Suppose Princess had a third list

serene sea

But what if a meteor hit a ship at the same time lightning struck it whilst a waterspout came across the bow as Jaws was ramming the port side of the vessel and Nellie's Loch Ness cousin was attacking the starbord side?

What if What if What if.

:rolleyes:

Without question – I’d much rather sail on a cruise line that properly handles emergencies than one that has never had one and wouldn’t know what to do with it.

But what if a meteor hit a ship at the same time lightning struck it whilst a waterspout came across the bow as Jaws was ramming the port side of the vessel and Nellie's Loch Ness cousin was attacking the starbord side?

What if What if What if.

Well then, I guess my answer would be

:) :) YES:) :)

Such isolated incidents, I really don't see what the big deal is - I don't mean that the list wasn't a big deal for those aboard (because it is), just that this is not the end of the world for the cruising industry.

Thousands of cars crash daily (human error) yet people still seem to have no problem driving

"what if someone else disappeared from Aruba"....

I'm a bona fide news junkie and have followed the case of Natalee Holloway very intently since Day 1 - even checked in on assorted crime message boards while sailing on the CB in January :D . I believe that "runaway" is the likely scenario. jmho, of course.

As for George Smith: I think he was drunk as a skunk...and, well, you know the rest of that story...;). No foul play, imo. "Man overboard" mostly likely in that saga.

Chris

It is like saying "what if another person disappeared from a RCCL ship" or "what if someone else disappeared from Aruba"....

Life is too short to worry about what ifs...

Thanks Coral, exactly my thoughts. If I worried about "what ifs" I wouldn't get much done in life. I try to tackle obstacles as they appear and deal with them individually.

Mike;)

YES

I'd still sail Princess if a third incident occurred. At least, as someone else already pointed out, they know how to deal with things like this. I love Princess. If you live your life in fear then you don't live at all. If the ship's going to tilt a bit and I get a free cruise... BRING IT ON! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

~J

P.S. I have my next cruise already planned on Princess and can't wait!

What if What if What if.

I read the title of this thread, and was formulating my response in my head as the page opened, but tigers said what I wanted to say.

Way to go, tigers! ;)

. I believe that "runaway" is the likely scenario. jmho, of course.

Pretty hard to run away on or from a tiny island without your passport and when your pic is on the front page of newspapers.

Answer to the OP, 3rd list, 4th list, 10th list ~ I'm sailing.

Well of course! A fellow worker actually said to me "did you see what happened on that ship?" I promptly answered "yes of course and that would be horrible but not devastating" I only mean this in the best of ways as she went on to ask me how many went overboard and are lost? I Tried to tell her, that princess cruise line handled it well and no reports of "lost at sea"

She and her husband were thinking of booking a cruise 2 years ago and again were considering a cruise, so asked my advice.

All I can say at this point is some people get it and some do not! They will probably be doing an all inclusive land vacation. Okay by me!

Going in October this year again!

Such isolated incidents, I really don't see what the big deal is - I don't mean that the list wasn't a big deal for those aboard (because it is), just that this is not the end of the world for the cruising industry.

Thousands of cars crash daily (human error) yet people still seem to have no problem driving

I think that some people would say that it would not be considered isolated incidents if the same cruise line had three lists within a short period of time, all caused by human error.

Sure thousands of cars crash daily, but if one person had three car crashes within a short period of time, he would probably not be driving since his insurance rates would be so high he would not be able to get insurance.

Perhaps a better comparison would be - "would you let your son or daughter be a passenger in a car on a cross-country road trip, driven by someone who caused three accidents in the past six months or year?"

Hey, I just cruised with Princess and love it. But let's be honest and say that this question is not fair on the Princess boards because it is asked of an already biased crowd. I know I will probably get flamed based on other threads about the incident. So be it. And the original question was not whether you would cruise (at all) but if you would cruise with Princess.

Perhaps a better comparison would be - "would you let your son or daughter be a passenger in a car on a cross-country road trip, driven by someone who caused three accidents in the past six months or year?"

Hey, I just cruised with Princess and love it. But let's be honest and say that this question is not fair on the Princess boards because it is asked of an already biased crowd. I know I will probably get flamed based on other threads about the incident. So be it. And the original question was not whether you would cruise (at all) but if you would cruise with Princess.

I don’t agree – that would only be a better comparison if the same people were helming all of Princess’ ships. As for posting the question in a fair place, have you seen the number of Princess bashers who post here?

Of course.

Let me tell you a little story. I worked for a regional airline. One night an very senior and experienced Captain was making a landing at an airport. For some reason this Captain did not hear the go around order from the tower. There was another plane still on the runway after he had been given clearance to land, he heard the second order from the tower, but by that time was almost on the ground and had no choice but to attempt to go around, so he would not slam into the other aircraft on the ground.He pulled up but the tail of the plane hit the runaway. He skidded down the runway. The plane started to catch fire. He managed to skid the plane into the dirt putting the fire out. All passengers got out safely. Now the plane was ruined. You could have walked out where it nearly split in the center. The NTSB ruled Pilot error and ground control error,as they could not for certain state why he did not hear the first order to go around , however at the same time credited this Captains actions with saving the lives of all onboard. He remained with the company and I for one had no problems flying with him. He was a very good Pilot and had unfortunately made an error, and believe, no one beat him up as bad as he did himself. I personally could not stand this pilot. The company stood by the Captain and did not replace him.

What I am saying is sometimes human error is just human error, and from all reports on this board, it seems that the Captain ran back to the bridge really fast.

Archived