LIVE From 6/4 Freedom of the Seas - Add your thoughts here & WIN PRIZES

• Administrators

Next week – starting Sunday, June 4 – we will be featuring a day-by-day blog by Jane Wooldridge, the Miami Herald Travel Editor, who will be onboard Freedom of the Seas for the maiden voyage. In case you didn't know, too, there are over 132 Cruise Critic members who've registered to attend the M&M on that sailing as well!

We also have asked our members to send back their thoughts as well -- to share with you all!

If you are onboard the 6/4 sailing - POST THEM RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD!

Then check H E R E to see if we've used YOUR thoughts in a Postcard from Freedom of the Seas

We’ll run a couple of postcards each day – and each time we use a contribution you'll get a free prize (Cruise Critic koozies, t-shirts, etc.). (will you be on board???) The good thing about the postcard format, other than it’s a fun, graphical idea, is that there’s limited space – no room or temptation to write that cruise review novella (at least not yet). It’s quick and easy.

We can't wait to hear what you think about Freedom of the Seas -- tell us how long did it take until you wiped out on the Surf Rider? Did your family promenade cabin meet your expectations? How was disembarkation in Grand Cayman? Anybody in the “moo” suite – how much free Ben & Jerry’s ice cream are you consuming? What’s your impression of Cozumel? Who tried the boxing ring and what was it like?

Remember POST BELOW -- share the "real deal" about cruising on Freedom of the Seas!

Laura

HEY! What am I? Chopped liver??? lol I want to hear from you too! :)

You will get a personal review Bud!:D ... hey you caught me on here :) What can I say.. free internet... Chris.. remember to watch the webcam and the sea of Pink on Sunday!

Emmy

You will get a personal review Bud!:D ... hey you caught me on here :) What can I say.. free internet... Chris.. remember to watch the webcam and the sea of Pink on Sunday!

Emmy

I intend to. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm even going to zoom in on the bow as she pulls away. If I remember right, I think you said you'll be there! :) I'll be waving at ya! lol

I intend to. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm even going to zoom in on the bow as she pulls away. If I remember right, I think you said you'll be there! :) I'll be waving at ya! lol

Don't forget to zoom in on the aft..deck 10..Cindy will be there partying up ....so we will have both ends covered:D :D

Later C.. wish you were coming....

Emmy

ahoy emmy and rick~~~~~

wow you guys are making this the most excitiing cruise I have ever expereinced..even if the only view I get is from land:( but in spirit Sheryl and Lisa and I are right there with you every nautical mile of the way! Make me proud with lots of seafood in the buffets Rick..you know how much I like to eat:eek: Emmy, save that special spot you and Rick always seem to find on the aft pool areas..and you will have to use that cruise card excessively extravagant in the shipboard stores to make up for Sheryl and Lisa not being there..lol oh Rick will love that one!! Be sure to find a nice cozy place that Dooney and Burke would like to hang out at..it's gotta be on a balcony..duh:cool: ..with alot of sun exposure, and of course a place where everyone can see them when they leave the ship on tours..:D

have a great time guys..I will look for you on cruise cam, and look forward to reading chapter by chapter the cruise odyssey of the year!!

What webcam do you all use to view this ship in Miami?

Thanks,

Sue

Sue, here is the link -- http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&name=/ecodb/wachovia/camera1&pan=-35.0&tilt=-4.5230365&panfov=5.5&tiltfov=4.125&overlay=default&skin=default&useapplet=true&time=1148589590294&width=640&height=480&quality=65&catalogname=catalog&imagemap.x=-1201&imagemap.y=-901&imagemap.w=3043&imagemap.h=2282

Although we aren't on the Freedom yet, we're on our way -- so right now it's "Live From Dallas/Ft Worth Airport on our way to Freedom" we're sitting here at the airport awaiting our flight to Florida and then to Dinner with other Cruise Critic Members -- this has to be by far the most exciting "Pre-Cruise" adventure I've been involved in!!! I’ve met several other Cruise Critic members on Cruises before, but never this many and never with this much excitement!!! I can't wait to meet everyone from the boards -- sounds like a lot of Cruise Critic members will be in "Pink" while boarding -- should be easy to pick everyone out!! I can just see everyone tomorrow seeing all the pink shirts and "Boa's." Those NOT on here will be wondering what's going on.

