Playa Uvas

rscima

Stircrazy: Can we please ask you to take photos of the hammocks? A friend of ours that we recommended her to visit Uvas for snorkling and kayaking, took pictures of everything, except the hammocks :confused: (silly girl!) . I'm just curious to see what they look like, and where they are. We thank you.

Good to see you back on here, Artseeker!

I'll be happy to take new photos of my visit to Uvas for you.

Is this excursion time adaptable for cruisers???

TIME TABLE: approx. 5 hours

Departure from Carlos & Charlies 00:00,

Arrive to Playa Uvas 00:20

Depart from Playa Uvas 01:40

Arrive at Pelicanos Beach (Lunch and recreation) 02:00

Depart from Pelicanos Beach 03:00

Arrive at El Cedral 03:20

Depart from El Cedral for Scenic Coastal Drive 03:40

Arrive at El Mirador 03:55

Depart El Mirador 04:10

Arrive at Pee Pee Station 04:30

Depart Pee Pee Station 04:40

Arrive at P. Langosta 05:00

Is this excursion time adaptable for cruisers???

TIME TABLE: approx. 5 hours

Departure from Carlos & Charlies 00:00,

Arrive to Playa Uvas 00:20

Depart from Playa Uvas 01:40

Arrive at Pelicanos Beach (Lunch and recreation) 02:00

Depart from Pelicanos Beach 03:00

Arrive at El Cedral 03:20

Depart from El Cedral for Scenic Coastal Drive 03:40

Arrive at El Mirador 03:55

Depart El Mirador 04:10

Arrive at Pee Pee Station 04:30

Depart Pee Pee Station 04:40

Arrive at P. Langosta 05:00

Is this the official timetable for the excursion? ...or one you planned?

what time does your ship arrive and depart from Cozumel?

This is the time table that is on the website..........Cozumel~8:00am-4:00pm.

There should be plenty of time ...depending WHEN this excursion starts and if it is compatable for cruisers.....?

I am so glad your going before we are. You will be back in plenty of time to answer alllll my questions.

Thank you!

This is the time table that is on the website..........Cozumel~8:00am-4:00pm.

There should be plenty of time ...depending WHEN this excursion starts and if it is compatable for cruisers.....?

I am so glad your going before we are. You will be back in plenty of time to answer alllll my questions.

Thank you!

Here's the link (for others who might want to take a look at it):

Jeep excursion on the Playa Uvas site

Playa Uvas will set this up to fit into your schedule. They'll be sure to have you back to the pier area in plenty of time to catch your ship. Something like "meet at C&C at 10 am to begin jeep tour...arrive back at pier area at 3 pm"...

What I wonder is why they're not lunching AT Playa Uvas...they have a wonderful restaurant!

(I'm not doing this excursion...so I won't be able to answer from experience...but I have made several visits to Playa Uvas!)

You betcha!

I plan to order from the menu this time, too...so I'll be taking some photos of whatever I decide to eat this time!

Sounds good. I did that last time too, but I since my camera was out for awhile the lens began to get foggy.:( So the pics didn't come out too good.

Hello everyone!!

Well, I'm back from Uvas and have to tell you what a wonderful time we had. The Caribbean Princess docked at Punta Langosta at about 9:30 and by 10:30 my husband and I took a cab from the pier and arrived at Uvas about 20 minutes later. (The cab is a bargain at $10!) When we got there, Carmen checked us in and it was like meeting an old friend. Our name was on the board welcoming us (noting my birthday as well) and Carmen took us to meet our waiter Raul and set up my massage with Luz. We had booked the clear kayak tour, so we sat on the beach until it was time to go out.

Upon returning from kayaking I met Luz for my 30 minute massage. OH MY GOODNESS! What a massage!! I have to tell you that it was even better than the much more expensive one I had on the ship!! Luz is a wonderful person, as well, very sweet and friendly. I can't recommend her enough. and getting a massage on the beach with the sound of the ocean... Well, what more can I say!!

After our massage we had lunch- Steve had the chicken fajitas and I had the fish fillet. Delicious! And the margaritas were fantastic as well. Water was plentiful, as was soda. Then Carmen and Raul brought out a wonderful, very large birthday cake for me!! What a surprise! Fortunately some of our Cruise Critic friends from the ship were there to share it with us!

As you can tell, we had a fabulous time at Playa Uvas and would recommend it to anyone! We'll be back in Cozumel in December with our daughters and have already let Carmen know!

(I have some pictures, including the hammocks, and will download them later and let you know!)

Hello everyone!!

Well, I'm back from Uvas and have to tell you what a wonderful time we had. The Caribbean Princess docked at Punta Langosta at about 9:30 and by 10:30 my husband and I took a cab from the pier and arrived at Uvas about 20 minutes later. (The cab is a bargain at $10!) When we got there, Carmen checked us in and it was like meeting an old friend. Our name was on the board welcoming us (noting my birthday as well) and Carmen took us to meet our waiter Raul and set up my massage with Luz. We had booked the clear kayak tour, so we sat on the beach until it was time to go out.

