New bedding update

Anyone out there just back from their cruise that can give us an update on the bedding?

I will be on NOS in another week and would love to know if anyone has just come back from NOS and could report if they had the new bedding. I am sure other people out there would like updates on other ships as well.

So anyone just back from their cruise, please report back to us if you had the new bedding.

Thanks in advance!

According to the threads in the last month or so, the new bedding is anywhere from "very comfy" to "fantastic".

I would accept the schedule as-is if you can't find a thread using the search function that's specific to the NOS and new bedding.

The old bedding is a foam mattress on a platform. Some people (DH and I included) find them very uncomfortable. You can ask for an eggcrate mattress pad, and this makes a world of difference!

The RCCL web site has a description of all the new bedding, in case you want more details.

I asked this question on the other thread, but somehow folks seemed to get off on a different subject and my question was never answered. I'll try again.

How often does bedding get changed? We took Radiance 7/04 and we thought the beds were quite comfortable.

According to the schedule, the Brilliance is scheduled 04/07 and we are taking it to the Med 10/07. I would think that it would be still in great shape by then, but I don't know.

Also we thought the Radiance was just beautiful....If the Brilliance is scheduled for drydock at the same time, I just can't imagine it needing refreshement when it's not very old........

We took Celebrity's Mercury this past March and thought it was a toilet.

I asked this question on the other thread, but somehow folks seemed to get off on a different subject and my question was never answered. I'll try again.

How often does bedding get changed? We took Radiance 7/04 and we thought the beds were quite comfortable.

According to the schedule, the Brilliance is scheduled 04/07 and we are taking it to the Med 10/07. I would think that it would be still in great shape by then, but I don't know.

Also we thought the Radiance was just beautiful....If the Brilliance is scheduled for drydock at the same time, I just can't imagine it needing refreshement when it's not very old........

We took Celebrity's Mercury this past March and thought it was a toilet.

The Brilliance is a fabulous ship. The refurb is probably just to freshen her up.

Your cabin steward will change your sheets as often as you want. I think they change them at least once during a 7 day cruise, but you can have them changed more often. Just ask (and tip).

My guess is every ship in the fleet is having the original as delivered from the shipyard bedding replaced. So that means if you are sleeping on the thin foam mattress it is anywhere from 2 - 17 years old, unless the original wore out and was replaced somewhere along the way.

By the way, does Freedom have the new bedding?

Well whut kind of question is that. ofcourse it has new bedding, its a brand new ship. its not like they just took some old matresses and stuck them in freedom...

Will Liberty have the new bedding or the new, new bedding? :D

My guess is every ship in the fleet is having the original as delivered from the shipyard bedding replaced. So that means if you are sleeping on the thin foam mattress it is anywhere from 2 - 17 years old, unless the original wore out and was replaced somewhere along the way.

By the way, does Freedom have the new bedding?

The new beds and bedding were introduced on the Freedom and is being placed on the rest of the ships in the fleet. I am sure that the older ships have had the original bedding replaced as necessary over the years, but this new bedding is much nicer than what they had before.

Anyone out there just back from their cruise that can give us an update on the bedding?

I will be on NOS in another week and would love to know if anyone has just come back from NOS and could report if they had the new bedding. I am sure other people out there would like updates on other ships as well.

So anyone just back from their cruise, please report back to us if you had the new bedding.

Thanks in advance!

I saw them unpacking the new bedding on the 6/24 sailing. Right now it's hit-or-miss if you'll get it or not.

We are on the Monarch 9/1 and 9/4 so it looks like we have a 50/50 chance on the new comfortable bedding. On our past cruises on the Monarch..........we would not even check out the bed..........just ask the attendent to put on the "egg crate".

Rick

Here is the link to the schedule posted on another thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=383253

Sue

Thanks for the link. If everything goes as planned we should have the new bedding for our next two cruises.:)

I notice that Rhapsody is going into dry dock next Feb. Anyone know what will be done during the dry dock?

Thanks.

I saw them unpacking the new bedding on the 6/24 sailing. Right now it's hit-or-miss if you'll get it or not.

Thank you for your reply. That is what I was looking for. From what the schedule reads, we are sailing the last week NOS is to be completed. We are on deck 9 with a balcony. I am not sure of the order in which they are replacing the bedding? I guess we will have to wait and see. A pleasant surprise if we have the bedding and if not, we will make the best of it.

Thanks again for your reply!

We just got off Navigator yesterday, Wheelchair Suite 7600, the new comforter etc, was in boxes under the bed, and they were unpacking new mattresses on level one. Actually, I didn't feel that the existing bedding was too awful, maybe a little worn, but I've seen worse (mostly at home where we have two large labrador retrievers!). I can tell you for sure that we will never use Miami Airport again, I'd rather fly into Ft Lauderdale or Orlando and drive to the pier!

We just got off Navigator yesterday, Wheelchair Suite 7600, the new comforter etc, was in boxes under the bed, and they were unpacking new mattresses on level one. Actually, I didn't feel that the existing bedding was too awful, maybe a little worn, but I've seen worse (mostly at home where we have two large labrador retrievers!). I can tell you for sure that we will never use Miami Airport again, I'd rather fly into Ft Lauderdale or Orlando and drive to the pier!

Do you have any pictures of your cabin you can post. We will be going on Explorer cabin #1544. We have been searching for pictures of the cabin and nobody can provide. You are the closest we have come, hehehehe. Thank you if you can post!

Could you tell me more about your experiance with Miami Airport. Was it because of one of your party had accessible issues or just poor service over all??

Archived