7/16 VOS Meet and Mingle

This is our first Voyager class ship as well as our first balcony. Always had an inside cabin and then the past two cruises we had an outside. This balcony (aft) will be a real treat! I have never tried room service, but I am looking forward to an occasional breakfast on the balcony!

We have not booked any excursions yet. Looking at Nativeways in Cayman. Think we will just vist Island Village/Reggae Xplosion/Margaritaville in Ocho Rios. Looks like there is a nice beach there as well. In Freeport I think we will go to Port Lucaya Beach or the Sheraton at Our Lucaya. That is a short day. Labadee is strictly a beach day. I am not very adverturus, and do not want to snorkle off a boat, but prefer to do it from a beach. Any suggestions?

I have a CC hat that I've worn the last couple of cruises. Also printed the door sign, just have to remember to bring it!:)

Printed my sign and will hang it as soon as we get there.

JMathews:

Will look for your group. We had our 20th anniversary cruise last year. They gave us a cake at dinner one night. I don't know if they do that anymore. Tell your wife that there is nothing to be nervous about. It is the best vacation!!!! See you on board.

Robin

We have always had outside staterooms, so this is our balcony room. We are also looking forward to just sitting on our balcony for breakfast or with a drink. I can't think of a better way to relax.

Balcony cabins are the best. We just love having coffee in the morning, drinks in the afternoon and the occasional nap on the balcony. It is so nice to sit on your balcony, sipping a drink and sailing out of port. We have an aft balcony on deck 10 and have been in this cabin before so booked it again. It doesn't get any better than this!!

Hey 7/16 cruisers....One week to go!!!!I will begin packing on Sunday. I officially begin my vacation at 2:00 this afternoon. I don't return to work until 8/18. How great is that??????

We are sailing on the 16th and plan to attend the Meet and Mingle. We have never attended one before. I can only cruise about once a year and so I only look at Cruise Critic once in a while between cruises. Otherwise, I'd be drooling or crying all over my keyboard all of the time. Anyway, "we" are me and my boyfriend (a wierd word to use when you are around 50), my mother who is in her 70's and rooms with my son who is 15 (they've been cabin mates since he was 5). He is a Socom and Star Wars computer game addict so if anyone is bringing a similar teen, I'll make every effort to get him to the meet and mingle. We live in NJ just outside of Philadelphia near both Rte. 73 and 38. This is our 6th RCCL cruise and our 11th total. Not bad for a single mom in the trenches of public education. We are on the 7th floor overlooking the Promenade. We sailed last summer on Explorer and wanted more so a 9 night on Voyager with no air connections is heaven for us. See you all there!!!!

Archived