive waiter and a very nice man. Carmen was a doll, and Luc....the massage was the BEST!

Our friends are going in a few weeks and they we be visiting Playa Uvas.

Hey Raul....They are bringing you some more DICE!!!!!

Thank you all for a fantasic day on your beautiful beach.

Mary, George, Sharon and Tyler.

We spent a wonderful day at Playa Uvas on May 5th. Cab ride to the beach 10.00 for four of us.Carmen checked us in very quickly, and Raul took our lunch order. Next was clear Kayak with Pablo. It was very nice, but the "reef" was in poor shape. I would still do the trip. Big fun!

After our kayak tour, we settled at one of the tables to have a cold drink, and play a dice game we enjoy. Our waiter Raul became very excited and asked if he could have the dice when we were done. We told he we would mail him some but he was persistent. We all got a big kick out of this, and assured him, the dice were his at the end of our day. We spent the next 4 hours enjoying wonderful service, a FANTASTIC massage, bought very cool fusion glass, and relaxing in the pool.

It was the highlight of our cruise and we look forward to going back again.Raul was a attentive waiter and a very nice man. Carmen was a doll, and Luc....the massage was the BEST!

Our friends are going in a few weeks and they we be visiting Playa Uvas.

Hey Raul....They are bringing you some more DICE!!!!!

Thank you all for a fantasic day on your beautiful beach.

Mary, George, Sharon and Tyler.

Thanks for posting your review! Hopefully your friends will enjoy Playa Uvas. Next time I go there I'm getting my first massage by Luz! I didn't get one last time b/c we didn't have enough time but I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time!:D

You forgot to post the wedding time...so we could all be there to extend our "best wishes".

LOL!

Seriously, you will love the "Luz experience"! You'll just have to make time to have your massage.

It's great to see these new reviews. Glad people are having a good time and enjoying the special ambiance of Playa Uvas.

hello!

just in case someone is waiting for my uvas review... i've been so busy upon my return, and it has taken me a little bit to finish it, hope tonight or tomorrow it will be ready and posted it!

regards!:D

okay, I added in my signature space when I'm going down there to get married! I can't wait! I'll be in Playa Uvas in August and again in December! Can't wait! WHOO HOOO!! :)

Jabi,

As long as you post..we will have to be patient till you do! Hurry up though! lol ;)

hello!

just in case someone is waiting for my uvas review... i've been so busy upon my return, and it has taken me a little bit to finish it, hope tonight or tomorrow it will be ready and posted it!

regards!:D

Can't wait to read it!

Thanks everybody for the tips & suggestions given; we didn’t know what daypass to choose and Eduardo e-mailed me back all the answers to our questions, he was so patient and helpful to make our decision. At the end, we chose a package and he got back with our confirmations. Thanks a lot Eduardo!!! :)

At last, we got to Cozmel and Playa Uvas, it was a little bit late because we were on vacation and it means waking up later than usual! :rolleyes: We didn’t have any problem getting there and Carmen was waiting for us. She was so nice and introduced us to the staff, (there is a guy whose name is Teebo (sp?), a good looking Frenchman, he told us he had just started working in Uvas the week before!).

Uvas is definitley OK and very clean; one thing you notice immediatelly is they really take care of the gardens, I had read in the cruise boards that somebody had said Uvas was so primitive; I don’t know what they meant, because I saw all kinds of services and even music speakers! (LOL). I really liked the place realized it is very different to other beaches I've visitedt, but specially I liked the staff who was very friendly!

Teebo gave us a nice beachfront shaded bed, then Raoul, our waiter, came and asked if we wanted something alcohol free to drink before the tours, after this, we proceeded to dress up for the water.

I don’t want to say more than what everybody has written, so bottom line, everything was very good! After the kayak tour we went to see Luz, and as you all have said, her massages are delicious! I just have one complaint, I had asked Eduardo for a 60 min massage for me and one for my husband with Luz and I don’t know why but my husband was not attended by Luz, he got the massage from another therapist girl.

As shopping goes, I also bought some very nice glass fusion necklaces for myself and some presents for friends. The food was very good and the margaritas and mango daiquiris were absolutely better!!! :D

Suddenly, it was 3 PM, time to go back to the ship, so, we said good bye to Carmen, Raoul, Teebo and Luz and got in the cab that was waiting to take us back.

