AmericanAirlines Advanced Bag Check-in

I just got off the FOS, and used this at the pier. We got off the ship at 7:15 AM, had our luggage, by 8:00 and was at the AA terminal at the pier. It costs $5 per person. You get your boarding passes, and your luggage is taken and sent straight to the airport. Well worth the money and time. When we arrived at the airport, the line for checking in was wrapped around 3 corridors.

If you have a problem paying for the service - DON"T DO IT. I don't understand why people have to complain about the "Price" of something. This is a free country and nobody is twisting your arm in any way to buy what you don't want to. If you don't like the service just say "No Thank You". It works so wonderfully.

By the way - It is up to the executives to make the decisions on how to pay the employees and how to pay themselves. You have no control over that nor should you. I bet you wish you were able to build a company like that so you too could make those decisions. It sounds like jealousy to me.

"If everything was free - life would be out of control."

Hey NUT,

I wish I could be more like you and never "complain about the price of something". As for your executive/company philosophy, save that for the Enron employees.

We just did this yesterday in Miami. The cost was 5.00 p.p. My husband stayed with the bags until they got tagged, and I took our i.d.s and waited for our boarding passes. It took maybe 10 minutes from start to finish. A.A. was the only airline offering this.

Dr Evil :D

I have wee question..not sure if you will know or not...but hey I gotta ask...we are flying back to UK after our Freedom cruise.....and I am guessing that this Bag Check-In wont be available to International Flights......but as we have a domestic flight first to Raleigh...will we therefore be able to do this Bag check-in at Miami Port ?

Thanks

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Liz,

I do not know the answer to your question but I will try and find out for you.

I'm sure there are many other members on this board who know much more about this subject. We have never used this service since we don't check our bags.

I'll ask around and try to come up with an answer.

Maybe someone else on the board has used this service to check bags to an International destination or knows if it is possible?

Thank you very much for flying our airline.

Dr. Evil :)

If you have a problem paying for the service - DON"T DO IT. I don't understand why people have to complain about the "Price" of something. This is a free country and nobody is twisting your arm in any way to buy what you don't want to. If you don't like the service just say "No Thank You". It works so wonderfully.

By the way - It is up to the executives to make the decisions on how to pay the employees and how to pay themselves. You have no control over that nor should you. I bet you wish you were able to build a company like that so you too could make those decisions. It sounds like jealousy to me.

"If everything was free - life would be out of control."

That was a little rude, doncha' think? :rolleyes:

We just did this a few weeks ago after our 4 day cruise on the Majesty and it was worth every penny of the $5 pp. The only problem I had was I thought it was hard to find out where they were checking in the luggage. We didn't get any info on the ship and I think if we had known where to go, it would have made it a bit easier.

Would use the service again if it were offered? YOU BET! :D

called and talked to them, continental does not offer any service like this. the lady was really rude about me asking if they offered a service that AA does. well, whatever! i got my answer, to bad we're flying cont. if i had know about that service being avalible, it might have swayed me a little more towards them!

That was a little rude, doncha' think? :rolleyes:

Maybe so but complaining about the price of something that SHOULD NOT be free is rude as well. I get so tired of people complaining all the time. I guess they have turned me into a complainer as well because I am complaining abouth them complaining. I understand that this board is for info but can;t it stop there? Why do we feel the need to continue to bitch and complain about things that they have no control over. Sorry if I was rude.

Why do we feel the need to continue to bitch and complain about things that they have no control over.

I don't know, but I sometimes find myself doing it, too!! ;) Especially at tax time, I always complain!!! LOL!!!!! :cool:

Just did the AA check-in thing for $10 at Port of Miami.

Paid the $10 via Seapass card (automatic) -- had filled out a form and dropped it off at Guest Relations.Walked bags outside ourselves and finally, after talking to four officials, found out where AA reps were hiding. Got the bags to them and we could leave.

To save a group of 7 including a 72-year old who can't wander much w/o a bathroom break, where can we find those wily AA Reps? If anyone knows, please feel free to chime in. I'll post this in its own thread because I really am desperate to find out where those reps are at the Port. Thanks much!

To save a group of 7 including a 72-year old who can't wander much w/o a bathroom break, where can we find those wily AA Reps? If anyone knows, please feel free to chime in. I'll post this in its own thread because I really am desperate to find out where those reps are at the Port. Thanks much!

When I used the AA check-in, back when it was FREE :) , I remember walking outside with the luggage as though I was heading for the taxis and turning around and seeing the AA check-in center. I would guess about 50 feet from the exit door to the right.

Since you have to claim your bags and walk them over to AA anyway, I think I read the service charge was only $5 if you paid AA at time of drop off. I think RCCL is charging the extra $5 to print your tickets on board. The AA agent will also print your tickets for walk-up passengers. Is this correct? This is where the $5 vs $10pp confusion comes in, right?

Do you have to tell someone on the ship before you exit that you want to take advantage of this service? Whom do you ask, where and when?

Thanks for all the important info posted here.

If you are talking about the check in service, after you've passed through customs, then no you don't have to tell RCCL about it.

Can anyone answer these questions:

1. Does USAirways offer this service at the Port of Miami?

I've never seen USAir check in at the Port of Miami.

• 3 weeks later...
Will the flight attendant call security if I ask if Dr. Evil is in the cockpit?

:D

We'll be flying AA from DFW to MIA in November...

LL

No they won't. I even have a Dr. Evil sticker on my flight bag. Stop and say hi.

Thanks Dr.Evil ...much appreciated.:D

We love flying AA to the USA...this will be our third time now...6 flights usually each cruise time.....so it is good that we enjoy flying with them eh :D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Liz,

I'm still trying to find an answer. If I find one or can direct you to the right person, I will post here.

Here is a link to AA baggage. It does not appear to answer you specific question about International travel.

http://www.aa.com/content/urls/advanceBagCheck.jhtml?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=aadvancebagcheck

As a last resort, maybe you could ask AA in Great Britain when you depart or check in with the baggage desk at the Port of Miami just before you board the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and flight.

We used the service last week on the NOS. You arrange for everything on the ship, put the charge on your seapass card and receive your boarding passes and baggage claim checks the day before departure. We paid $10 per bag. You pick up your bags at the baggage pick-up area in the morning when you disembark and bring them to the American Airlines check-in.(Actually we tipped a porter to bring them to check-in for us and we hopped in a cab, so I don't know if there are lines at the AA check-in or not.) Our bags went from the port of Miami to Ft.Lauderdale airport. I imagine the $5 cost would be the shorter routes of Miami port to Miami airport and Ft.Lauderdale port to Ft.Lauderdale airport. (I could be wrong on that, someone previously said the $5 cost was if you checked them in with AA yourself versus having the cruise ship do everything in advance.) Remember the $5 or $10 fee covers the $2 per bag the airport now charges, so it is really only an additional $3 or $7. We had 6 people, eight checked bags, so the cost was $80. But since we didn't have all that luggage to haul we took a cab (minivan) to Ft. Lauderdale instead of the Ship shuttle and saved money. Definately worth it for us and didn't have to tip any porter at the airport either. Just make sure you get off the ship early enough to get your luggage to the airport in time. They will give you a color to disembark in time for your flight.

Archived