Navigator- short cruises 2008?

I just saw on RCI website that the Navigator is doing 3-4 night cruises in 2008! I am so sad! I love that ship and it seems like it's being demoted!

Any thoughts?

T

Just noticed that as well,it may have something to do with the Justice of the Seas, my name for the 3rd in the Freedom class, coming on line in 2008, with 3 Freedom class ships, I would imagine the Voyager Class are going to be moved to shorter cruises, just like the Sovereign and the Majesty were. The Navigator dates seem to finish in May 2008, so it is probably going to go back to Southampton for the summer

I just saw on RCI website that the Navigator is doing 3-4 night cruises in 2008! I am so sad! I love that ship and it seems like it's being demoted!

Any thoughts?

T

Navigator is one of my favorite ships- I couldn't believe she was going to Europe and then doing short cruises. It seems like they would have sent Explorer to Europe and then had it do short cruises, since it is the older ship. We'll miss Navigator :( . Now, they better not send away Mariner!

Doing short cruises isn't representative of being demoted nor is the fact it is coming to the UK!..... we have Legend this year for long and short trips and are sending her to Rome next summer but it, I believe, will be back in caribbean for winter. I travel P & O alot and all their ships including Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Artemis and Oceana (formerly ocean Princess) do these short cruises (but also World cruises for people who pay tens of thousands) , and they are meant as practice runs before bigger cruises but also giving the opportunity for first time cruisers to try out their product. I think is is a very shrewed business move!;)

Actually, RCL is seeing huge growth in 4 and 5 day cruises. The success of Enchantment has a lot to do with the decision to deploy Nabigator int his way. I don't see it as a demotion.

I agree. I think it also helps them secure more group business.

i will go on navigator for a short cruise - or a long cruise- am glad there are going to be more options for those short cruises- with a voyager class ship- we will do a 7 day and hopefully a 4-5 day in 08 - very excited about this!!

if you want longer on the navigator, just do a 4 day back to back and have an 8 day..............sounds like a good idea to me.........:)

Archived