Playa Uvas

rscima

I wanted to post this question here, as I see so many are familiar with UVAS. Thank you for posting your reviews and pictures!

Two questions: 1. Is the all inclusive reservation worth it? Dh and I do want to do the clear kayak, and he will do the snorkel. We like non-alcoholic drinks - those frozen ones. And we would like to eat lunch there. And can we do this in say 3 hours?

2.What time for reservation? I am trying to complete my reservation online and am baffled with a time. If my cruise docs say that we are in port from 7am to 6pm is that EST? I know that Uvas's website states they observe CST.

If I want to be at the beach 10am ship time, would I make our reservation for 9am? (I understand EST and CDT, but I was not sure if the ship changes time to port time or stays at EST from the port where the cruise originated.)

Thanks for your help. And I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question.

i agree, its a more calm leisurely setting. there wasnt a kid in site, and not alot of wild water activities. Very laid back setting. But it was perfect for a peacefull afternoon for my wife and I.

I wanted to post this question here, as I see so many are familiar with UVAS. Thank you for posting your reviews and pictures!

Two questions: 1. Is the all inclusive reservation worth it? Dh and I do want to do the clear kayak, and he will do the snorkel. We like non-alcoholic drinks - those frozen ones. And we would like to eat lunch there. And can we do this in say 3 hours?

2.What time for reservation? I am trying to complete my reservation online and am baffled with a time. If my cruise docs say that we are in port from 7am to 6pm is that EST? I know that Uvas's website states they observe CST.

If I want to be at the beach 10am ship time, would I make our reservation for 9am? (I understand EST and CDT, but I was not sure if the ship changes time to port time or stays at EST from the port where the cruise originated.)

Thanks for your help. And I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question.

hey there, if you want to be there at 10 am your time, 9am cozumel time is correct.

you could get the kayak package for yourself, and the snorkel/kayak package for your husband. Im sure they can customise what you want. My wife also was drinking virgin drinks. We just did the lunch/open bar package.

I think you might want to give yourself a bit more time at uvas if youre doing water activities unless you have other excursions planned. You really probably wont have much time to enjoy the beach, drinks and food if you only give yourself 3 hours and buy an open bar/lunch package. Once you get there you might not want to leave so soon. If youre on a set time, you might want to do the water activities, then just buy lunch/drinks seperately.

What we did was shop in the morning and arrive at uvas around 11:00=11:30ish. We had plenty of time left over after uvas if we wanted to do more shopping.

If you just reserve the entrace pass and a massage, can you upgrade your package once you get there and see what you want to do? I'm debating between reserving the all-inclusive beach pass and just the entrance pass. I may just want to lay around and be a bum or I may want to try the clear kayak and the snorkeling. I'm just not sure. I know for sure I want the massage. :D

Thanks for your input.

Queenvic :p

If you just reserve the entrace pass and a massage, can you upgrade your package once you get there and see what you want to do? I'm debating between reserving the all-inclusive beach pass and just the entrance pass. I may just want to lay around and be a bum or I may want to try the clear kayak and the snorkeling. I'm just not sure. I know for sure I want the massage. :D

Thanks for your input.

Queenvic :p

Space permitting on the tours, I'm sure you can upgrade your package once you decide what you might want to do.

Be sure to reserve your entrance and the massage...you don't want to miss the "Luz Experience"!!

Have fun!

Great photos Indie! Brought back all the memories of my fantastic day at Uvas. Now' date=' thanks to those pics, I'm already trying to figure out when I can go back! :D[/quote']

All of us "Uvas Cheerleaders" should schedule a group cruise! We could visit Uvas as our excursion! We'll get Eduardo to put together a Mexican Cooking Class, a diving expedition, and other excursions...all in one spot that we already love! :D

Indie's photos made me want to leave tomorrow on the Ecstasy headed back to Cozumel!

All of us "Uvas Cheerleaders" should schedule a group cruise! We could visit Uvas as our excursion! We'll get Eduardo to put together a Mexican Cooking Class, a diving expedition, and other excursions...all in one spot that we already love! :D

Indie's photos made me want to leave tomorrow on the Ecstasy headed back to Cozumel!

hehe...me too!! I totally agree with you stir! We should get together and just go down there and stay a week!! :D

I'm heading down there towards the end of August and again in Dec. I'm getting married at Playa uvas! Can't wait!!:D

Thanks Indie for sharing your pics with us...I enjoyed them very much...i loved them strawberry daq's. Did you try the blue hawaiin drink?

