Alaska 2007

mrcruzer

From Seattle - round trip: Amsterdam, Noordam, Oosterdam.

From Vancouver - round trip: Ryndam (May 6, Sept 16), Volendam (May 11, Sept 21), Zaandam, Zuiderdam

North bound from Vancouver: Ryndam, Statendam, Volendam.

South bound from Seward: Ryndam, Statendam, Volendam.

Oh no! Im sorry! when I searched, I couldn't find anything for Summer 07. Sorry about that!

Amsterdam returning after no 2006 Alaska season, and Noordam coming too, instead of Westerdam...mhm...

Does anyone know what the possible Spring 07 pacific Coastal cruises might look like?

OK Brian where are you finding this, all I get is this...

Find A Cruise

• Unable to find any sailings that match your qualifiers. Please specify new qualifiers and retry. (Advisory 5042)

I am now getting the exact same message.:mad:

The 2007 cruise planner has the Oosterdam doing a Pacific Coast cruise on April 28 - 4 days and another one on May 2 for 3 days. The Ryndam is listed as doing a 4 day Pacific cruise on May 2. The planner does not give specific details like ports or where they are sailing from.

I called Holland as I am also interested in Alaska 07, they told me their pricing and schedules would not be out until July. I aseked them if the schedules were going to be the same, their response they did not know.

I called Holland as I am also interested in Alaska 07, they told me their pricing and schedules would not be out until July. I aseked them if the schedules were going to be the same, their response they did not know.

As I posted above, you can see ALL of HAL's 2007 Alaska cruises at Travelocity!

This seems ridiculous - if only I could get through on the phone to HAL I would like to ask them how it is that Travelocity have the schedule and prices before HAL says that they are available. I wonder if anyone has actually booked a HAL Alaska 2007 cruise with Travelocity yet? My TA says that they are the only cruise company that won't commit themselves to a booking opening date and even worse than that - as proved by recent experiences, they tell everyone who contacts them a different story. There seems to be no overall policy at all. We are planning our 2007 HAL cruise as part of a 5 week trip from England. I can't really finalise anything else until I get the cruise date settled. It seems to me to be a huge mistake to mess their customers around so much. Having said that I have investigated all the other Alaska cruises available (we are first time cruisers) and still want to stick with HAL!

Cheryl

This seems ridiculous - if only I could get through on the phone to HAL I would like to ask them how it is that Travelocity have the schedule and prices before HAL says that they are available. I wonder if anyone has actually booked a HAL Alaska 2007 cruise with Travelocity yet? My TA says that they are the only cruise company that won't commit themselves to a booking opening date and even worse than that - as proved by recent experiences, they tell everyone who contacts them a different story. There seems to be no overall policy at all. We are planning our 2007 HAL cruise as part of a 5 week trip from England. I can't really finalise anything else until I get the cruise date settled. It seems to me to be a huge mistake to mess their customers around so much. Having said that I have investigated all the other Alaska cruises available (we are first time cruisers) and still want to stick with HAL!

Cheryl

I just tried to see if I could book a HAL cruise on Travelocity, and I'm getting - "Sorry, we are unable to process your request. You may retry your request or call customer service to complete this reservation." But the itineraries and prices are there! After seeing what HAL had on Travelocity, I decided to go with Princess. It's no wonder I get so many e-mails and mailings from HAL about their great savings for THIS year's summer cruises...those who book way in advance didn't want to wait for HAL to get their act together last year at this time!

I could be wrong but this is just my thought....HAL does have their itinerarys set and for which ships but final pricing has not been set. If you look at Travelocity's prices they are close to double what I paid this year for Alaska. I think Travelocity is just hoping to snag a few clients, get deposits and when HAL's pricing is set in July it will be finalized. Also the prices they have for HAL cruises are much higher than for NCL and Princess. I think if you went as far as to try to book one of these cruises it would tell you to call in and they would explain that they will finalize and confirm at a later date.

