Suppose Princess had a third list

serene sea

last year our flight had a mechanical on the way to san Juan it was 3 hrs. late getting in when it got there they still had not fixed it , they had the engine parts all over as we watched right from the window at the gate and we got on this plane, planes crash you die, ships list you live. so the crown had a mechanical it gets fixed we get on the ship.

18th cruise coming up on the crown, in oct. still getting on and looking forward to it:)

Hi there

YUP, doodlefan is directly related to my goldendoodle who is pictured in my avatar. I am of course totally biased but he is THE BEST dog ever.:D Can ya tell I love him?

Doodlefan

Wow, we're picking up our goldendoodle puppy in mid August! I'm thrilled to hear you are happy with him. I'd never heard of them, but my 12 year old was insistent. Ours was born June 27, so we're getting everything ready.

I can't see peoples' avatars. I wonder how I fix that.

Greed over safety, bring on the lawsuits:rolleyes:

Unlike the other folks who are going to sue with the ambulance chaser lawyers, I wouldn't sue if similar circumstances happened like for these folks... near the end of the cruise and then a full refund for that cruise plus a sweet deal off a future cruise... that's what I meant. Not looking for lawsuits or free money... got enough people in the world who do that already! :eek: :D (Although a free cruise is always welcomed! ;) )

I think cruisin material was just trying to put a fun "spin" on a not so fun subject (accidents at sea).

I think your original question was valid topic. Granted we dont all agree on the answer, but still interesting. Enjoy a cruise, whatever line you choose!

Hey M&M Cruisin,

Yes, that was exactly what I was doing! There's so much back and forth over this and I don't live in fear so the more people are afraid to cruise the cheaper it gets for me to cruise and therefore, I go more frequently. If it means I have to live with a list or something else, once in a million cruises then so be it! That's why I say... BRING IT ON! :D :) :eek:

~Jake

Yes, I will continue to cruise on them for all the reason given. Plus, how many times has human error occured on an airliner to crash or not!

Princess does a wonderful job and one of the reason I cruise with them is that I think they are the best trained and truely care about their passengers well being.:)

Wow, we're picking up our goldendoodle puppy in mid August! I'm thrilled to hear you are happy with him. I'd never heard of them, but my 12 year old was insistent. Ours was born June 27, so we're getting everything ready.

I can't see peoples' avatars. I wonder how I fix that.

That's great. I LOVE my goldendoodle. I have some info for you on a great doodle forum to see pics and chat with other goldendoodle and labradoodle owners. It's a great place and lots of fun and VERY helpful too during those first months of training. It's www.thedoodlezoo.com

Check it out.

As for not being able to see avatar and stuff, I had that problem before and got it fixed. If I remember correctly you go to "User CP" up on the left hand side on the blue bar. Click on it and then on the left it gives you a list, click on "Edit Options". Now in there you have to scroll down a bit to see the box titled "Thread display options" in there I have all 3 check marked "show signatures, show avatars and show images. I think you just have to make sure all 3 of those are checked and you will be able to see all those things. I hope this works for you, please let me know. If not we can ask one of the mods to help you out. But I'm pretty sure that's all I did and it worked.

Also Good luck with your goldendoodle, I hope you love him as much as I love mine. Mine is almost 4 yrs old now and so great and healthy as a horse and just so beautiful too. He's my furry kid:D

Doodlefan

My daughter and friends are on the Star Princess right now and I am not worried, accidents happen in life and you can't stop living because of it. I don't have a cruise booked for DH and myself at the moment because of a surgery I just had , but as soon as I am healed , then I am booking another cruise.

Cori

I don’t agree – that would only be a better comparison if the same people were helming all of Princess’ ships. As for posting the question in a fair place, have you seen the number of Princess bashers who post here?

Re: comparing multiple Princess lists to car crashes. Well, my comparison was certainly better than PrincessCrewGirl who compared the lists to thousands of car crashes per year not deterring people from driving....

And btw, doesn't a name like PrincessCrewGirl sound pretty biased to begin with?:D :D

And btw, doesn't a name like PrincessCrewGirl sound pretty biased to begin with?:D :D

Actually I thought her comments were an excellent addition to the discussion – she obviously has “inside” knowledge about the operation of Princess ships…much better than the speculation that most of us here post.

I can not say yes or no....I would have to really think about it...weigh the risks....I would probably end up going but not with the same carefree trust that I have had in the past. everything has its risks....obviously..but there is a problem, if the same mistake (human error) happens more than once....especially in a close time frame....

With one incident, until the NTSB investigators determine what happened, who knows. If a software error, Princess can re-program. If a hardware error than Princess would have to bring the ships in to drydock to fix the problem. If it starts to happen on a regular basis then the Princess loyalists will not make the decision, the Coast Guard will.

And a drunken honeymooner locked out of his cabin on the balcony by his furious drunken bride, who then tries to climb the railing at 4 in the morning to the next cabin is a defective human being, not a defective ship.

We live in the NY suburbs and are intrigued by the Crown sailing out of Brooklyn (no air) and are considering the ship but will wait to book the trip until the NTSB gives a report.

Archived