LIVE From 6/4 Freedom of the Seas - Add your thoughts here & WIN PRIZES

THANKS WILL BE ON HER SOON HEY i WENT TO NY & WENT TO THE LINDENHURST DINNER CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS IT WAS OK WE WENT TO THE PETER PAN IN BAYSHORE INSTEAD GREAT!! :D

Yes I know exactly where Peter Pan is at although I have never eaten there. The Lindenhurst Diner.......... is that the one on Montauk Highway? There is a better Diner on Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst, you really can't miss it it is the only Diner on Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst across the street from Town Hall. Next time you are in the area you should check it out.

Oh man I love those dinners love the NAUTALIS IN MASSAPEQUA wow been to the one on sunrise yes good ok getting hungary will eat good on the freedom!!! thanks :cool:

LOL!! Yeah the Nautilus is awesome too, I used to go there after a night in the clubs. Another awesome diner is the Spartan Diner in Farmingdale on Route 110. If you are ever in the area hit that diner.

I hope someone who has sailed the Freedom can tell me if they know how Cabin 7632 is at the beginning of the hump.

I was in 6332, which is the same cabin, just on the other side of the ship. It was great! We had the beds separated, so it was a tight squeeze between the built-in where the TV is and the foot of the bed. If the beds were together, though, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem.

You'll love it!

Tracy

The balcony was the same size as all of the other E2 balconies, but more trapezoidal than rectangular. FYI, on the original deck plans, these cabins looked to be the first on the hump, but the first hump cabin is actually xx30.

All of the balconies on Freedom are big...you will love it!

Tracy

The balcony was the same size as all of the other E2 balconies, but more trapezoidal than rectangular. FYI, on the original deck plans, these cabins looked to be the first on the hump, but the first hump cabin is actually xx30.

All of the balconies on Freedom are big...you will love it!

Tracy

Tracy,

I am so stinking jealous that you're going back to the Freedom so soon!!! I was looking at your description of the hump cabins, I think I have one booked for the 11/04/07 Eastern sailing, 9532, the only concern I have is that it's a connecting cabin with the JS next door, but until something else comes along I'm sticking with that. Janet

Tracy,

I am so stinking jealous that you're going back to the Freedom so soon!!!

Janet,

I just couldn't resist! I got home and felt like I just HAD to go back. Of course, now you know that feeling too! LOL

I'm booked in a "connecting" promenade cabin (seems like almost all of them are connecting). Not sure I'll stick with it, but it was the best available at the time. It's something new to try, although I know if I don't upgrade to a balcony, I will REALLY miss it!!!

A connecting hump cabin has got to be better than a connecting PR cabin! LOL

T

Hi Everyone,

I have one more question from you seasoned cruisers. Nobody has ever mentioned if there are any outside seating areas for the Windjammer. My DH and I enjoy eating out in the sun and breeze. I would appreciate someone sharing this info with us. Thank you.

Sharon

Hi Everyone,

I have one more question from you seasoned cruisers. Nobody has ever mentioned if there are any outside seating areas for the Windjammer. My DH and I enjoy eating out in the sun and breeze. I would appreciate someone sharing this info with us. Thank you.

Sharon

There is no outisde seating in the Windjammer on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.. at least in three cruises on them I have not seen any..now Radiance class does have that feature.. quite a nice area in fact.

Emmy

Emmy,

Thanks, I'm disappointed but thanks. We did cruise on the Voyager but could not remember if that ship did or not. I really do like the outside eating arrangements and yes the Jewel of the Seas had an excellent seating area. Oh well I guess I'll have to get fat without sunshine.

Sharon

Emmy,

Thanks, I'm disappointed but thanks. We did cruise on the Voyager but could not remember if that ship did or not. I really do like the outside eating arrangements and yes the Jewel of the Seas had an excellent seating area. Oh well I guess I'll have to get fat without sunshine.

Sharon

Sharon.. I like your last line:D but if you sit right by the windows in Windjammer awesome view of the aft and the wake..

Em

• 5 weeks later...
Thank Sue! :)

I still have time to decide. I am trying to figure out from the photos if those balcony rooms protrude out just under that new whirlpool. If so, it would be nice to have the bigger balcony. I will get enough sun on the islands and on deck. Sometimes the shade is a good thing with tropical drink in hand...makes the ice last longer during sunset sail away!

Cheers!

haven't heard from you in ages!!!!!!!!!!! We are on Mariner on Jan. 21 and are considering Freedom in Jan., 2006. I am also sailing on Serenade without DH as he says Alaska is too cold

Sherri from Mariner -- 6/2005

Where did everyone post their pics from the cruise? I'm dying to see them all!! :) mary

Hello Mary.. it was a wonderful cruise...here is a link to my review thread... on the review link at the bottom is a link to my photos....

We had a blast!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=368974

Em

We’ll run a couple of postcards each day – and each time we use a contribution you'll get a free prize (Cruise Critic koozies, t-shirts, etc.).

Laura

Hey, what happened to the prizes??? Did anyone hear about the prizes???

Hey' date=' what happened to the prizes??? Did anyone hear about the prizes???[/quote']

Morning Rob.. I wondered that too..no prizes here and I had a postcard or two... hope all is well with you and Janelle :)

Morning Rob.. I wondered that too..no prizes here and I had a postcard or two... hope all is well with you and Janelle :)

Hey Emmy!!

Janelle's doing well - we're all staying cool here, it did cool off today, only was supposed to get to 107 today!!! How are you guys doing?

I think every day that goes by that we don't get our prizes, we should get an EXTRA prize (or a free cruise), LOL. I'm sure LauraS will remember sooner or later -- but until then 1 FREE CRUISE for everyday she forgets!!! That's my vote!!!

Have not been on these boards in a very long time, as we just got back from our "landlubber" trip to Maui.

I am booked on a future cruise in cabin #1260. After booking I searched the location, always interested in what is located above our heads on the upper deck. Imagine my surprise to find that we are located directly below the new whirlpool. Yikes!! Is this a good thing or bad?

I can't make out from the pics of the ship what that wierd off color thing is on the lower balcony railing.

Could not get any info from calling RCCL, as they were all clueless as to what differences this cabin will have from the others.

Should I move?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

MY FAMILY IS BOOKED ON THE FREEDOM FOR OCTOBER 1ST, 2006 AND I HAVE CABIN #1264, WE ARE ALSO WONDERING ABOUT THE WHIRLPOOL NOISE ABOVE US. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

THE SHIP IS BOOKED SO WE CAN NOT CHANGE.

• 2 months later...

It breaks my heart to say this, but I'm going to have to cancel my cruise.

Don's daughter just got engaged and so he has a wedding to plan for.

My soon-to-be ex has all our funds locked up and would have to a) find someone to come with me and b) find someway to pay for it.

grrr...i'm SO mad!!

mary

Archived