communications problems with online TAs?

Kroosin

I'm not someone who needs much hand-holding. I've tried to contact my TA with three different questions and all three times it's taken days and several attempts on my part for the company to get back to me and I have not spoken to my rep since the day I booked the tour. Is this unusual? I know we're not supposed to mention individual agencies by name, but I'd like to warn people about this group. Any business who collects over $4000.00 from a customer owes them better service than this:( .

Just because the person is an online T/A doesn’t make him perfect. Before booking you look for any red flags: shabby looking websites, T/A not willing to give references, no history due to a new start-up etc.

That being said, in your case you have already booked. Treat it like any other business transaction;

1. Pick up the phone and speak directly to the T/A.

2. Ask for supervisor or office manager. Even online T/A’s can get fired.

3. You did not say how far off your cruise is, but be aware you have a weapon most new cruisers are unaware of. You can transfer your booking(s) to another T/A or agency. Use this as a last resort since it may cost you some cash in fees.

Anything that doesn't kill you, just hurts a hell of a lot

Sea Princess

Star Princess

Carnival Pride

Diamond Princess

Sapphire Princess

This is why I do not book with just any on line agency. While we do not have to meet with our TA like the old days where to book a cruise you would visit the TA's office we like having a real person to deal with for all of our issues. Almost all of our communications with our TA is via e mail and the phone, but it is good to know that we have one person to deal with on all issues and someone who is responsive and dedicated to their clients. In the end, maybe I pay a few dollars more going this route. Who knows? But, to me it's worth it.

Keith

Thanks for your tips. In answer to the first responder, I did compete for this TA. In all fairness, I got a reponse today without numerous callbacks from my TA. I just had to wait since noon on Thursday for that response. I will know to look very carefully at the TA before I book another vacation.

;)I am an online TA and have been for 26 yrs. I am available to my clients from 7am to 10 pm EST 7 days a week and most of them have my Cell phone also for when I am travelling. I get back to everyone with in 12 hrs even when I am travelling! So there isn't an excuse for bad service.

;)

I have had excellent service from 2 different on-line TAs, 2 different agencies. However, I did call a third agency for a quote and she got back to me that evening to see if I needed it immediately as she was going on a short trip (3 days) I said "no". She would get back to me as soon as she returned. I am still waiting! Booked with another agency 6/11.

i use an on line ta in florida --email only -- and i generally get a response within hours --- even on a sun pm with a 3 hour time difference-- there is price and there is service and sometimes if you are lucky as we are you get both from the same agency

Archived