I know I would want to hear what is going on, on the ship, so I'll try my best to post here as often as I can -- no promises though, but will try.

To all my fellow Cruise Critic Friends on their way to the ship this weekend, have a very safe journey and I'll see you soon!!

A big pink YEEHAW! While we aren't quite on her yet.....we are at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami on the 10th floor looking out on Freedom! She hasn't left yet for tonight's fundraiser. I can see my balcony! Woohoo! Mr. Ski says I am "too giddy". LOL! Can't wait to get on her tomorrow!

Had the pleasure of meeting Carol (mom2b) and Scott in the Memphis airport! Their original flight was cancelled but they were able to rebook and connect through Mem instead of Atl. I am so excited to meet everyone tonight at dinner and then the surprise of getting to meet them for our flight was too much fun! Woohoo!

Don't forget to zoom in on the aft..deck 10..Cindy will be there partying up ....so we will have both ends covered

Emmy

Em....don't forget Mom and I will be on the aft waving our pink boas at the webcams too! I think we have decks 10, 8, and 7 covered! Poor folks on 9 and 6 don't know what they are in for with us all back there. LOL!

I can't tell y'all how exciting it is for us to live your cruise through this site. I can feel your excitement and it's contagious! I can't ...and I mean can't...wait for you to tell us all about it.

You're the best - I'm rooting for you!!

XO mary

Cruise Critic members are all such nice people!! We just got back from dinner with 28 Cruise Critic Members - it was awesome!!! Everyone was looking great in their Pink - no Boas yet, but I bet they'll be out tomorrow!! We are now "Live from the Radisson overlooking the dock where Freedom will be in the morning."

Planning on getting to the dock around 10:00 - hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

We'll keep you all up to date.

Wow! i cant beleive its only 1 hour till June 4th!.......as ridiculous as it may sound from feb 28, 2005, today seemed decades away........Anyways cant wait to see the parade off *PINK* brightt and early tomorrow! Goodnite Everyone!

Rise and shine ye fellow inaugural cruisers! I couldn't sleep well and have been up since 4am waiting for our limo ride to the Freedom. Just a couple of hours or so until we meet the new girl!

This post is "Live, from a hotel room overlooking Freedom of the Seas," SHE'S HERE, SHE'S HERE!!! I have the perfect room, I can lay in my hotel room bed, look out the window and see Freedom of the Seas, it's just like I'm dreaming!! Early this morning at 4:41 am, I woke up, looked out the window and guess what was pulling into the docks -- Freedom!!! I coundn't believe it. I laid there for about 10 min before going back to sleep!! It was great. Now we are getting ready to head to the dock -- heading over there about 10:30 am, I've heard a lot of Cruise Critic members are heading over early -- we'll see when we get on!!!

Talk to you all soon,

I must echo Rob's sentiments! What a great dinner we had last night meeting so many wonderful folks that I have chatted with over the past 15 months! Mr. Ski woke me up at 4:57 am to show me how beautiful FR is at night. She was just pulling up to the dock (after making the turn) and all I can say is wow! What a great way to start the morning! (Of course, I went back to sleep since we can't get on her yet.) We are in the room now looking at her out the window. Mr. Ski is anxious to grab the cab and head over there. We don't want to get there too early though and have to wait around too long. I think the gang should be loading up in the hummber pretty soon. Again, it was so much fun last night and I can't wait to meet the rest of our phenomenal group!

hi there anyone who is on freedom of the seas i will be watching you from the shore and waving you on if anyone would like to say hi i can give you my phone no and you can call my cell i will be there between 12 pm and 2 cant wait to see this new ship leave and for all of you that aer on her what a great experince you will have enjoy

i will be on the shore looking over at freedom of the seas i will be next to a red car i will be trying to see all of you on the ship i will look for the pink see you guys soon

Hi Steve! Is she as big in person as she appears on the web cam? I seen her in poirt with the Navigator and she was as much bigger to the navigator as the Navigator would have been to a Radiance class ship or smaller. I can't even imagine the size of the upcoming Genesis ship!

Archived