Suppose Princess had a third list

serene sea

Ho Hum......."what if......" the ship sank, the plane crashed, .......Oh what if I hit the lottery?.......Guess I'll be cruising! :D Point is, who cares, I'm going back out to sea. Y'all can come along if ya want.....

You crack me up, Navy_Chief. What was your final rate in the navy? E-7 or above? It's great reading your posts.

If Princess has another list caused by human error before my scheduled December cruise on the Crown, I will cancel.

You can say whatever you want about "what if lightening strikes" yada yada, but if there is 3 lists on the same line within a year caused by human error then there is a huge problem in the way those humans are trained or the way they run the ships on that line.

Sure accidents happen, ships list and so far I have no problem with our upcoming cruise and in fact was glad to find out it was human error as that is far more easily corrected than software problems.

But.. a third list within the year would be a great big red flag to me and I think I would be a fool to ignore it.

doodlefan

Sure accidents happen, ships list and so far I have no problem with our upcoming cruise and in fact was glad to find out it was human error as that is far more easily corrected than software problems.

But.. a third list within the year would be a great big red flag to me and I think I would be a fool to ignore it.

doodlefan

I tend to agree. If I were cruising with my children and/or other family members, I would feel a strong sense of responsibility as it relates to making wise choices that impact their well being. Three lists would certainly indicate either extremely bad luck (sorry, their problem) or negligence in some area of training or equipment (again, their problem, unless I am overly trusting, which would indicate a problem with my judgement).

I SINCERELY hope Princess proves the skeptics wrong! I was looking to them for my next cruise, and I have absolutely not eliminated them from consideration. We'll just watch and wait.

P.S. does the name "doodlefan" relate to labradoodles or goldendoodles by any chance?

Ok. This will be a fun one to answer. I have a MUCH better chance of surviving a list than surviving a plane crash on the way to the airport. Sure, I might be shark bait once I am in the ocean, but I still have a chance!! :) Princess is not the only offenders of the list...if you dig deep enough...you can find dirt on any cruise line. Also, with the recent Indiana sniper...should everyone in Indiana stay inside their house? When the sniper came through VA a few years back, my friend had a sure fire way to stay safe and still come out of the house...she ran zig zag from the car to inside the store hoping she could dodge a bullett!!!! Point...it was a serious incident and I could have lost my sister, but as with anything you do in life...there are risks. You dont have to go, its your choice, but its really not necessary to discourage the rest of us who want to have a life! Please feel free to go the the other threads and stay off the Princess threads if you are anti-Princess! There I said it. I have been thinking it a long time. No hard feelings, promise!

My answer is yes...I would cruise with Princess.

Second, not to dismiss either incident on its seriousness as ANY incident like this is going to affect those folks onboard and the injured are always in our prayers.

You want to see a list? Here is a list! http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,19911503-663,00.html

You know it's bad when the USCG tells them to abandon ship. Even with a small crew of 23, a broken leg with all that is rather amazing. Of course now there's a bigger problem mainly environmental.

The biggest risk people face is getting to the terminal or airport. Air travel and cruising are statisically very safe. Let's hope both of these (Princess) incidents are isolated. I'd have other technical input regarding the ships themselves but the work I do does not allow me to discuss such things in public.

Cheers,

Norman

Big list .....medium list ......or....little list......needs to be qualified. Would you deserters jump ship if the list was say......5 degrees.......:)

Frankly.......I'd cancel a cruise on a cruise line that had a bad history with Norovirus.......before jumping ship over another list.

If it happened a 3rd time on a grand-class ship, that would probably seal the deal for me on that class of ship (although it would take a really good price anyway). I have a small ship booked next summer so I'll be watching the reviews and reports.

Greed over safety, bring on the lawsuits:rolleyes:

I think cruisin material was just trying to put a fun "spin" on a not so fun subject (accidents at sea).

I think your original question was valid topic. Granted we dont all agree on the answer, but still interesting. Enjoy a cruise, whatever line you choose!

But let's be honest and say that this question is not fair on the Princess boards because it is asked of an already biased crowd. I know I will probably get flamed based on other threads about the incident. .

You are so right. Silly me thought there may possibly be some shrewdness of an opinion without the loyalty interference.

You dont have to go, its your choice, but its really not necessary to discourage the rest of us who want to have a life! Please feel free to go the the other threads and stay off the Princess threads if you are anti-Princess!

You need to take a step back. Are you saying my question is anti-princess? What a asburd comment. Your statement is unnecessary and totally uncalled for.

Short answer - I am now booked on the Grand Princess for a cruise, and the previous incidents are not deterring me from taking advantage of a great vacation.

If we abandoned airlines or automobile manufacturers after problems or disasters, we would be back to horses and buggies. Why do the same for cruise ships?

In answer to the original question......Yes, without a doubt.

The thing is, there are going to have to be 2 more "lists" by the end of the year in order to have a total of 3.

The incident with the Grand Princess was not a list. It was an extremely & poorly executed U-turn that was performed in an effort to get the ship back to port due to a heart attack victim onboard.

As has been pointed out the incidents on the Grand and the Crown are not the same, albeit both caused by human error.

That said, if they started happening all the time? I don't know what that would do to my travel plans.

SERENE SEA:

Now now...isnt that interesting...you only quoted PART of my statements...you left out the part where I said, no hard feelings and later in the thread where I happily said have a great cruise no matter what line and that your post was a good topic and that we may all not agree, but thats ok. Are you with the media? (kidding) Let me also say, it was late and I had 2 threads open and I think that the last part of the statement was meant for a jerk in the other thread (Denial at sea)...not you, so my appologies. I will chalk this up to human error on my part! Again, sorry about that.

I tend to agree. If I were cruising with my children and/or other family members, I would feel a strong sense of responsibility as it relates to making wise choices that impact their well being. Three lists would certainly indicate either extremely bad luck (sorry, their problem) or negligence in some area of training or equipment (again, their problem, unless I am overly trusting, which would indicate a problem with my judgement).

I SINCERELY hope Princess proves the skeptics wrong! I was looking to them for my next cruise, and I have absolutely not eliminated them from consideration. We'll just watch and wait.

P.S. does the name "doodlefan" relate to labradoodles or goldendoodles by any chance?

Hi there

YUP, doodlefan is directly related to my goldendoodle who is pictured in my avatar. I am of course totally biased but he is THE BEST dog ever.:D Can ya tell I love him?

Doodlefan

Archived