This might be outdated, I didnt look at the menu while i was there. But here is one Rodeomomof2 posted last year in this thread. Im not sure about the individual drink prices

I requested this from them a couple of weeks ago, so this should still be accurate, hope this helps...:)

TAPAS PRICE UScy

ENDIBES WITH ROQUEFORT $ 5.00

FRIED CAMEMBERT CHEESE $ 8.00

SALMON & TEPENADE CROSTINI $ 8.00

SMOKED SALMON & POTATO PATTIES $ 9.00

BASIL & GRILLED BELL PEPPERS CROSTINI $ 4.00

CRAB CAKES WITH YOGURT LEMON MAYONNAISE $ 6.00 PASTRY PUFFS MINIPIZZAS $ 5.00

SPRING ROLLS WITH SHRIMP & CRABS $ 9.00

COLD CUT PLATTER salami serrano turkey pastramiwith gouda, camembert and gruyere cheesse $ 9.00

CRUDITIES $ 5.00

SEAFOOD PRICE UScy

FRIED CALAMARI RINGS WITH CURRI DIP $ 9.50

SEAFOOD KEBABS $ 9.00

BELGIUM MUSSELS $ 11.00

FISH CEVICHE UVAS $ 11.00

SHRIMP CEVICHE UVAS $ 11.00

CARACOL CEVICHE UVAS $ 11.00

FISH FILLET garlic, butter or breaded $ 15.00

SHRIMPS garlic, butter or breaded $ 15.00

GRILLED SEAFOOD (2 PEOPLE)lobster, shrimps, squid, fish, snail, calamaries, mussels $ 40.00

MEXICAN FOOD PRICE UScy

CHIPS AND MEXICAN SAUCE $ 4.00

GUACAMOLE UVAS $ 5.00

CHICKEN / CHEESE MEXICAN NACHOS $ 8.00

BEEF / CHEESE MEXICAN NACHOS $ 9.00

SHRIMP / CHEESE MEXICAN NACHOS $ 10.00

CHICKEN / CHEESE MEXICAN QUESADILLAS $ 8.00

BEEF / CHEESE MEXICAN QUESADILLAS $ 9.00

SHRIMP / CHEESE MEXICAN QUESADILLAS $ 10.00

CHICKEN TACOS $ 8.00

BEEF TACOS $ 9.00

SHRIMP TACOS $ 10.00

CHICKEN FAJITAS $ 11.00

BEEF FAJITAS $ 12.00

SHRIMP FAJITAS $ 14.00

SANDWICHES PRICE UScy

CHEESE HAMBURGUER WITH FRENCH FRIES $ 8.00

CLUB SANDWICH WITH FRENCH FRIES $ 9.00

ICE CREAM PRICE UScy

DIFFERENT KIND AND FLAVORS from $3.00 TO $5.00

DRINKSWE HAVE ALMOST 50 DIFFERENT MIXER, FRAPPE AND BRANDS OF DRINKS,EXAMPLES

10 BRANDS OF MEXICAN BEER

DAIQUIRIS STRAWBERRY MANGO ETC

PIÑA COLADA

SCREWDRIVER

MIAMI VICE

BLOODY

MARY

MARGARITA

SLAMER

KAMIZAKE

MOJITO

PALOMA

TEQUILA

JUICES, SODAS, BOTTLE WATER, ETC

Just went to Uvas last weekend. It was a little more "primitive" than I thought; however, this did not take away from the experience. We both did the full kayak/snorkel package for $59 outside of Carnival. There were some there on the Carnival excursion but their price did not include food or the bar. We are not real alcohol drinkers, but you could get any soft drinks and fruity stuff too. The fajitas had plenty of meat and came with guacamole. I think it was $11 if you don't have a package deal. The clear kayaks and snorkeling were good with the guide. I know we saw more fish and coral with the guide. And we did not tip the guide nor did he expect it. We did tip our waiter. He deserved it though...very attentive. If you buy the package you do get to use a locker and towel but have to pay a deposit, so take extra cash. The beach beds and massage area were not in use much, so there shouldn't be any issues reserving this if you want it. 99 cents/minute for the massage and $10/day for the bed. A regular beach chair and umbrella are included. Price per day to just lay around is $7. The kayak trip wasn't much but the snorkeling was great. And it lasted forever...we were very tired when we got back to the beach. We just sat and relaxed for about an hour. We arrived around 10:30AM and left at 3PM. Taxi to/from the ship pier was $10/each way. I think they are pretty laid back about you changing your reservation to add stuff on once you get there. One of the guys did take our pic in the clear kayak and we bought it for $10. Cheaper than the ships pics and it actually was a good, clear pic of us in the kayak.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. And if you go, ask for Raul...he was a great waiter! And Carmen was very nice too taking care of all the reservation stuff...

We were just there on Saturday. Went on the recommendations from this board and we had a nice time. Carmen checked us in and we had Raul for our waiter too. Nice place and would go back again.

We visited Uvas on may5th. It was nice and clean and quiet. We paid the 7.00 admission fee and it included 2 non alcoholic drinks. we also paid to rent the beach bed$10.00 it was much nicer than than having to sit on a chair. We ordered mixed tacos and chips and guacamole for snack. and 2 big margaritas that were just ok and cost 26.00. way too much by my standards. A bug flew and was floating in my drink and when I told and showed the waiter raul I think his name was, He just shrugged his shoulders handed us the food bill and informed us the tip was not included. Go figure. So there went one of the expensive drinks in the trash.

