royal caribbean vs. princess ?

zoe girl

I reiterate self-referentially:

The best kind of comparison, which is what the dear OP was seeking, will be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=384375

It's not a recommendation; it's a side-by-side comparison of most of the aspects of a cruise. THAT'S what the OP is asking for.

:D :D :D

If you are looking for a "humble opinion", this ain't the place fer it!

Wow, that post alone would have me seriously considering Princess:)!

I remember the poor waiters having to do the Macarena on the MOS last year.

I imagine though on the radience class ships they do not do that or do they?

I plan to have a good time on CP. Hubby and Meg are looking forward to seeing the old Beatle movie "A Hard's Day's NIght" out by the pool one night.

I seriously doubt Zoegirl is even reading this post as she hasn't responded since the original comment 10 days ago.

I don't know why such a big deal is being made up of what "is" is since travelers are sharing helpful information with each other. So much hostility over something not very important in the grand scheme of things.

So if Nliedel, MerionMom, I and our families made up one typical group, you would know we were from which line? Of course with the odds being 50-50, you might be right but you might just be lucky. :)

Since your clan sails both lines, perhaps you know enough about Princess to confuse me – and you’ve got a 50-50 chance of doing that, right? But come to think of it, I can tell an RCI passenger on a Princess ship – beyond complaining about the way the buffet area is set up. Wearing another cruise line’s logo t-shirts on a Princess ship is just tacky.

I'd disagree with your suggestion for the OP. The fact that she enjoyed her two cruises on RCI doesn't mean that she might not like a Princess cruise even more. Just because one line is a good fit, doesn't mean that another might not be a better fit.

I don’t know – RCI seems to compare favorably by you people who cross over to other lines – why should she take a chance at a cruise line she might not like? If it’s good, why throw money at a chance for something better? Stick with RCI – no angst, no worries, good times.

All I can say is, if you are over 65 then Princess is the place for you. It is ideal for old ladies that like to listen to Yellowbird, do the macarena all day long and want to do ceramics by the pool. My recent cruise on the Crown, pre-list, was one of the most boring cruises I have been on. If you want to have a great time, stick with Royal. Nothing compares with my trip on the NOS.

I am going to disagree. I sailed both RCCL (2) and Princess while in my 30s and much preferred Princess to RCCL.

There is nothing tacky about wearing a t-shirt for RCI on Princess or visa versa. Actually it might start some interesting conversations.

I found RCI and Princess to compare very favorably and believe most people who sail one, unless they are the type of die hard loyalists that could not enjoy themselves unless it was "their line" would like the other.

We aren't talking college football teams here.

Since your clan sails both lines, perhaps you know enough about Princess to confuse me – and you’ve got a 50-50 chance of doing that, right? But come to think of it, I can tell an RCI passenger on a Princess ship – beyond complaining about the way the buffet area is set up. Wearing another cruise line’s logo t-shirts on a Princess ship is just tacky.

I don’t know – RCI seems to compare favorably by you people who cross over to other lines – why should she take a chance at a cruise line she might not like? If it’s good, why throw money at a chance for something better? Stick with RCI – no angst, no worries, good times.

If I were as confident as you that Princess is superior to other lines, I'd encourage people to try it, unless you want to keep it your little secret and not be overrun by the hordes who would book if only they knew.:D Most of us who might have a preference for RCI admit that Princess is a more than reasonable alternative. I believe that the same can be said of most fair and objective Princess fans should they be asked about taking an RCI cruise. If a cruiser with only RCI experiences in the past, tries Princess and finds it a better fit, then I say good for them. I would never claim that RCI is the right line for everyone, and while most who cruise on the line appear satisfied, only if they try other lines can they be sure it is the right one for them.

I'm with Nancy. Wearing another line's T shirts is not, IMO, tacky but can be a great conversation starter. Incidentally on my Sapphire Princess cruise, none of my T shirts bore an RCI logo, but not because I feared that I would offend my fellow passengers, it just happened that way.:)

If I were as confident as you that Princess is superior to other lines, I'd encourage people to try it, unless you want to keep it your little secret and not be overrun by the hordes who would book if only they knew.:D Most of us who might have a preference for RCI admit that Princess is a more than reasonable alternative. I believe that the same can be said of most fair and objective Princess fans should they be asked about taking an RCI cruise. If a cruiser with only RCI experiences in the past, tries Princess and finds it a better fit, then I say good for them. I would never claim that RCI is the right line for everyone, and while most who cruise on the line appear satisfied, only if they try other lines can they be sure it is the right one for them.

I'm with Nancy. Wearing another line's T shirts is not, IMO, tacky but can be a great conversation starter. Incidentally on my Sapphire Princess cruise, none of my T shirts bore an RCI logo, but not because I feared that I would offend my fellow passengers, it just happened that way.:)

I do think that tee shirt thing is tacky-my first Princess cruise and this was before Carnival corp. bought Princess-we had a couple that wore matching Carnival tee shirts every day. (not to dinner though-they dressed nice for dinner) I thought it tacky and poor taste.

You know I bought a tee shirt then because it said "Pacific Princess 1972-2002-farewell season"-normally I do not wear tee-shirts-I just don't find themattractive but maybe I will pull this out and wear it to board our cruise on CP.

Archived