Celebrity Cruisers are nothing but SNOBS!!!

Danno

An interesting seris of comments
In my view the message is simple

We are a collective of like-minded individuals who enjoy partying with the rest but know how to behave in a given situation.

Good manners cost nothing
A smile and a kind word goes a long way
Holding a door, helping one another,dress and behave according to the circumstances and be ever mindful of the needs of others.

It is easy sometimes to mistake fun and frivolity for poor behaviour especially as the guidelines are often personal ones but there is a core of acceptability that is common to all and these cruises allow for fun, laughter, dance and song as long as it is in the true spirit of the holiday.

Well done
A good post - it certainly stirred things up!!
Happy Cruising

Gail,

Well heck how do I respond to that!!! Except...................well spoken. Darn you took all the fun out of this post now!!! :) Now I may have to go do the yardwork!!! :confused:

Biil

Count us in as Celebrity Snobs. We enjoy being around others who have the same standards as we do. Don't need to see the "hairy chest contest" or know where to buy illegal drugs in ports. We enjoy dressing for dinner.

Celebrity cruisers are the friendliest folks and from all walks of life. And they know good manners and how to have a good time without having to be carried back to their cabins after cocktails.

What an interesting series of comments
It is so simple really

We are a collective of like minded individuals who like to party but know where the boundaries of acceptability are.

Good manners cost nothing
A smile and a kind word are worth their weight in gold. Hold open a door, help each other.

Don't mistake good fun and frivolity for poor behaviour, don't forget some people think that noise and fun are in poor tase, these are the stuffy ones not the snobs. Don't mistake one for the other.

I am a self confessed cruise snob who likes to dance, sing, laugh and party but all in the best possible taste!!

Happy Cruising

[font=Arial Black][size=4]X[size=2][font=Arial]tremely[/font] [/size][size=4]S[/size][font=Arial][size=2]pecial & [font=Arial Black][size=4]N[/size][/font]ice [font=Arial Black][size=4]O[/size][/font]rganization of [font=Arial Black][size=4]B[/size][/font]ig [font=Arial Black][size=4]S[/size][/font]nots...or [font=Arial Black][size=4]X-SNOBS [font=Arial][size=2]for short:D . [/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]I think it may need work...any suggestions??[/font]

Sorry folks
I thought my message had not been posted so I did another one for good measure. Anyway I made my point.

By the way I may not always be a goody two shoes but I sincerely hope that I never offend anyone.

My last post spoke of the stuffy ones as opposed to the snobs. These are very different sorts of people. What I am trying to say is that you don't have to be stuffy to be a snob.

[quote name='Danno'][font=Arial Black][size=4]X[size=2][font=Arial]tremely[/font] [/size][size=4]S[/size][font=Arial][size=2]pecial & [font=Arial Black][size=4]N[/size][/font]ice [font=Arial Black][size=4]O[/size][/font]rganization of [font=Arial Black][size=4]B[/size][/font]ig [font=Arial Black][size=4]S[/size][/font]nots...or [font=Arial Black][size=4]X-SNOBS [font=Arial][size=2]for short:D . [/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=Arial]I think it may need work...any suggestions??[/font][/QUOTE]
[size=2][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Jeff Foxworthy once said, "a Red-Neck was someone with a glorious lack of sophistication". Therefore it seems to me that an X-SNOBS member should have a glorious abundance of sophistication. To that end, I offer this suggestion…:cool: [/color][/font]

[font=Arial Black][color=green]e[b]X[/b]traordinarily [b]S[/b]ophisticated [b]N[/b]ation [b]O[/b]f [b]B[/b]enign [b]S[/b]ailors[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]or[/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=green]e[b]X[/b]traordinarily [b]S[/b]ophisticated [b]N[/b]ation [b]O[/b]f [b]B[/b]ig [b]S[/b]penders[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]or[/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=#008000]e[b]X[/b]traordinarily [b]S[/b]ophisticated, [b]N[/b]ever [b]O[/b]ver [b]B[/b]earing [b]S[/b]hipmates[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]or we could just stick with Danno’s suggestion.;) [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]My DW & I would consider ourselves proud members of the [b]X-SNOBS[/b] club…except for that whole Grocho Marx thing. :D [/color][/font]
[/size]

Jeez Jack...I hope that's a picture of your dog!! If not, sorry...I'm sure you are much more handsome in person:D . To be honest I don't see why we can't have several "roots" for our name...I [b]really[/b] like your third offering!!

[quote name='Jack Griffin'][size=2]
[font=Arial Black][color=#008000]e[b]X[/b]traordinarily [b]S[/b]ophisticated, [b]N[/b]ever [b]O[/b]ver [b]B[/b]earing [b]S[/b]hipmates[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue] [/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]
TWOFORTWO has spoken (our Chef de Mission) and we now have a name!! As the founder of this group, and in my final act before I defer to Tuggers, I pronounce us all [b]XSNOBS...[/b]long live our quiet, unobtrusive, organization!!

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]Hi Brigitte:) ....I live in the south too....and I also have a large amount of Northern Background in my family...mixed up there;) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff]Anyway...the term "Bubba" can have many connotations (sp) to many different people. To various folks, it is a very "redneck term"...please people, no slamming me...I am just giving my thoughts on the term.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff]Anyway Brigitte.....some people can take it as offensive while others see it as "a regular joe".[/color][/size][/font]

i will be sailing on celebrity for the first time in 15 years in spite of you snobs. while i admit carnival is a little hard to take, i love free-style norwegian cruising and the middle-class clientele it attracts. haven't cruised on celebri since a much more humble time in its history. hope i have half as good a time on celebrity as on those comon cruise lines.

you think this shtik is funny, but it is really pretty offensive.

Archived