Once we got our beach bed, the unbrella was not very secure so when the wind blew it hit my boyfriend in the face twice. He demanded to be moved because these folks could have cared a less. They moved us to a different location with a more sturdy umbrella.

The beach was clean and very pretty just very rocky. My favorite part of Uvas was my massage with luz she was very sweet and did a great job with my massage. I wish we would skipped the bug infested drink and got a longer massage. I tipped luz well because she was so nice and good at what she does. Sol's glass jewlery was also pretty and she was very nice. I picked up a set for my mom for mothers day. We spent about 3 hours there and moved on to see the rest of the island.

I may visit again next trip but just for the massage and jewerly. I think service could have been much better in the food and drink department.

The host Carmen was very friendly but did little to make the situation right. Just a FYI to any company reps who may read this or other travelers.

Woo Hoo!!!

Daughter has decided she'd like to have her first "over 21" foo-foo at Playa Uvas! She had such a great time last Memorial Day there.

Hopefully I can still get a couple of cabins on the Ecstasy!! Wish me luck with the TA tomorrow! :D

We recently returned from a day at Playa Uvas on May 7. We had a wonderful day. We went with several others couples from our roll call group. MY DH and I had preordered the snorkle,drinks and lunch package, but i injuried my knee a few days before and was unable to snorkle. There was no problem from either Carmen or Eduardo in switching over to the entrance only package for me.(They even added a couple free drink coupons for me to help with the pain in my knee!) They drinks were great and I had the shrimp quesidaills which were wonderful. Service from our waiter was very attentive. While my group snorkled I spent time in the pool, with Carmen and Eduardo spending time chatting with me when they could. We would definietly visit again.

Hello Everyone!

I finally have some time to write about my time @ Playa Uvas :D

I had read about Playa Uvas on this webiste and did all my research. I was also always in e-mail contact with Eduardo who is the most helpful man in the world!!

We got there Thursday May 10th (myself, boyfriend, and my 2 best girlfriends) I was the only one that planned this all out so my friends were all counting on it to be good, lol. Anyways Carmen came right up to us and made us feel so so welcome. She was so wonderful and I really wish I had more time to spend with her but it was Mothers Day in Mexico that day so she had to go home to her family

She showed us around and my friends and boyfriend got right into one of the kayak tours. I choose to stay behind and get started on my hour massage!

It was such a beautiful day..And I met Luz..And all I can say is WOW! I have had MANY MANY massages and this one by FAR is the best one I have EVER HAD!! I just didn't want it to end AT ALL!! She was wonderful..Beyond wonderful...And this was the best part of my week long trip! I can't wait to go back and told my boyfriend that we are staying in Cozumel for a week and coming to Playa Uvas EVERY DAY!! I was still getting my massage when my friends started their other tour to snorkle ..The 3 of them paid $59 each for everything and I choose the lunch/bar for $36 I think? When they were all done we had lunch. The food was SOOOO good and we had such a great great waiter and his name is Raul! He was wonderful and I think he enjoyed our company as well

Here is what got me the most...When we were about to be served lunch..All my friends were telling me how much they LOVE this place and what a great job I did..And then...The entire staff of Playa Uvas came out to our table with a BEAUTIFUL Birthday cake for me! I almost cried..When I was emailing with Eduardo I had told him that this trip was for my 25th Bday, etc and to know that the staff of Playa Uvas remembered that special day and took that time to make me a cake and do that for me..Wow..That is a memory that will be with me forever..They were just the nicest people and so caring and thoughtful..I have NEVER experienced customer service the way I did @ Playa Uvas..The cake and lunch were beyond delicious :) Thank you again guys!! That was really the best

After lunch I went down and laid out on our beach bed! I would HIGHLY recommend getting a beach bed. They were wonderful..Got some drinks..I sent my boyfriend to get a 1 hour with Luz and he was in love :) I just swam around and laid out..It was total bliss...Beautiful..NONE of us wanted to leave at all..

We were so sad when we had to go and we all are coming back to Cozumel for a week or two and coming to Playa Uvas on a daily basis! That is how much we loved it there...We all fell in love with everyone and everything about Playa Uvas!

I can't wait to go back and either can my friends

The cab ride for the 4 of us was only $10 and very easy to get one. And no matter what you need..The amazing staff will help you find it :) Thank you so so much Carmen, Eduardo, Luz, Raul, and everyone else for such an amazing day and a very special Birthday. I can't wait to see you all again :D

smaller.JPG.3760d3e3f3e6fe87f64a2e7618c3d15d.JPG

smaller1.JPG.90a3b22d648ab6c34a6459dcd14a22b8.JPG

smaller2.JPG.8accf94d90b53d8c640c2ddb026fefd4.JPG

Everyone seems to have a fabulous time. It's high on my list of options for our day in Cozumel. My 18 DD and I are going on a Mother - Daughter cruise for her graduation, and it sounds like it might be a good choice for a relaxing day.

So many choices, not enough time. :rolleyes: