Galaxy CC cabin 1200...any reviews????

stoneybeach1

We are on the Galaxy 10/6 and have booked cabin 1200 WAYYYYY back in June of last year because it appears to have a balcony thats 3 times bigger than the average balcony room... has anyone had this cabin???

Any plusses, minuses??

Hi,

You will love the cabin.Although it is the same size as the other balcony cabins, the deck is at least twice as large as it will fit two lounge chairs. a small table and at least one other chair on it.Alos because most of the cabins are sky suites on this deck, we did seem to get extra snacks and great attention from our cabin attendant. It was very convenient to go to the pool and also to go to Aqua Spa. The only negatives, is that if you take the stairs you might not gain any weight on this trip! Just kidding. If you prone to motion sickness, you will feel motion a little more for being on the top cabin deck.We've booked this cabin again for our June 2007 cruise. There is nothing like sitting on the balcony and watching the scenery and great sunsets at the end of the day. Have a wonderful cruise.

k.k.

Hi,

You will love the cabin.Although it is the same size as the other balcony cabins, the deck is at least twice as large as it will fit two lounge chairs. a small table and at least one other chair on it.Alos because most of the cabins are sky suites on this deck, we did seem to get extra snacks and great attention from our cabin attendant. It was very convenient to go to the pool and also to go to Aqua Spa. The only negatives, is that if you take the stairs you might not gain any weight on this trip! Just kidding. If you prone to motion sickness, you will feel motion a little more for being on the top cabin deck.We've booked this cabin again for our June 2007 cruise. There is nothing like sitting on the balcony and watching the scenery and great sunsets at the end of the day. Have a wonderful cruise.

k.k.

Agree with KK, the balcony is huge and in addition it is a quick trip down to the buffet. Also, very convienent to the main restaurant. Just walk to the aft and take the elevator right down. Great room.

We are on the Galaxy 10/6 and have booked cabin 1200 WAYYYYY back in June of last year because it appears to have a balcony thats 3 times bigger than the average balcony room... has anyone had this cabin???

Any plusses, minuses??

Although I was on Mercury not Galaxy, the cabin and balcony are the same size and there are some photos in this link http://community.webshots.com/album/518958121nXSVXi (mostly page 2) to give you an idea. Yes, the balcony is a very good size.

Great cabin location and no minuses in my book. Enjoy.:)

Phil

We had 1201 which is the same cabin on the Port side. We enjoyed being in that location since it was convenient to everything. The only drawback that I found with the balcony, was that sometimes there was soot from the stack on the chairs and railing. A quick wipe with a towel took care of that! I guess it depends on which way the wind is blowing as to whether you would get the soot.

We had 1201 which is the same cabin on the Port side. We enjoyed being in that location since it was convenient to everything. The only drawback that I found with the balcony, was that sometimes there was soot from the stack on the chairs and railing. A quick wipe with a towel took care of that! I guess it depends on which way the wind is blowing as to whether you would get the soot.

Char, I didn't actually notice too much soot. There were a few flakes, but I think 1200 is forward enough of the funnel as to not be so affected as those cabins a bit further back. As you say though, it's all to do with the wind direction. Perhaps the captain reversed a few too many times;) Stoneybeach1, as a precaution I wouldn't leave anything out on the balcony overnight, just in case.

Have a great cruise. I've been on Galaxy twice and loved the ship. The crew were the best. Always happy and smiling. Have a great trip:)

Phil

Char, I didn't actually notice too much soot. There were a few flakes, but I think 1200 is forward enough of the funnel as to not be so affected as those cabins a bit further back. As you say though, it's all to do with the wind direction. Perhaps the captain reversed a few too many times;) Stoneybeach1, as a precaution I wouldn't leave anything out on the balcony overnight, just in case.

Have a great cruise. I've been on Galaxy twice and loved the ship. The crew were the best. Always happy and smiling. Have a great trip:)

Phil

Actually 1200 is the same lattitude as 1201 :D Just straight across the hallway. It had to have been the wind direction. We were on her for 24 days and had varying amounts of the soot almost every day. Garry & Bob were in a SS on the starboard side--and Phil & Marti were just down the hall from us on the port side. I wonder if they had any soot?

We were also in 1201 on the Galaxy last month in the Med and had soot issues whenever we were docked in a port. We found out about it after the third day when my wife stood up and had black soot on her shorts. Then we noticed some flakes raining down from the stacks. Never had problems when we were at sea. And like Char said, one wipe of a towel took care of the problem. Those verandahs on deck 12 were the best!!!

Dan

Actually 1200 is the same lattitude as 1201 :D

I realise that, but I just didn't seem to notice much soot. As we've said, wind direction when the ship is stationery, I guess. What I was pointing out was that I've heard more reports of soot, even when the ship is under sail from those cabins further aft.

Phil

Char,

We were in 1212 about half way back. I remember a very little bit of soot, but I don't remember that we ever had enough to have to wipe down the chairs, just enough to see. Maybe the cabin attendant wiped off the furniture.

We had 1201 on our first Galaxy cruise before the days of CC. It was great.

Archived