Bruges Sightseeing Shore Tour

PattyMichael

We are sailing in the Century 9/2. I have planned to take the ships tour in Belgium. Bruges Sightseeing 4 hours 30 min cost $69, it says the guests must be able to walk 1 mile over cobblestones. It's rated strenuous. The tour ends with a 30 min canal boat tour.

Has anyone taken this tour? Is it really strenuous? Or is it just a warning because of the cobblestones? I am over weight, but still strong. I am just a little worried about the word strenuous.

Thanks

Bruges is wonderful - and I don't know if your time there will allow you to get to Gent (or Ghent ? sp! ) but if it is offered - I liked Gent better than Bruges. I spent a week in Brussels and Gent/Bruges were the hi-lites of the week. We took a short horse-drawn buggy ride around Gent - just a little place - and our driver gave us the history of all the buildings. It was wonderful ! BTW - it rains often in Brussels so go prepared.

You can take the shuttle bus to the train station. The train is about 13 euros? return. The boat ride is wonderful but I can't remember the cost 10 euros or so.

Beautiful medieval town well worth the visit again and again.

We took the tour of Brugges and it was one of the best tours we have ever taken. It may have been our tour guide who was beyond excellant. The walking was very comfortable and gentle. We had a couple people on our tour in wheelchair which was not the easiest. When we were returning to the bus we had to climb a gentle set of stairs in a park. We had to help carry the wheel chair as there was no ramp.

I would think you would have no trouble at all.

We went to Europe on a 2 week cruise....Brugge was the only port I did not see and I still regret it to this day! Of all the ports we hit--Brugge was the favorite of everyone on the ship! I did not go because I wear a brace and am not able to walk well. The day after Brugge, I met a woman who was an amputee and she took a cab right up to the beginning of the town--she did the canal boats and loved it! She said the buses can not get close enough so the walk is long--about 20 minutes but a cab can drop you off right in front! Do not miss Brugge!

We took that tour last Sept. while sailing Constellation. The walking is done slowly and the cobblestones are fine to walk on. the canal boat ride was just charming. they give you some time at the end of the tour to be on your own. We were by some outdoor restaurants and sat down there and had a beer and something lite to eat. It was a wonderful day. Left me wanting to go back someday. Pat

Bruges is an excellent place to visit.

It is very easy to take the ship's shuttle to the rail station and you can buy the rail tickets on line so you don't have to stand in line.

The rail journey is about 15 mins and you can either stroll down to the town, go by local bus or take a taxi from Bruges station.

The canal tours leave from various site in the centre of town, cost 5.7 Euros and last about 45 mins.

If anyone is interested in booking the train tickets on line, I can give provide details.

Archived