LIVE From 6/4 Freedom of the Seas - Add your thoughts here & WIN PRIZES

Island lady,

I too was booked on deck 10 and figured out the windjammer was over our balcony. I called and changed rooms as I don't want it to be shaded or obstructed in any way. With that spa being somehting new, I doubt anyone will know how it affects your view and or sun exposure.

I am sure if you call them they will switch it. They did ours. We ended up getting a GREAT room on the "hump", which is suppose to be really nice on deck 9.

Good luck !

Sue

Island lady,

I too was booked on deck 10 and figured out the windjammer was over our balcony. I called and changed rooms as I don't want it to be shaded or obstructed in any way. With that spa being somehting new, I doubt anyone will know how it affects your view and or sun exposure.

I am sure if you call them they will switch it. They did ours. We ended up getting a GREAT room on the "hump", which is suppose to be really nice on deck 9.

Good luck !

Sue

I just wanted to say a special thanks to all of you that have posted live this week from the Freedom. It truly has been exciting to follow along with all of you lucky folks cruising on the inaugural. I am looking forward to many more reviews and pictures once everyone returns home. It has really been fun reading all the posts. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and once again thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and excitement with us!! ;)

I just wanted to say a special thanks to all of you that have posted live this week from the Freedom. It truly has been exciting to follow along with all of you lucky folks cruising on the inaugural. I am looking forward to many more reviews and pictures once everyone returns home. It has really been fun reading all the posts. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and once again thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and excitement with us!! ;)

DITTO, Many Thanks!!

Debbie

Hello from the beautiful Freedom of the Seas.. I am procrastinating as I need to go and do that nasty "P' word...PACK..boo hoo but I know that there are a very excited group of cruisers either already in Miami or on their way very soon to have a cruise of a lifetime... have fun June 11 cruisers..

Hi Jane.. It was nice to meet you this morning:p

This sailing has been phenomenal and so satisfying because of the friendships we made on this board and we were able to experience Freedom with...thank you CC for providing the forum to do that...

Dinner was yummy last evening..lobster, shrimp, primerib...

For all of you you have some "Freedom' in your future... prepare to be 'wowed' as RCI can do it... so glad I have one on the books for Freedom Oct 15... hello to my OCt 15 threadmates...

I will leave you with a few lines from the Pink Boa Ladies Ode to Freedom poem...

The memories we collected, the friends we have made,

I'm sure we're all wishing we just could have stayed.

Our week's now flown by, and it's time to return,

To our family and friends, for whom we all yearn

"Happy Cruising to all... and to all, a good night"

Pin Boa Lady Emmy:p

Thanks all for the news from the Freedom. We, who are going in the future loved every moment of it. we hope you enjoy your last full day and night. Rest for a bit when you get home then post your pics, menu's and reviews. Once again thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Hey Emmy,

I knew it would be wonderful. I am enjoying it from here. I'll get there in January and I'll be able to "relive" at all again. (for real for me :>). Thanks for the updates.

Peggy

Peggy, let me be the first to wish you and Tom a Happy Anniversary. I do believe June 14th, correct? :)

Being a 40 something who has never been on a cruise, Reading all of the posts about the Freedom and all of the lucky individuals on the 1st cruise thoughts and opinions...I just want to say: Thank you for taking your time out to let us all of us know how things are....It does make me so very impatient for my 1st Cruise in March.....

....T :cool:

Well....the packing is done. The bags are outside the door. They do have new "express departure" if you can carry your own bags off. This means you don't have to put them out the night before.....you can just walk off the ship with them. But they do not have anyone to help. So with 2 suitcases and 2 golf bags we will stick to the "old procedures".

Dinner last night was lobster night and everyone at our table that wanted two received two.

Service has been fantastic. Even though we never met our head waiter. Again, we didn't need him...but unusual not to have him over "checking" on us. (Of course, we did miss dinner at our table two nights.)

Tonights dinner was ok. Finally got around to the keylime pie! Yummy!

Didn't even start packing until after dinner tonight. Did not get to do everything I wanted to do today. Way too much to do! But that is the fun of it....we'll just have to come back! Mr. Ski did hang on for a few seconds while surfing and did make it up on his knees on the board. He loves the flowrider.

