Don't like Princess Coffee?? Check this out...

scots

I am hoping to gather a list of names and emails to send to Princess Customer Care and let them know how much their passengers dislike the current coffee they are serving on board. Hopefully if they are bombarded with names and complaints they will look into it. Please feel free to detail your complaints (ex taste; reports of charging for onboard coffee etc....)

Please email your info to me at scotscruisers@hotmail.com and I will collate the info collected and send it off on behalf of CCers!!

Thanks for your support!

I'm a tea drinker. DH likes coffee and has a tiny Nespresso compact - it takes little capsules and makes espresso in about 20 seconds. He wants to bring it next time. What do you think?

Edited: I just read on another thread that since the Star fire, electric coffe makers are no longer allowed. Maybe DH should buy a mini French press - anyone know who makes a nice portable model?

I don't like espresso - way to strong for me. Just a regular, nicely fresh brewed cup of coffee works for me! If that is what DH likes it might work better than paying for a specialty coffee on board, unless of course, since he is on vacation he may wish to treat himself!!

Ya know, it seems like Princess would fix something this little. When I read all the posts on "What do you wish Princess had that it does not", everything is an easily fixed thing.

If I was in charge, I waould do the things people want: Better coffee, a Lemonade type of free drink, and...there's not much more.

Just do it.

Ya know, it seems like Princess would fix something this little. When I read all the posts on "What do you wish Princess had that it does not", everything is an easily fixed thing.

If I was in charge, I waould do the things people want: Better coffee, a Lemonade type of free drink, and...there's not much more.

Just do it.

I know most of you CCers have referred tons of new people to Princess and perhaps other cruise lines...with the product they have, I'm sure that by adding the few things we've asked for, they would getALL of our referrals HANDS DOWN!!!! I can't understand why they don't "just do it".

....sail well...Oui :)

What do people not like about Princess coffee? I've sailed Princess 3 times, and honestly don't recall it being bad. I don't recall it being the best cup of coffee ever, but honestly have no recollection of a "bad" cup either.

I'm curious what others consider bad.

What do people not like about Princess coffee? I've sailed Princess 3 times, and honestly don't recall it being bad. I don't recall it being the best cup of coffee ever, but honestly have no recollection of a "bad" cup either.

I'm a tea drinker, but I think I know where the coffee drinkers are coming from. Not everyone can taste the same thing. This is true with smell too. It could be some of these people have more taste buds than average (scientists call these people super-tasters). There is an experiment you can do to see if you are a super taster. Punch a standard (quarter inch) hole in a piece of paper. Rub your tongue with green food coloring and put the paper over your tongue. Now count the number of taste buds visible in the hole. Taking a digital picture may help. I did this years ago and confirmed what I already suspected. I forget what the numerical cut off was, but you can probably track it down on the internet.

A second possibility is just that some of these people are average tasters but have experienced many different types of coffee and have thus refined their palates.

I suspect that the complaints are that the coffee is "thin" tasting and lacks complexity. I read that coffee has 900 different taste and smell compounds.

For me it's easier to tell you what is good....when you are in Vancouver next time, cruising to Alaska, make sure to find a Tim Hortons coffee shop and enjoy good Canadian coffee, eh. ...........happy sails...Oui

I love coffee. My wife and I brew a pot each (regular & decaf) every day. On weekends, we use fresh grinded whole beans. I may not be an expert, but I know what I like.

That said, I'm not in the "Princess coffee sucks" club. It's not great, but it's not on my wish list either.

The answer, if Princess reacts at all, should be obvious. Install a pay-as you-go Starbucks/Barnies/Seattles Best coffee concession a-la the ice cream bar.

This way everyone gets what they wants.

Of course, everyone is going to have their own personal "taste" for coffee. All I am saying is that if so many people dislike what is currently offered on board then we owe it to Princess to advise them of that. Obviously they will do what they will with the info. I am just asking for regular brewed fresh coffee to be available anywhere onboard (dining rooms, horizon court, coffee bar, room service should all be able to provide the same coffee for the same amount which at this point has all been free). If I want to pay for "coffee" I will get a cappucino or mocha or something fancy like that. A simple request is all this is for me! I am sure there will be others out there who disagree and that is their right!

>>> Ya know, it seems like Princess would fix something this little.

It is NOT a little thing. We have been on 4 Princess ships as well as a Carnival. On all five, the self-serve coffee dispensers used the concentrate syrup. I can’t remember if the larger ships have four or six of these “stations”. While not great, it is passable coffee.

To “fix” this, Princess would have to install how many small “Bunn” type coffee makers to handle a thousand or so people at a time in the morning, 30, 40 or 50. Or how about the large coffee urns used in cafeterias, we know how much we enjoy the coffee after it’s been in there for an hour or two.

Princess is stuck between customer satisfaction, use of floor space and losing money from brewed coffee being thrown away.

For me it's easier to tell you what is good....when you are in Vancouver next time, cruising to Alaska, make sure to find a Tim Hortons coffee shop and enjoy good Canadian coffee, eh. ...........happy sails...Oui

I agree about the Tim Horton's. I have at least 1 or 2 a day! I think there is some special elixer in their coffee that makes it so addicting!

Julia:D

Edited: I just read on another thread that since the Star fire, electric coffe makers are no longer allowed. Maybe DH should buy a mini French press - anyone know who makes a nice portable model?

I own one of these, and it is fantastic: http://www.planetarydesign.us/home.php

I also bring along a supply of my favorite beans and a portable hand crank grinder meant for backpacking:

http://www.scoutgear.com/poj173.html

Hot water is readily available from room service, or at Horizon Court.

I love the Princess coffee - in fact - I would pay for it if they started charging - Had my fill of Mickey D's and Starbucks crap - use it for paint remover.

Ron

Exactly. Another vote for Princess coffee. Starbucks is undrinkable. BTW, have you had Green Mountain coffee? It's actually very good.

I wouldn't even mind if they had a coffee bar like one I saw on Carnival Pride. This at least gives you the option of going with the free stuff or paying for the premium. I wouldl gladly pay for a good cup of coffee everyday.

Archived