Soda Card?

Joy2theWorld

I'm just wondering if you purchase the soda card if we can use it for sodas for both of us, or is it valid for just one guest? I'm thinking 20 sodas might be too much for one person, but I guess if they aren't included with dinner it might not be.

Thank you!

The soda card isn't limited as to the user anymore. There's no need to limit it, as the sodas have been paid for.

When it was an unlimited card there was a valid reason to limit use to one person.

The soda card isn't limited as to the user anymore. There's no need to limit it, as the sodas have been paid for.

When it was an unlimited card there was a valid reason to limit use to one person.

Sooooo....how much are these soda cards? Is 20 the only amount you can buy? Hmmm...I read that lemonaid and tea are always offered, so you don't necessarily NEED to buy a soda card, right?

On the price list that I saw, it was like $18.95 for 20. I'm not sure about the lemonade and iced tea... I've read conflicting reports. I'm mostly concerned about sodas with meals since we aren't drinkers and then on at sea days.... It really seems weird to me that sodas aren't even covered with meals. We sailed Disney last year and soda was free the entire cruise...

The unlimited soda deal is a sticker that affixes to your sign-and-sail card. Thus, it is tied to that individual, and is one at a time. The 20-soda package is a reduced price deal and is a card that the steward marks with each soda sold. You could get all 20 at once if you wanted to.

On our last couple of cruises, there wasn't any unlimited soda cards. The only thing available was the $18.95 soda card - 20 sodas. And they gave you a free special insulated coke bottle in which most of the time they filled those rather than give you a can of coke.

It is my understanding that if you do not use all 20 sodas and you cruise frequently on HAL it can be used on other HAL ships. DH plans to buy one on our upcoming 4 day repositioning on the Veendam and I sure he will not go thru 20 sodas so we will then use the remainder on the Zaandam in November. Since that is a 10 day I amsure he will need to buy yet another card but yet again if he does not use it all we can use in on the Oosterdam in March:D

Archived