Post Your Favorite RCI Ship Picture Here!

DJan07

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Still my favorite "RCI" ship out there today...

Tied-up-in-Key-West.jpg

Ps. Please come back to Baltimore.

I whole heartedly agree with wanting it to come back to Baltimore. My parents and nieces sailed on it a few times and raved about it. Unfortunately by the time I was able to cruise out of Baltimore it had changed over to the Grandeur of the Seas. I enjoyed the Grandeur, but my parents still say the Galaxy was even better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guess this is how the Radiance got it's name...

73437246.9zUHVtA2.jpg

Dave

Great picture (as are most of the other photos you post). However, it appears the name is already on the ship, and the paint does not appear to be wet. So I am guessing the ship was named before you took this photo. :)

Great picture (as are most of the other photos you post). However, it appears the name is already on the ship, and the paint does not appear to be wet. So I am guessing the ship was named before you took this photo. :)

The paint was wet...it was raining!

Even later in the day that thing was there... I think it's bolted to the back of the sports dek....:D

Dave

The older RCCL ships are all beautiful with classic ship lines unlike the latest floating refrigerator shapes.

I think the best looking RCCL ships were all of the RCCL ships up until the Voyager of the Seas....Voyager and those ships who were built after her just don't have that same sleek look as the older ships. However, no one will dispute the fact that Voyage and the newer ships have far better accomodation and amenities...guess you have to give something up for that. Of the older ships, I like Nordic Prince, Nordic Empress, Monarch of the Seas and Song of America the best.

As an example on another cruise line, Cunard, you cannot compare the classic beauty of Queen Elizabeth 2 to Queen Mary 2...QE2 wins hands down...she looks like a sleek warship and QM2 looks like a top-heavy floating refrigerator.

• 4 weeks later...

73437246.9zUHVtA2.jpg

Dave

Dave,

This is just stunning. Like you have said, right place and right time. I'm currently viewing all of your pics from your Freedom of the Seas vacation, they're great!! I can only aspire to have your eye for beauty. Too bad you're on the other half of the country, I'd hit you up for private lessons ;) Please continue to post, and we all will continue to enjoy.

I was sailing on a Princess ship at the time, but here is a picture of the Mariner OTS from our balcony:

P_1590C-1.jpg

Which one is the Princess ship?

...........it is the ship the photographer is standing on......:)

Away All Boats......;)

We walked about a mile down the beach in George Town, Grand Cayman to find a point where we could see all seven ships visiting that day. The three RCI ships are the Freedom, Voyager and Radiance in that order.

This is a panorama stitched from seven shots....

original.jpg

The streets were just a bit crowded....

Dave

73437246.9zUHVtA2.jpg

Dave

Dave,

That's a beautiful picture of the Radience and the arched rainbow.

That's the first time I've ever seen a double rainbow too.

I see you'll be back on her soon. Have fun. I'll get to check her out next year. Can't wait.

CJ :) :)

Archived