Ready to book...need opinions/advice, today please

DETAILS:

Looking into 6/17/07(7 nights) catagory N, inside room 2541, with a rate of $2077(all fees/taxes included) on Rhapsody of the Sea

FIRST QUESTION:

We noticed there is a "blank white area" behind this room, plus didnt realize this is the bottom most deck with rooms.I wanted any advice if you have stayed on this deck regarding engine room noises, as I didnt know what was below or behind our cabin?

SECOND ISSUE:

They are holding this cabin for us as well, and RCCL website says there are NO other inside cabins available and so did my TA. Do you think we should take it now, or wait for more to open up?

Any thoughts are appreciated!! :)

If this is the cruise you want, book the room now, and then keep checking to see if any others open up! You really shouldn't hear any noises--the cabins are really quite well insulated! That "blank" area is more than likely crew quarters anyway--not the engines!

I'm sure you'll have a great trip--no matter where you stay!

Are you sure of the date?

Rhapsody of the Seas departing Galveston on 6/17/07 for 7 night(s)

Ports: Cruising Cozumel, Mexico Roatan, Honduras Costa Maya, Mexico Yucatan (progreso), Mexico Cruising Galveston, Texas

Cost for 2 is $1303.92 for 2. No ins or air.

Lots of cabins available.

forgot to say this is for 4 in the cabin, not 2.

2 adults, 2 kids

Are you sure of the date?

Rhapsody of the Seas departing Galveston on 6/17/07 for 7 night(s)

Ports: Cruising Cozumel, Mexico Roatan, Honduras Costa Maya, Mexico Yucatan (progreso), Mexico Cruising Galveston, Texas

Cost for 2 is $1303.92 for 2. No ins or air.

Lots of cabins available.

232271;

The first thing I thought when I read your post was the price sounds outrageous. We got a balcony on the Rhapsody for not much more.

The next thing I thought was, "get up a few decks; even if it costs a little more. The elevators are slow and full and going to the Windjammer will be LOTS of stairs. I'd try to get at least to deck 4 or maybe inside on 7 or 8, if you can.

Recheck you booking and price-- you can do better!

232271;

The first thing I thought when I read your post was the price sounds outrageous. We got a balcony on the Rhapsody for not much more.

The next thing I thought was, "get up a few decks; even if it costs a little more. The elevators are slow and full and going to the Windjammer will be LOTS of stairs. I'd try to get at least to deck 4 or maybe inside on 7 or 8, if you can.

Recheck you booking and price-- you can do better!

We used cruise compete website and this is the LOWEST they showed...the balcony for the four of us would be $3800. I dont know how I could get better...

are you sure for 4 people this is a bad deal?

p.s. I live in Carrollton, Texas

First I hate the bottom deck always felt like steerage...and the walk to the pools and long...I never take elevators. There is noise from what is below you...always check what is surrounding you. The white area is probably crew cleaning area where they store stuff. YOu may hear them in the morning. A good TA can hold a cabin for a week, not 24 hours. In the meantime I would then call RCI directly each day and see if there are other cabins avail without telling them you have one on hold with a TA. Then if one comes open which is better, ask again for a complimentary hold on that. Then have your agent take hold of it if you take it.

We have stayed in cabins from Deck 2 to a suite on the top....sure a suite is nice but there is no need to feel "inferior" for staying on deck 2. Think of all the extra $$ you will have and just be glad to be there!

forgot to say this is for 4 in the cabin, not 2.

2 adults, 2 kids

Oh - you're booking for 4 - - that adds $800 to the price. That explains it.

I looked up your itenerary. My advice would be to go up to the K class of inside. The total is only $100 more and you can get to deck 8. AND the cabin is bigger by a few Sq.Ft.

Believe me..... by Tuesday, you will wish you had spent the $$$. It is WELL worth the extra.

I looked up your itenerary. My advice would be to go up to the K class of inside. The total is only $100 more and you can get to deck 8. AND the cabin is bigger by a few Sq.Ft.

Believe me..... by Tuesday, you will wish you had spent the $$$. It is WELL worth the extra.

Would you feel more movement higher up? and as of this moment they say they have NO K's open...

HEY my TA just emailed and found 4045 open!! For $100 more , should I take it?

Total is 2287. Go for it. Or you can go to the 8th level in 8587

too far back for me....

listen to this, my TA told me this room on deck four

is the same size as the Catagory N, according to RCCL site, it is 151 sq. ft. versus, 135 - 144 sq. ft.

too many decisions...not enough time.

Archived