Pool Water

I know the pool water is salt-water, but what is the temp. Last cruise we did in Dec was on the Coral Princess and the water was freezing, that we didn't swim that much. How is it on the Mariner?

Am I missing something here?????

The water is pumped in from the sea. Therefore the water temperature in the pool will, initially be the same as the sea temperature. If the seas is colder in December then in the summer, then the pool water will be colder in December.

Princess has fresh water pools and the pool water temperature is regulated not only by the daily weather, but also by their thermostats. As has been stated above, RCI has salt water pools and on a hot day they are sooo refreshing as the water is being renewed daily from the ocean.

Alan

Princess has fresh water pools and the pool water temperature is regulated not only by the daily weather, but also by their thermostats. As has been stated above, RCI has salt water pools and on a hot day they are sooo refreshing as the water is being renewed daily from the ocean.

Alan

RCI's new Freedom class ships have all fresh water pools.

Thank you grumm for your non-sarcastic answer.

My pleasure. It should be remembered by all that these boards are for INFORMATION purposes and we should all help each other when we can. I'm happy to see that Freedom Class has fresh water pools as many prefer fresh to salt. For what it's worth, I don't think that the first answer to your query was meant to be sarcastic or offensive....maybe the terminology could have been more appropriately phrased?

Best regards

Alan

Am I missing something here?????

The water is pumped in from the sea. Therefore the water temperature in the pool will, initially be the same as the sea temperature. If the seas is colder in December then in the summer, then the pool water will be colder in December.

Am I missing something here..... I would think that if they are using sea water that the water would first pass through some sort of filtration system before it goes to the pool to make sure it does not contain any sewage or something similar.

Am I missing something here..... I would think that if they are using sea water that the water would first pass through some sort of filtration system before it goes to the pool to make sure it does not contain any sewage or something similar.

Jerry

I believe that it not only undergoes filtration, but a certain amount of desalination as well as having chlorine added.....if it was pumped directly from the sea.....well, can you imagine some of the unsavoury items we would find, especially in port??!!

Alan

Jerry

I believe that it not only undergoes filtration, but a certain amount of desalination as well as having chlorine added.....if it was pumped directly from the sea.....well, can you imagine some of the unsavoury items we would find, especially in port??!!

Alan

Alan, my point exactly. I couldn't believe the comment that the water will be colder in the pool in December because it's pumped in from the sea.

Alan, my point exactly. I couldn't believe the comment that the water will be colder in the pool in December because it's pumped in from the sea.
I would still think the pool would be colder if the ocean water is colder. Even after passing through all the filtration and everything, if you start with 70 degree water as opposed to 85 degree water, it seems like it would be different by the time it gets to the pool.

I would still think the pool would be colder if the ocean water is colder. Even after passing through all the filtration and everything, if you start with 70 degree water as opposed to 85 degree water, it seems like it would be different by the time it gets to the pool.

I remember the captain on the Rhapsody saying "The ocean temperature is 82 degrees and the temperature of the pools is 82 degrees, since we are using ocean water in the pools."

I like the saltwater pools!

Freedom has salt water pools. The flow rider is fresh water. :)

Having spent a week on Freedom, I can assure you, the pools are fresh water. It was a bummer for me, as I really enjoy the saltwater pools.

Tracy

"pbhunt: Freshwater or saltwater pools?

CC: The FlowRider, pools and whirlpools are all freshwater."

You're absolutely right, Tracy. My bad. Weird! I asked the question in Freedom Frenzy, and I received 2 different answers. The correct answer is above, if I had reread it.:D

The pool temperature will match the ocean temperature when the water is first put in. If the air is colder than the water the temperature will slowly decrease, just like on land, and if it is hot and sunny the water will warm up.

What people don't realize that water that is less than about 86 - 88 degress is really cold to swim in unless you are swimming laps. So the pool is going to feel cold most of the time.

The pool temperature will match the ocean temperature when the water is first put in. If the air is colder than the water the temperature will slowly decrease, just like on land, and if it is hot and sunny the water will warm up.

What people don't realize that water that is less than about 86 - 88 degress is really cold to swim in unless you are swimming laps. So the pool is going to feel cold most of the time.

Depends on what you are used to. Anything above 79 is fine with me.

Archived