Waitlisted on Dawn Princess

dtvacruiser

My sister-in-law begged us to go with her on Dawn June 17 inside passage, so we called and are waitlisted #2. What do you think our chances are this close to sail (three weeks)?

I think you would have a good chance. Emergencies, changes in schedule do happen. I know one cruise we cancelled the morning of sailing because I ended up in emergency.

I will be on the Dawn Princess June 17 sailing too. I booked about 5 weeks ago with an inside gty and still no room assigned. There were only 3 "non-waitlist" staterooms then. I think we are waiting for cancellations. On my Princess paperwork the 100% cancellation fee for this cruise goes into effect on June 3. I used to work for NCL in reservations. (Shhhhhh, that is a secret;) ) People who were needing to cancel but still weren't completely sure would cancel right before that cutoff date to at least only get the 75% cancellation of cruise fare penalty. Hopefully it will all work out. Number 2 on a list doesn't sound too bad at all!

Jill

I used to work for NCL in reservations. (Shhhhhh, that is a secret;) )

Jill

Interesting secret! What is more interesting is to look at your cruise history and lack of NCL cruises.....Must not have liked the company???

My sister-in-law begged us to go with her on Dawn June 17 inside passage, so we called and are waitlisted #2. What do you think our chances are this close to sail (three weeks)?

If I were you, I'd have my bags packed and ready to go. Do you live in the area of embarkation?

Good luck!

No, also have to hope ticket available to use FF miles on.

Hope you are very flexable and have plenty of time. Seattle flights have very high load factors, over 95%. You will be lucky to get FF mile seats at this point??

FF miles are probably not an option at this point. Start checking on airfare just in case you get the stateroom.

Sometimes they are on short notice, but you have to use a TON of miles. It may work out better to pay and keep the miles depending on the fare.

Good luck - I hope you get on board!

Bet the only way you will get FF seats is if you have a LOT of miles! For instance, on American Airlines - you'll need double miles (50,000) for AAnytime awards that have no capacity controls, no travel embargo dates, no restrictions for when you fly (provided the flight is not sold out). Business-class and first-class seats require even more miles. In addition, if you book your tickets 7-20 days prior to departure, there will be a $50 fee for the first ticket, and $25 for each additional ticket. The fee is $100 ($25/additional ticket) if booked less than 7 days prior to departure, and that's in addition to your $2.50/segment security fee. If that's the route you want to go, I'd get online or call the airline RIGHT NOW and put your FF seats on hold! American can hold the reservation for up to 14 days.

If your booking does go through, which we all hope it does. :) I suggest you might want to consider priceline for your flights. You will need to book for the day ahead and day after your sailing, since you have no control over the flight times. But may end up being your cheapest option.

Depends where you are coming from to Seattle.

Found out that the miles seats were already in premium as mentioned above so had flights added to booking, didn't have enough miles then. Seatle is long way from here. Then personalizer said air city Raleigh which is 5-6 hrs drive away. I called and was told there were only certain gateway cities for certain cruises and Tri-Cities Tn was not on this, but charlotte is closer so I called back and had it changed to that gateway. I have searched air and can't find any fares as cheap as cruise line and seats are almost booked up. One person at princess said I had a good chance of clearing and a supervisor said I had slim chance on same call! Really want on this one. Getting really bummed out!

Since your air is a concern, I would suggest as soon as you clear, you might want to do priceline. You will need to arrive the day prior and leave the day after, but this may be your rock bottom available rates.

Found out that the miles seats were already in premium as mentioned above so had flights added to booking, didn't have enough miles then. Seatle is long way from here. Then personalizer said air city Raleigh which is 5-6 hrs drive away. I called and was told there were only certain gateway cities for certain cruises and Tri-Cities Tn was not on this, but charlotte is closer so I called back and had it changed to that gateway. I have searched air and can't find any fares as cheap as cruise line and seats are almost booked up. One person at princess said I had a good chance of clearing and a supervisor said I had slim chance on same call! Really want on this one. Getting really bummed out!

Have you checked Southwest? They fly from Raleigh to Seattle (and maybe from somewhere closer to you).. they often have seats but they will not be at the cheapest rate AND if you but "ticketless travel" and don't use the ticket you can bank the funds to use on any other ticket with Southwest for a year. Did that last year and it worked out great.. no problem using the "banked" funds and you would have a ticket.. Not a lot of flexibilty with the times but unlike Priceline you will have ticket money banked if you don't clear the waitlist?

Woo! At least I finally moved up a notch. I'm now #1 on the least.

someone must have gotten a cabin or dropped off list. Maybe there is hope.

I checked southwest. Expensive. I got gateway moved to Charlotte. I might be able to do that. sure hope to get a balcony cabin, but I'll take anything to get on!

Archived