Free Cocktails?

I know that there is a happy hour in the Concierge Lounge on the ship...does anyone know if they charge for those drinks? I never really thought about it until a friend of mine booked a suite along with us and asked me...

Our last room was a JS which doesn't entitle you to access so I don't know myself. We are booked in a GS for our next cruise.

thanks

T

The cocktail hours are usually 5-8:30 PM. Yes, it gets crowded as Diamond (and D+)members are also entitled to the Concierge Lounge. I've been Diamond on my last 3 cruises and on all 3, a second area had to be opened as well.

As others have said, yes there is cocktail time from 5-8:30. We only went once, and silly us (we didn't know- I swear) just got two drinks and left because of how crowded it was, and because my father had wanted to get his brandy and take it with him when smoking his cigar.

I've heard if you go after main seating has started the crowd lessens a bit, as a few people might be going to dinner.

As others have said, yes there is cocktail time from 5-8:30. We only went once, and silly us (we didn't know- I swear) just got two drinks and left because of how crowded it was, and because my father had wanted to get his brandy and take it with him when smoking his cigar.

I've heard if you go after main seating has started the crowd lessens a bit, as a few people might be going to dinner.

You are correct.......before the main seating the concierge lounge and satellite lounge are very crowded, but after the first seating leaves for dinner..................it's a very quiet and great place for another drink!!

Normally the satellite lounge is the better place for cocktails, as the views are better, and we have always had a bartender mixing drinks rather than the concierge.

Rick

Archived