The next time we go back to Cozumel we definitely visit Uvas again!!! :D

Eduardo, Our group of 10 women, my high school friends, thier daughters and my niece spent the day at uvas 1/27/2007. I'm sorry it took so long to post but I just wanted to say we had a wonderful day. We took the relaxation route, sunning, drinking, massages and tatoos. Everyone thanked me for finding such a great place. The grounds well maintained, the staff friendly { Carmen even lent me her own suntan lotion } and great food and drinks . Unfortunately I didn't get to meet you but perhaps I will whenI return in either sept. or jan. with my husband. Thank you Linda Parisi

A friend of mine whom I recommended to visit Uvas, just came back from her vacation yesterday and said she found a whole new section, with hammocks!! Wow! :p Because my friend is one of those very busy people, I asked her to write her review. Also, because she mentioned a couple of new things, that when we were in Uvas in February, were not there! She's so nice; she brought me a beautiful set of necklace and earrings from glass fusion del Sol. Thanks! :o

A friend of mine whom I recommended to visit Uvas, just came back from her vacation yesterday and said she found a whole new section, with hammocks!! Wow! :p Because my friend is one of those very busy people, I asked her to write her review. Also, because she mentioned a couple of new things, that when we were in Uvas in February, were not there! She's so nice; she brought me a beautiful set of necklace and earrings from glass fusion del Sol. Thanks! :o

I love hammocks! But I do love those beach beds too!:D They are soo comfy!

Can't wait for your friend to post their review!

I'm excited about the hammocks too. My DD and I just made our reservations for July 13th. Our last port before heading back to Ft. Lauderdale, and we're looking forward to a relaxing day at Playa Uvas.

Have any of you been to both beaches? If so, do you have a preference? My husband and I are going to be there in July then again with our daughters (21 and 18) in December. We're scoping out the beaches in July for them. PB has no entrance fee, but if Uvas is better, we'll try there.

Thoughts, anyone?

Have any of you been to both beaches? If so, do you have a preference? My husband and I are going to be there in July then again with our daughters (21 and 18) in December. We're scoping out the beaches in July for them. PB has no entrance fee, but if Uvas is better, we'll try there.

Thoughts, anyone?

I've been to both!

...and both are lovely places to spend some beach time. Both have great food and service.

Since personal preference is so hard to determine...different strokes for different folks!...why not check in on both in July? That way you could see first hand which better suits your purposes for your December trip.

Just hop off of the ship in Cozumel and take a taxi. Stop at Playa Uvas and check out their facilities, jump back into a readily available taxi, and then continue on to Paradise Beach. You can still fit in some shopping before you have to get back onboard.

vplsh, we are on the same ship as you...we're booked for Playa Uvas. They have arranged parasailing for DD and I'm having an hour massage.

We plan to go back to town for some shopping afterward. We are in port until 6:30 that day.

"The other Lisa"

I've been to both!

...and both are lovely places to spend some beach time. Both have great food and service.

Since personal preference is so hard to determine...different strokes for different folks!...why not check in on both in July? That way you could see first hand which better suits your purposes for your December trip.

Just hop off of the ship in Cozumel and take a taxi. Stop at Playa Uvas and check out their facilities, jump back into a readily available taxi, and then continue on to Paradise Beach. You can still fit in some shopping before you have to get back onboard.

Sounds like a good idea! Thanks.

"other Lisa"- sounds like you're all set. Didn't realize it was you!! Did you make reservations online? I'm trying to decide which beach will be best when the girls join us in Dec.

vplsh, we went back and forth between different beaches to visit. We decided that since it was our last stop, we would probably like a low key, lay back and relax type of day. That is the reason we chose Playa Uva. The multiple positive reviews about Uva's has made the decision easier, everyone seems to have had a wonderful experience. Any day, any place in Cozumel will be a wonderful day!

How is this beach for children swimming? I had thought about doing the DD, but I've heard the beach they use is very rocky and not suitable for kids. We'll be going in September, with 3 families, each having a 6yo. Any feedback is welcome!!

How is this beach for children swimming? I had thought about doing the DD, but I've heard the beach they use is very rocky and not suitable for kids. We'll be going in September, with 3 families, each having a 6yo. Any feedback is welcome!!

I don't know what the "DD" you refer to is, but you'd probably be better trying out Paradise Beach with the little kids. Aqua Sox have served us fine at Uvas, and there are also some rocks at Paradise Beach, but PB has a larger sandy play area for the kids.

so after reading many pages- do you NOT recommend this beach for kids? seems like the general comments are stating not alot of children around. Im looking for a beach that is family friendly and has a area for the kids to play in the sand. They do have water shoes but I think if its too rocky by shoreline they may not go in. so we may have to look somewhere else also- any suggestions to another beach that has all inclusive? thanks

Don't get me wrong...children are welcomed at Playa Uvas. Lots of children come from the cruise ships to do the clear kayak excursion or the shore snorkeling with their families.

But,

I, personally, think that Paradise Beach is more suited to hold a younger kid's attention. They have more sandy area,...and watertoys.

Playa Uvas, in my opinion, is a wonderful and unique beach club. The atmosphere is different from most of the other clubs, with the teak loungers and white pleather beach beds, small pool, select vendors, and gorgeous grounds...but more geared to adult tastes.

My 19 yr old daughter and her 21 year old friend enjoyed Playa Uvas as much as I did, though.

Regardless of which club you choose...have a great trip!

I don't know what the "DD" you refer to is, but you'd probably be better trying out Paradise Beach with the little kids. Aqua Sox have served us fine at Uvas, and there are also some rocks at Paradise Beach, but PB has a larger sandy play area for the kids.

The only rocky area at PB is near the pier... Just enter the water closer to the Ice Berg...