Playa Uvas

rscima

Its rocky, but better for snorkeling.. Paradise has more activaties for all ages were Uvas is more of a laid back resort type club. There will be more children and people at Paradise beach.

There is sand between the rocks, so stepping carefully onto the sand between the rocks for a couple of feet will get you to the sandy bottom.

I have some photos here, taken the end of May 2006...and will be returning there for the 4th time on July 21st. I'll post some new photos when I get home.

Did you get over to Playa Uvas yet, Ken?

Will you be giving us a review?

Nope havent been there yet, plan on stopping by for some pics and such when I'm in Cozumel in August.:)

Have a wonderful time on your cruise and your day on Cozumel Island. Be sure to try the Cerviche at Uvas, if you're staying for lunch...and a massage with Luz!

Say "hi" to PB Tom for me when you go Mayor-ing over there!

Stircrazy, great pictures of Uvas, thank you for sharing them with us. It's getting me excited about visiting in just 15 days! It looks wonderful and relaxing. Just what we are looking for.

Ken was fair in his assessment that Paradise Beach has more people and children and more activities for all ages where Playa Uvas is more laid-back, with a Euro feel...more upscale resort, very relaxing, but has available amenities such as snorkeling, dive shop, pool, clear kayaks, for those who want them.

Both are great places to spend some beachy time. It's all in what YOU like and HOW you like to spend your beach time.

I can't wait to try out the new hammocks and see the new umbrellas at Uvas in three more weeks!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise and your day on Cozumel Island. Be sure to try the Cerviche at Uvas, if you're staying for lunch...and a massage with Luz!

Say "hi" to PB Tom for me when you go Mayor-ing over there!

I will... Only 45 days.. I dont know about lunch or a massage, but will have a drink or two.. I would like to visit as many beaches as possible to provide first hand pics and knowledge.... Yep will say hey to Tom for ya... Enjoy your next cruise.:)

:eek:

I will... Only 45 days.. I dont know about lunch or a massage, but will have a drink or two.. I would like to visit as many beaches as possible to provide first hand pics and knowledge.... Yep will say hey to Tom for ya... Enjoy your next cruise.:)

Hey Ken, don't forget to check out those hammacks!:D

We are planning on going to Playa Uvas on our Sept. cruise. I am so excited. How are the fajitas? burgers?We are thinking of doing the package that includes lunch. Which is better? The package that includes fajitas for lunch or just buy what we want from the restaurant??

Hmm...hard question to answer!

They are famous for their Cerviche, their fajitas are great, I love the tilapia with rice and veggies...

maybe book the package with fajitas and ADD on stuff from the menu!

:D:D:D:D

I am NO help, huh?

Hmm...hard question to answer!

They are famous for their Cerviche, their fajitas are great, I love the tilapia with rice and veggies...

maybe book the package with fajitas and ADD on stuff from the menu!

:D:D:D:D

I am NO help, huh?

I think this is a great idea!!!! I was thinking the same thing. :D

At the chance of sounding ignorant, what is cerviche?

Cerviche is a classic fish dish using absolutely fresh fish, with a seasoning of citrus juices, with spices, onion, etc. Ceviche can include a mixture of saltwater fish, scallops or other shellfish, squid or octopus, and onion, chili, tomato, pepper and/or cilantro, and is often served as an appetizer or light meal.

I'll try to get you a photo of the cerviche!

Except for a few meanies, we're all here to exchange information and enjoy vicariously each other's trips and photos of Playa Uvas. Ask any questions you may have...someone will give you an answer!

At the chance of sounding ignorant, what is cerviche?

There is no wrong question to be asked..

Except for a few meanies, we're all here to exchange information and enjoy vicariously each other's trips and photos of Playa Uvas. Ask any questions you may have...someone will give you an answer!

Really?? I havent seen any mean posts around here in a while.:)

I think this is a great idea!!!! I was thinking the same thing. :D

We did that but be careful because the fajitas are A LOT of food. Plenty of meat and veggies, plus the beans and rice, and the never-ending hot tortillas AND the warm chips and salsa AND the guacamole. Whew, we were STUFFED but certainly satisfied. Very yummy food and I live in So California where there's a great little Mexican place on every corner so I'm picky about authentic and fresh. Uvas satisfied my hunger for good Mexican food.

Now all I have to do is waaaiiiitttt...

I've got the driver scheduled from Cozumel Tours to take us to Talavara and to some art galleries, then out to Uvas for lunch and a dip in the ocean.

My reservations at Uvas for lunch and Luz are made, and now I just have to wait for two more weeks until I get on the Ecstasy!

I can't wait to show Playa Uvas to my friend!

We're leaving in 2 weeks.

We will be glad to check them out and report back to you! :D It's a task I will enjoy doing.

You will be leaving soon! (Lucky!!) ;)

Can't wait to read your report!! Have fun at Playa Uvas!! :D

Now all I have to do is waaaiiiitttt...

I've got the driver scheduled from Cozumel Tours to take us to Talavara and to some art galleries, then out to Uvas for lunch and a dip in the ocean.

My reservations at Uvas for lunch and Luz are made, and now I just have to wait for two more weeks until I get on the Ecstasy!

I can't wait to show Playa Uvas to my friend!

Talavara--Do you know if they are availabe in Progreso?

When you go to Uvas pls take pics and post em here! :)

p.s. thanks for helping hdawson w/the pics..they are indeed pretty pics of Merida.

Stircrazy: Can we please ask you to take photos of the hammocks? A friend of ours that we recommended her to visit Uvas for snorkling and kayaking, took pictures of everything, except the hammocks :confused: (silly girl!) . I'm just curious to see what they look like, and where they are. We thank you.

Stircrazy: Can we please ask you to take photos of the hammocks? A friend of ours that we recommended her to visit Uvas for snorkling and kayaking, took pictures of everything, except the hammocks :confused: (silly girl!) . I'm just curious to see what they look like, and where they are. We thank you.

Hopefully RNLMIGACZ, can take pics of the hammocks & post the pics on here for us!!:D If not, I'm sure Stir will! :)

On the Playa Uvas website I see a excursion jeep/ buggy tour option.

On the tour it stops at Playa Uvas......WHAT is expected to do during this time????

Do you Snorkel? Kayak? Relax? Massage?

What is there time for?

Is there something that is just done as a group?

IS there a extra charge for doing things during this stop or included in the tour price??

Please give me more details on this excursion.

We really wanted to go to Play Uvas to Kayak and Snorkel but also wanted to see the other side of Cozumel.

Is this the way to do it???

Sorry I'm so full of questions.......We are traveling with at least 3 other couples and I am trying to get all the questions in.

I am sure I will have more

Thanks!!!!!!!

Hopefully RNLMIGACZ, can take pics of the hammocks & post the pics on here for us!!:D If not, I'm sure Stir will! :)

You betcha!

I plan to order from the menu this time, too...so I'll be taking some photos of whatever I decide to eat this time!