We didn't win bingo though! Darn it! But Barnismom won the first game of the day and it paid something over $700. Way to go Janice! The girl that did win received over $13,000!

Still have not made it to the gym to see the boxing ring. Wouldn't do anything in it anyway but had meant to check it out. Just never got around to it!

Had a group picture tonight of the PBS group up in the Olive or Twist Lounge. What a great, great group of folks. We have become more of a "family" rather than just "chatters" on the board. I will miss each of them. But I didn't say "goodbye" as I think we will probably chat on our thread for awhile. We had such a great cruise and all had different experiences. I know we will want to continue to share our thoughts, experiences, etc!

Farewell show was good. Of course showed the cruise in review video which I had already ordered!

More "goodies" in the room tonight!

Well....better close for now. Have to be up early in the morning to "clear" the stateroom by 8:00 am as usual even though our flight isn't until 4:00.

More next week!

You maiden cruisers be safe going home! Look forward to lots of long reviews and copies of menus, compasses and all the details next week! We only have 2 more weeks until it's our turn! I CAN"T WAIT!

Thank you so much to everyone who has posted info. I leave in 7 days, 3 hours, and 35 minutes!!! I can't wait to get on board and get busy!!!! This is my first cruise and everyone's info has really helped me prepare.

Thanks again!

Dawn

Well, have a nice cruise. I leave in exactly 4 weeks. :eek:

Thank you so much to everyone who has posted info. I leave in 7 days, 3 hours, and 35 minutes!!! I can't wait to get on board and get busy!!!! This is my first cruise and everyone's info has really helped me prepare.

Thanks again!

Dawn

You're first cruise? Wow, you picked a doozy! lol You do realize that once you've cruised, there is NO turning back. You will be hooked for life! :) Not that it's a bad thing mind you. lol Welcome aboard, and enjoy! You are in for a big treat!

Hello... not quite home yet but I am on land now in the hotel Royal Palm on South Beach.. not a nice day raining as Tropical Storm Alberto is in the area..hoping to hop in a cab and go down to one of the restaurants on the tip of South Beach to catch Freedom sailaway...

Disembarkation started quite early...0630 for those with express check out..carry your own bags off.. after that first colour was called at about 6:40 am .. that part was great but our colour tag which was "PINK" was called at 9:40 am and by the time we found our luggage..they use a turnstile and got into the cab it wa 11am.. we spent our time in the Pharoahs Palace as the disembarkation lounge for Platinum and Diamond with other PBS'r friends...

Hi Ski.. yes lucky Janis (Barnismom) won almost enough money for her deposit on her new cruise booking of which many of us did one..

My goodness those poor bar waiters were busy playing photographers for the group picture taking in the Olive & Twist Lounge.. it sure was a fun time there and a great turnout..

Flowrider is quite the hit like Ski said and did see Mr Ski 'hang ten' as well as Abidelmaven's (Barbara's) husband Phil....

I also did not manage to see the boxing ring.. next time and I am thankful to be able to sail on her again in October... promise review and pics..oh the pics..lots of those I took well over 800...yikes..

Emmy

Welcome Home PBS!

It gives me great pleasure to extend my appreciation to all of you for a job well done while assigned to the Freedom of the Seas from 4 June 06 to 11 June 06.

Your tireless efforts and dedication to duty while assigned as an official "Pink Boa Society" representative have been outstanding. Demonstrating a high level of alcohol consumption competency and party professionalism while performing an often difficult and inebriating job, you played a vital role in maintaining the highest traditions and standards of the "Pink Boa Society". Your energy and conscientiousness serves as fine examples for other pink cruisers to emulate. Your hard work has reflected favorably upon all of you and is keeping with the highest traditions of the "Pink Boa Society".

On behalf of myself and others who were not able to attend I extend my sincere appreciation for a job "Well Done". It is with great pride and honor that I hereby award all of you the Official "Pink Medal of Honor!"

Pink Medal of Honor!

P1030002.jpg

Archived