I Love the Upgrade Fairy!

Gardyloo2

DH and I are going on our first HAL cruise on the Westerdam July 9 to Alaska. Both kids are working at camp this summer. We booked a VH guarantee in early April, and I've really been crossing my fingers. That's because after we booked it I found out on CC that categories VH and VF have the dreaded metal balconies.

After reading some of these threads, we figured our docs would be slow to arrive, and we wouldn't get our cabin assignment until we got to the dock. We're at 3+ weeks away.

On Tuesday, our TA e-mailed us saying the docs have arrived and he's mailing them out. Yea!

Also, I've been trying to get onto the HAL site since yesterday, and they're planning another upgrade tonight. Just a few minutes ago, I was able to sign on, and we have a cabin assignment!!! VB6140! Port side! Glass balcony! Yippee!

On several layouts I've seen, it appears that 6140 is slightly larger than the surrounding cabins, but I'm guessing it's a typo. However my DH excitedly pointed out that we get a whirlpool tub, and I told him there's no crummy plastic furniture on the verandah. :D

Can you tell we're excited??

Hi AZJohn, if you go to "For Booked Guests", and sign in using your booking number and last name, you can find it. Click on the immigration form, and at the top it'll list your cabin assignment.

If you don't have an assignment yet, it'll list you as VH-Guara (or whatever your guarantee category is). Good luck, I hope you get a good one!

We booked a VH guarantee in early April, and I've really been crossing my fingers. That's because after we booked it I found out on CC that categories VH and VF have the dreaded metal balconies.

Also, I've been trying to get onto the HAL site since yesterday, and they're planning another upgrade tonight. Just a few minutes ago, I was able to sign on, and we have a cabin assignment!!! VB6140! Port side! Glass balcony! Yippee!

Can you tell we're excited??

Congrats on you upgrade! We've never been so lucky.

I'm very curious about "the dreaded metal balconies" as compared to "Glass balconies". We're not, so far:( balcony cruisers. Are not all balconies metal? Don't know that I'd feel very safe at sea surrounded only by glass.

That's because after we booked it I found out on CC that categories VH and VF have the dreaded metal balconies.

I did not know about the metal balconies- We have a VF booked for next year on the Zuiderdam (5056)- are they metal and does anyone have a picture??-guess we might have to change that- thanks for the help:eek: :rolleyes:

...snip... Also, I've been trying to get onto the HAL site since yesterday, and they're planning another upgrade tonight. Just a few minutes ago, I was able to sign on, and we have a cabin assignment!!! VB6140! Port side! Glass balcony! Yippee! On several layouts I've seen, it appears that 6140 is slightly larger than the surrounding cabins, but I'm guessing it's a typo. However my DH excitedly pointed out that we get a whirlpool tub, and I told him there's no crummy plastic furniture on the verandah. :D Can you tell we're excited??

Great upgrade! I'm not sure about the size, but I'm pretty certain there's no jacuzzi tub in a VB cabin. The furniture on the veranda is a faux wicker and very comfortable.

Start packing!

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Archived