GAUCHOS? Are they in or out?

I must say I disagree. Working out IS a religion for me - I am in excellent shape, and a size 4/6. My bottom is neither wide nor out-of-shape, and gauchos look horrendous on me. I think they are one of the most unflattering styles to ever be created. I didn't like them the last time they surfaced, and as far as I'm concerned, they can wash back out to sea and stay there. :D

Yes, along with stirrup pants and pleated ones. Gosh, the ocean will be full.

Barb

According to my teenage girls, they are in. Personally, I have not worn them & do not plan to wear any. But my girls each have a pair for lounging around the house & a pair for dressing up. One daughter is lean & leggy & the other has shorter legs but is petite too. Both wear heels with the pants for dressing up & they look nice.

All that counts is what you feel comfortable in.

According to my teenage girls, they are in. .
That's sort of a telling sentence from my perspective:rolleyes: I'm an adult, and trends that teenagers wear are probably not the most appropriate for me.

Not to mention the fact I look awful in gauchos. Comfortable, yes, anything in stretch knit is comfortable:D But gauchos are not a look for me.....

• 2 months later...

My daughter needed some school clothes, and the gouchos work well for her. She has kind of a big waist and no fanny, so she has trouble fitting in pants, but the gouchos work well for her because we can buy the size to fit her waist and they are not too long for her.

I am not a big fan of them, but for he needs, she can substitute them for pants or shorts for school and still look pretty nice.

I love them, but I have found that even though they all look the same, some fit very different and can be much more flattering than others. The material also has a lot to do with them being dressy or casual. I have a pair of cotton ones that I wear to the grocery store, etc and one pair in matte jersey that I wear with slinky tops to dinner.

i say, if you like 'em, wear 'em. i know i wear 'em, everyone i know wears 'em.

i work in the beaty industry and we all wear them to the "office", out for drinks, working out, shopping, etc. do what feels right for you.

all the best to you!

i say, if you like 'em, wear 'em. i know i wear 'em, everyone i know wears 'em.

i work in the beaty industry and we all wear them to the "office", out for drinks, working out, shopping, etc. do what feels right for you.

all the best to you!

Right on! They are really in style, and if you know how to wear them- It's like anything, don't wear them to tight- or with the horrible panty line- and if you have a bit extra around the middle- wear a longer shirt to even it out!! Anything can look bad on people, you just need to know how to wear it! You say heavier people shouldn't wear these, but what about shorts? Skirts? Bathing suits? All these things aren't made just for size 2 are they?!!:rolleyes:

I am not for them, nor against them. Personally I try to stay away from too trendy things. I try to work the basics with just a few trendy pieces. Gauchos just don't 'jump out' at me when I am shopping, so never thought to even try the look.

I have seen many wear them, and they look great... on some. But that is how it is with low rise jeans, cropped tops, skinny jeans, capris... It is all a matter of what fits your body and personality.

:D I am so glad you asked the Gauchos question, you reminded me I had a pair ! They must be left over from the early 80's and WOW they still fit ! They are a very dressy black pair that I think I'll take with me on our October cruise, I have a beautiful dressy 2 piece top with some beading on it, so I have a new outfit for formal nights and it didn't cost a penny ! Thank you. :):D:)

As to if they are in or out --- who cares ? You'll see so many different styles old and new that it really doesn't matter. If you like them, go for it.;)

My sister introduced me to gauchos this summer, and I practically lived in them during our recent Mediterranean cruise! Bought two pairs in matte jersey (from Target!) just before we left - wore them on many excursions, on the plane, and even to dinner once or twice (always with the appropriate heels, shirts, etc., of course). Seeing that I paid $13.99 per pair, I definitely got my money's worth.

My sister did give a warning before I even tried a pair on - you won't like them on you the first time you put them on. And she was right! They took some getting used to - but I conquered that pretty quick and now I'm so glad I bought them!

Archived