I just tried to see if I could book a HAL cruise on Travelocity, and I'm getting - "Sorry, we are unable to process your request. You may retry your request or call customer service to complete this reservation." But the itineraries and prices are there! After seeing what HAL had on Travelocity, I decided to go with Princess. It's no wonder I get so many e-mails and mailings from HAL about their great savings for THIS year's summer cruises...those who book way in advance didn't want to wait for HAL to get their act together last year at this time!

Nancy, you basically posted what I thought.... but in all honestly those WILL NOT be the prices that HAL will charge. HAL is highly reguarded in Alaska because they do things right. They were basically the first to really get Alaska cruising going. I think it is interesting that most all of the cruises excursions in Alaska are operated by HAL so even if you choose a Princess Cruise you excursions could be HAL. I guess because I am a loyal HAL fan I have no problems waiting till July.

I could be wrong but this is just my thought....HAL does have their itinerarys set and for which ships but final pricing has not been set. If you look at Travelocity's prices they are close to double what I paid this year for Alaska. I think Travelocity is just hoping to snag a few clients, get deposits and when HAL's pricing is set in July it will be finalized. Also the prices they have for HAL cruises are much higher than for NCL and Princess. I think if you went as far as to try to book one of these cruises it would tell you to call in and they would explain that they will finalize and confirm at a later date.

Looks to me like HAL's prices are in line with what Princess and Celebrity are charging - at least their starting prices on Travelocity. If I wanted a HAL Alaskan cruise, I wouldn't book with Travelocity (or with HAL, either) because you can still get discounts if you shop around.

I've been on one HAL cruise (Zaandam), and it wasn't a particulary great experience. I have since cruised with RCI 3 times and loved it, so I initially booked my Alaska cruise on Radiance of the Seas, knowing that I might change depending on what Princess and HAL had to offer. Maybe some day I'll take HAL up on one of their great last-minute offers, because they are sure to have lots of them. It doesn't matter how well HAL does Alaska, if people get frustrated waiting for them and go elsewhere.

I find it odd that HAL has set their schedule and prices for all of 2007 except Alaska. When I spoke with my Travel Agent earlier today and told her what a wonderful time we had in Canada, I also told her that we were looking to do HAL Alaska in 2008. She told me to call back later this year in October. Do travel agents get pricing & schedules ahead of everyone else?

Just coming back from the Westerdam RT Seattle and for next year I would book the Amsterdam NOW for a balcony,the best ship for this great cruise to Alaska,smaller than the other two new ships and easy air RT seattle for most.

Coming from Australia, I need to lock in a 2007 Alaska cruise so that I can plan the rest of the trip.

Can't wait any longer for HAL to get their act together. Have booked with Princess.

Another lost opportunity to gain a new Customer, HAL.

P.S. I know it's over a year away ... but if the other Cruise Lines can do it, why not HAL?

When I discussed this situation a few weeks back with the NZ rep for HAL, they said HAL advised them end of May (although they did not say 2006 :) ). They did mention that there is a difference between "taking bookings" and "confirming booking". Perhaps Travelocity is "taking bookings" but they cannot "confirm" bookings yet.

We want round trip put of Vancouver so our choice of cruise lines is pretty much limited, the HAL itineraries are best we have found and the mid week sailing is appealling because it means fewer other ships in port on port days. Also the smaller ships.

I'm in the same position as a number of other international travellers posting above, this Alaska cruise in 2007 is only a part of a much longer (6 weeks) family holiday (a.k.a vacation). We need to get the cruise confirmed as work everything else around that.

Hopefully only another week :) (or is that 2 months :( )

Cheryl

Have a dozen HAL cruises to my credit and always take one to Mexico (Dec 2006) & Volendam to Alaska in May each yr BUT not for 2007. Got 'tired' (as did my TA) trying to get info so instead I booked RCCLs Serenade of the Seas to Alaska out of & return to Vancouver - it will include Hubbard Glacier and Sitka .. Enjoy Hubbard Glacier over Glacier Bay anyway and the 2 alternative restaurants onboard will be nice also instead of only 1 on HAL ships. Will miss the ambience, service and familiarity though on HAL.

I wld have preferred HAL but they are going to lose more clients if they don't 'shape' up.

Hope it all works out for u!!

Archived