Upon returning from kayaking I met Luz for my 30 minute massage. OH MY GOODNESS! What a massage!! I have to tell you that it was even better than the much more expensive one I had on the ship!! Luz is a wonderful person, as well, very sweet and friendly. I can't recommend her enough. and getting a massage on the beach with the sound of the ocean... Well, what more can I say!!

After our massage we had lunch- Steve had the chicken fajitas and I had the fish fillet. Delicious! And the margaritas were fantastic as well. Water was plentiful, as was soda. Then Carmen and Raul brought out a wonderful, very large birthday cake for me!! What a surprise! Fortunately some of our Cruise Critic friends from the ship were there to share it with us!

As you can tell, we had a fabulous time at Playa Uvas and would recommend it to anyone! We'll be back in Cozumel in December with our daughters and have already let Carmen know!

(I have some pictures, including the hammocks, and will download them later and let you know!)

It's good to hear you had a great time!! mmm..Cake.. Happy belated b-day! :) A massage sounds good right now..

Anyways, Can't wait to see your pics...

My DD (18 yrs old) and I were at Playa Uvas, from the Caribbean Princess, along with vplsh. We had a wonderful time, as well. It was amazing to arrive, we got out of the cab and they knew who we were before we told them our names, and there was our name on the message board welcoming us. We were introduced to many people right away, and felt VERY welcomed.

Our waiter was Raphael, and he took such good care of us. He was always checking to make sure we had everything we needed. We decided to order off the menu, instead of include lunch in our price, since there looked to be so many yummy items to choose from. We started with Guacomole & chips...it was a bowl full, and was it delicious! Later in the afternoon we shared vplsh's birthday cake, and split shrimp fajitas. Also Yummy! The beverages were unlimited and delicious. You won't go thirsty. Plenty of bottled water as well as soda and adult beverages.

We tried to do the snorkeling, but ended up swimming back very quickly, as DD's parasailing was starting before the snorkeling was done. We probably should have waited until the next snorkel tour. I did see some barccudas while snorkeling though, and that was cool. If you are doing the snorking, you must wear some kind of footwear to get to the snorkeling entry point, lots of sharp rocks and shells. You walk down the beach a ways, and snorkel back. They put all the shoes into a bag, and bring them back to Uvas for you. DD really enjoyed her first parasailing adventure. It was so nice of them to arrange it for her.

I, on the other hand, decided to have a 60 minute massage with Luz. :D After reading that 30 minutes wasn't enough, for previous posters, I decided that I would just book the 60 minutes. It was so wonderful, and definetly worth the time and money. Luz takes such good care of you and makes sure you are comfortable. With the sound of the Caribbean lapping up on the shore while you are relaxing and getting treated to a "Luz" massage, you can't go wrong. Some people who didn't book ahead, were able to get a massage squeezed in, but others were disappointed. I would highly recommend booking ahead if you are thinking about getting a massage while you are there.

We did hang out for a bit in the hammocks. If you have been there before, they are across the sidewalk from the dining area, and in front of the little shop. There were 3 hammocks, and there was a white gauzy material shading the entire area. It was very nice. I have tried to add pictures, but can't seem to figure it out.:rolleyes:

The beach is ok to walk on with bare feet, but it is a bit rough if you have very sensitive feet. If you have a hard time, I would bring some kind of flip flop or water shoe to wear to and from the water. They have sand bags under the water at the entry point off the beach, so that you can enter the water without hurting your feet. It's not a huge place, so your things are pretty safe sitting on the beach. We didn't rent one, but they do have lockers if you prefer.

DD and I both purchased some of the glass necklaces and earings that were being sold on the beach at Uvas. They were beautiful and she had lots to choose from. I purchased some as a gift to my Mother-in-law for watching our dog while we were on vacation.

If you are looking for a fast paced, party beach this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a place where you want to relax and feel at home, this is the place to go. All in all we had a wonderfully relaxing day, and would go back in a heartbeat.

You're welcome, Artseeker. When do you get to go back again?

I was really happy to see that they have done away with the cheesy dancing waiters that they tried out in March. Not necessary!

I'm happy to see them reverting back to the upscale, Euro feel that they had when I first found them. New umbrellas, more teak loungers, and the new top on the restaurant have really brought Uvas back to it's original and unique look.

The new all white umbrellas look very nice, and the hammock area is gorgeous. I think they need to add another hammock area up in the lounge area by the pool and maybe another down on the beach. It looks so pretty with the canopy overhead. A lovely place to spend some time with a good book...or with eyes closed.

