tables for two on radiance alaska

Hi all, I would really enjoy a table for two on this cruise. What is the best way to get one assigned to us? Is it more likely that there will be available tables for two at the early or late dinner seating? Thanks for any info and advice.

Lablvr

How did you make the reservations? If through a Travel Agent, then ask her/him to make the reservation.

If you booked directly through the line, call reservations and see if it can be done.

I personally hate tables for 2...........I love the opportunity to meet new people.

We did a Mexico cruise in March and had such fun table mates that we did all our excursions together and have visited each other already.

But either way, do it soon as I think these tables go quickly.

Also go and check your table number in the dining room onboard, and if you're not at at two top, then talk the Maitre D and they will sort it out. They do have the ability to 'add' a couple of tables for two (near columns at the bottom of the stairs) on Radiance class ships.

Hi there,

There are very few tables for 2 in the Dining Room. I say hope for the best and if it happens you're laughing; if it doesn't, try not to be too disappointed.

We requested (not booked - it's just not the right word, if you will!) a table for 8 on our recent Explorer cruise, and wound up at a table for 2. We are still baffled, but we enjoyed it. We also would have enjoyed a table for 8. Whatever happens, my advice is to just go with the flow and try to enjoy it. If you really aren't happy, then thankfully there are other dining options.

Have a great time! :)

I can't imagine why anyone would want a table for two....you will be missing one of the most fun parts--getting to know new people, finding out what they did, etc. The large dinner table is one of my favorites.

Most of the tables for two on Radiance are interior and tend to be up against columns or such - we arranged with the Matre'd for a table for eight by one of the really large "port holes" and enjoyed both the company and the scenary!

I have to agree that a table for 2, while I love my hubby, could be had at home for TONS of money less! We enjoy our fellow tablemates! But, like the other posters said, make the request and hope for the best. If they can't give you a two-top, you can always eat alone in your room!

DH and I love tables for two, and always request one for every cruise we've been on for the last 10 years.

Not true that they are all interior, as we have had and seen and sat at " 2's " against the railing overlooking the lower dining room on several ships.

Yes, request it through your TA. Yes, check your table once you get on board. Yes, find out the time and place they are taking dining change requests and show up early. Ask that your table be changed to a " 2 ".

We had our head waiter tell us on the Splendour that they "make" tables for two; fitting them into odd spaces sometimes. We've been seated in some interesting places over the last decade.

They may also give you a table for 4 with no one else at the table. That happened last October on the Brilliance.

They are not a rarity anymore.

Archived