Misty Fjords Flightseeing Ketchikan

gloriashelton

Gloria,

Thru all my research I have heard only good things about SeaWind Aviation. So I called them for my Alaska trip in September. They were fantastic to deal with and they are going to meet me at the dock to pick me up for this excursion. I voiced that I'd like to see bears and they said, "they would be happy to find me a bear on my flight." You can reach them at SeaWindAviation.com. Ask for Leslie. She is the wife of the pilot Steve. Good luck and have funny in Alaska.

Based upon earlier reviews here (thank you Budget Queen), we booked Island Wings last November for our May cruise. We had a fabulous time flying with Michelle Madson, pilot and owner. We really enjoyed talking with her on the two-way headsets. She landed on a small, very beautiful lake and taxied up to a small dock, where we exited the plane and spent a leisurely 20 or so minutes talking to Michelle and the other passengers and taking photographs.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best tour out of Ketchikan to Misty Fjords?

Just got back from a long weekend in Ketchikan around a month ago, Gloria. Highlight of the trip was a Misty Fjords flight. I used Seawind Aviation and had a blast!

I also posted a short trip report on other things to see and do in Ketchikan here at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=350858. That was my first time in Ketchikan. Neat town!

AKMack

Alaska Sea Plane Tours was great.

I think you probably can't go wrong with anyone there. Tourism is the one of the main sources of income there and they want you to enjoy their home and have a nice time.

Ryan at Alaska Sea Plane tours gave us an awesome flight! We were able to land in the Misty Fjords and explore the area for about 20 minutes (we had to watch the tide). He was excellent at spotting wildlife and tried to get as close as possible to the animals for the best views. Highly recommend! www.alaskaseaplanetours.com

Archived