Just back from Western Caribe 6/20-6/27 on the Explorer - any questions?

Does the Explorer rent snorkle equipment? How much do they charge? We are going 10/24 and are very happy to hear you had a great time. Any tips you can give me would be great thanks. Sherri

We did have a great time. It was a fabulous cruise all the way around. I don't think you can rent snorkle equipment on the ship. However, it is available for rent just about anywhere you go. If you take a ship's snorkeling excursion, it comes with the tour. Same thing with any private snorkeling tour you might book (people in our groups did several private tours and equipment was included with all of them). Also, on many of the beaches, you can rent snorkel equipment for the day.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

Be sure to sign up for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle if you haven't already!

~Anne

Donna ~ I've been a BAD girl ... I haven't even sent it in yet. These weeks where I have to get ready for meetings are really busy. I'll try to do it tomorrow. I'll let you know if and when something gets posted.

How many days till you cruise again????

seems like this thread is fading...let's not let it. a couple of questions/comments:

Did anyone ever meet Jen the nurse during our cruise?

Ron, are you out there? What happened with shoretrips?

Anne, you and Andy have a lot of nice cruises planned. I think you're my idol - I want to be like you!

Mark

Mark~no I never met Jen the nurse...wanted to but never had the pleasure.

Anne~ has our picture ever been posted???

Garnetjanet~as far as menu selection in the formal dining room...every night was good. One night was lobster, one night was caribbean (spicey fish, chicken), and let me tell you...the desserts are too die for....for diets!!!!

Donna

only 25 days until I set sail again...only on Windjammer Barefoot Cruise!!!

Well, well, well ! So here's the gang! It was a pleasure meeting all of you on the cruise. We had the time of our lives and can't wait to do it again. I have to say that this cruise was better than I ever imagined. So many people told me that we would be hooked and they were right. Cruising is now in our blood. I'm just afraid that this cruise will be a hard act to follow. Are other cruise lines as good as Royal Caribbean?

For those of you wondering.....Jenny and Nick DO exist. What a lovely couple they are, too. We ran into them a few of times. (Jenny..I hope you eventually read this cause I have a picture of you and Char drinking a nice cold beverage from a baby bottle)...And Nick, there's no shame in your game. Michelle took a picture of you and me in a not-so-tight race! Better luck next time. By the way...nice disco moves on the bus ride back. Michelle was impressed. LOL

Char ~ If you find this page. You guys are the best!

Donna ~ I'm jealous you'll be cruising in less than a month.

Ron ~ forgetaboutit

Mark and Anne ~ great job on starting and maintaining the boards.

Take care all.
Kevin

Hi again everyone. We have been in post cruise depression I guess and havn't been back to the boards for awhile. Gareth has been sick since the Tuesday we got back with fever up to 102 and terrible muscle and joint pain, no other symptoms. We have had blood work drawn and nothing has come back yet. We see an infectious disease doctor next. At first I thought it was a fluke but I'm starting to get concerned that he has picked up some tropical bug. Have you heard of anyone getting sick? Remember we did both the eastern and western side. It will soon be 3 weeks that he has been ill. Just thought I'd ask.

Sorry I've been missing lately. We were in Cleveland on business last week and then off to Maine & New Hampshire for five days of looking at colleges. Great trip but now the scarry stuff begins trying to figure it all out and how to pay for it all.

Lidia ~ we've never gotten sick after returning from a cruise and we haven't known anyone who has. But I do have a good friend who got sick on her honeymoon to Cancun. She picked up a very bad case of bacterial meningitis that took forever to diagnose and months for her to recover. I think it's a really good thing to stay on top of these kinds of things so I'm glad to hear you are already getting things checked out. I hope Gareth is feeling better soon. Please keep us posted and know we'll be thinking about him.

Donna ~ I haven't had a moment to breathe so I haven't even sent anything to Laura to post yet for our photo. I promise to do it this weekend. I will be here all weekend long.

Mark ~ I tend to jump on great cruise deals when our TA makes me aware of them. That way we have a long time to spread out payments and it gives us cruises to look forward to. And it gives us a chance to really get to know great people like all of you we met on this cruise.

Kevin ~ glad someone got to meet Jen. I'm sorry more of us didn't get to meet her. She was a delight on the boards before we sailed.

Time for some sleep. I promise to check in this weekend. Our best to all!

~Anne, Andy & Amanda

Hola Ladies and gents.
I have a question and comment.
I have heard that Explorer does NOT have a Chandelliere in it main dining room is that still same as I also heard that RCCL was going to add it after the many complains.( hope I spelled it correctly, you know what I mean, that giant lamp hangging in the middle of the room)
OK Next.
I THINK Mark O mentioned something about the food in the main Dining room, I agree with his comment up to a point, and yes the menu seem like it was smaller, like the main dish had less, and it did, but the other items that normally would be on that plate were on the last page as extras or additional Items that you could order and thus having less waste of food, as it was before, as many people would not eat all that came on a dish, so now you must read the whole menu carefully and add to you main dish.
Well my family and I are going on Explorer on 8/29/2004 and just can't wait to get on board and I to do some great Scuba diving , did anyone here go scuba in Majahual did they go to Chinchorro Reef or the Blue hole.
ok wish all of the future cruisers a great cruise and I know the feeling for those that just got back , the only cure is to book another as I just did.

MS Voyager of the seas 4/2000, Cozumel
Triumph of Carnival 4/2001 ,Cozumel
MS Adventure of the seas 4/2002, Aruba
Ms Adventure of the seas 8 2003 , Barbados
Ms Adventure of the Seas 4/2004 , Barbados
Ms Explorer of the seas 8/29/2004 , Belize

As far as the tendering goes, it was my first experience ever....but I must say it went very well. Belize and Grand Caymen were both tender ports, but Belize it took 15 minutes to get to the port, whereas , Grand Caymen is only took about 5 minutes. I must say RC handled it very well. We made it to our shore excursions on time.

Donna

We'll be sailing Explorer (for the 3rd time) August 1. How did the tendering go in Belize? We have a 9 a.m. tour with Coral Breeze, that should be 11 a.m. ship time. What time should we get in line for the tender. Are tickets necessary if we're not on the first tender?

Did anyone one do this tour? How was it?

Thanks!
Marcy

Marcys,

What is the exact name of your tour? We did "Best of Belize by Boat" and it was booked through Shore Trips.com. They had to use a boat from Coral Breezes since their own boat broke down. Everything went down hill after that. We were late starting, had to go back for people who got to the pier late, spent less time at the snorkling stops, had no time on Caye Caulker to eat and shop and barely got to the tenders in Belize City on time. They were supposed to drop us off back at the ship but they dropped us back at the pier instead.

To answer your question, we were on the first tender off the Explorer with a start time for our excursion of 8:30 and made it to the pier by 8:00. Check your itinerary on that tour along with the start time with Coral Breezes. Remember it is a private tour not run throught RCL and it is up to you to make it back to the ship before it sails.

Hi fellow Explorer Shipmates - I am back.

Lobster was served on our second formal night on Explorer. You could order the number you wanted. Our waiter also brought an extra dish of additional lobsters for the table. Our waiters were great!

Ron ~ glad to see you "back"

Hope everyone is well.

~Anne

Archived