The shrimp cerviche was fabulous and almost more than I could eat! Very fresh pico de gallo and shrimp. My friend loved the grilled garlic butter shrimp, with rice and steamed veggies. She was kinda stingy with the "taste" she allowed me to try.

As usual, Luz was magical. She's taken some additional classes and has a few new tricks up her sleeve. The other two massage ladies now employed were very nice, but I didn't avail myself of their services. I guess next time I need to give them a try...but still have my usual session with Luz, too...all in the interests of good reporting! :D

A couple of questions before I book this:

Do you have to give a deposit or pay upfront by CC when you make the reservation?

What kind of massage do you reserve? (What's the difference between deep and sport? I want more than just a relaxing massage, but not extremely deep either, just something to relieve general aches and pains in the back/neck area.)

Do you recommend the lunch package, or just the package with the open bar and then ordering a la carte off the menu? (Which is more cost effective?)

A couple of questions before I book this:

Do you have to give a deposit or pay upfront by CC when you make the reservation?

What kind of massage do you reserve? (What's the difference between deep and sport? I want more than just a relaxing massage, but not extremely deep either, just something to relieve general aches and pains in the back/neck area.)

Do you recommend the lunch package, or just the package with the open bar and then ordering a la carte off the menu? (Which is more cost effective?)

• When you make a reservation, you do not have to put money down or give a credit card. You pay when you arrive.
  • I booked the relaxing massage (which was not a fluff massage by any means, there was plenty of pressure, good for aches & pains), but Luz asked how much pressure you would like when she started, and made sure you were comfortable with the pressure.
  • My DD and I decided to have open bar, but order our meals from the menu, we knew we wanted guacomole & chips. We were not disappointed. We shared 2 meals, 1 early & 1 after activities, there was plenty of food (we are not "light" eaters) $20 total for both meals. This part is up to you.

You will have a fun relaxing day at Uvas. Have fun!

• When you make a reservation, you do not have to put money down or give a credit card. You pay when you arrive.
  • I booked the relaxing massage (which was not a fluff massage by any means, there was plenty of pressure, good for aches & pains), but Luz asked how much pressure you would like when she started, and made sure you were comfortable with the pressure.
  • My DD and I decided to have open bar, but order our meals from the menu, we knew we wanted guacomole & chips. We were not disappointed. We shared 2 meals, 1 early & 1 after activities, there was plenty of food (we are not "light" eaters) $20 total for both meals. This part is up to you.

You will have a fun relaxing day at Uvas. Have fun!

Thank you very much!

May I ask another question???

Did you do both the glass kayaking and the snorkling? My family isn't convinced that they'd like the kayaking (too much work) although I think I'd like it better than snorkling.

Thank you very much!

May I ask another question???

Did you do both the glass kayaking and the snorkling? My family isn't convinced that they'd like the kayaking (too much work) although I think I'd like it better than snorkling.

Neither of us did the kayaking...as you said, too much work, and for 45 minutes.

We both did the snorkeling, but had to cut it short due to a scheduleing overlap. DD was going parasailing, and the boat got there before we finished. They kayaked out to pick her up and brought her to the boat. IMHO, snorkeling is much less work than kayaking, and you stay cool while doing it.

OK - I'm ready to reserve, but I'm confused about arrival time. The ship arrives at 10am SHIP TIME, which is one hour ahead of local time. So, is it save to say that I'd arrive at Playa Uvas around 10am local time?

OK - I'm ready to reserve, but I'm confused about arrival time. The ship arrives at 10am SHIP TIME, which is one hour ahead of local time. So, is it save to say that I'd arrive at Playa Uvas around 10am local time?

According to the ship we were on, Caribbean Princess, we were on the same time as Cozumel.

I didn't notice, until we were on the ship, that our reservation had an "arrival" time on it. DD & I decided to do a little shopping in town before heading to Uvas. We arrived later then they expected us, which wasn't a problem. It's a relaxing day, and not a day to have a strict schedule. Remember you are on vacation and "Island Time"!

According to the ship we were on, Caribbean Princess, we were on the same time as Cozumel.

I didn't notice, until we were on the ship, that our reservation had an "arrival" time on it. DD & I decided to do a little shopping in town before heading to Uvas. We arrived later then they expected us, which wasn't a problem. It's a relaxing day, and not a day to have a strict schedule. Remember you are on vacation and "Island Time"!

Thank you.

Mariner of the Seas stays on Ship Time, so it won't be the same as Cozumel time for us. I was able to make a notation on the reservation that our arrival time may vary according to when the ship docks.

Thank you.

Mariner of the Seas stays on Ship Time, so it won't be the same as Cozumel time for us. I was able to make a notation on the reservation that our arrival time may vary according to when the ship docks.

You'll be okay! You can arrive earlier or later and there is not going to be a problem, unless you arrive at 3pm...then that would be a problem because they close at 4pm and there will not be enough time for all the services included in your beachpass!

Here are some photos I took last week at Uvas.