On Board Booking?

thomasale

Yes, there's a small on-board credit of you book while on board. It's not as generous as it used to be, but, hey---$$$ is $$$.

If you book with a Future Cruise Consultant you usually receive a bottle of wine on the current cruise as a "thank you".

We've never used the on-board consultant to book a future cruise. The one time we even considered it was our last cruise but found out HAL was not providing consultants on all cruises and ours was one of the ones that didn't have somebody on the ship. They were willing to provide us a 1-800 number to Seattle to use from our cabin but we decided not to do that. I understand you can transfer any booking to your land-based TA but we use Internet agencies for the most part and I'm not sure the ones we use would accept the transfer. Guess I'll have to ask one of these days.

We gave AAA a chance to book a cruise for us a couple of years ago. Their price was much higher than we arranged ourselves through an Internet provider for the very same cruise. The $50 to $100 ship credit and a bottle of wine wouldn't have come even close to making up the difference. There are some, but very few, brick and mortar agencies that can match the price of the Internet providers we use. Goes back to why we've not been big users of the on-board consultants and why we don't book directly with the cruise line over the Internet.

We normally have a couple of future cruises in the bank with Princess. Now that we are trying HAL was wondering if they had the same kind of offer for booking a future cruise deposit with them.

THANKS

We gave AAA a chance to book a cruise for us a couple of years ago. Their price was much higher than we arranged ourselves through an Internet provider for the very same cruise. The $50 to $100 ship credit and a bottle of wine wouldn't have come even close to making up the difference. There are some, but very few, brick and mortar agencies that can match the price of the Internet providers we use. Goes back to why we've not been big users of the on-board consultants and why we don't book directly with the cruise line over the Internet.

I keep forgetting that HAL allows TA's to discount. That changes the whole game.

Archived