Celebrity Cruisers are nothing but SNOBS!!!

Danno

Hi everyone. I've been out of town and it looks like I've missed a fun "posting" day. Can I please join your club? I also was raised in the South and was taught to be kind and considerate of others, to remember that if you have nothing nice to say, to hold your tongue, and to have ready a smile, please, and thank you. I will try to uphold the traditions of this new-founded club.:D

Garry

I know Lois, except that in Dannos' post it was so obviously not intended to be a slur. I don't know why we get so defensive in these post's sometimes. I'm from Los Angeles and am one of Jeff Foxworthys biggist fans. Of course I'm also a big Rod Stewart fan. There is no accounting for taste. :D

[QUOTE]"I'm a bubba and proud of it" so why should anyone be offended by the term Bubba? [/QUOTE]

How would this be for our "secret" phrase? No one will ever know about it and we can feel like even bigger [B]X-SNOBS[/B] :D

How about, Groucho Marx as our hero. He was mentioned earlier, I think he is right! :D

[b][color=blue]I think the original post on this thread is very funny, and at the same time humorously conveys the message that there is a difference between being a snob and having standards. In my opinion, everyone is entitled to establish their own criteria for acceptable behavior. That does not make a person a snob.[/color][/b]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Since my momma brought me up to be mindful of others and to follow the rules, please sir, may I join your club? Being from the south has it's advantages--we were taught to say please and thank you, and yes sir and no sir. When I was a girl (too many years ago for a gentlewoman to discuss) we always dressed up to go "to town" (Atlanta) including gloves and a hat, so dressing for dinner is a given! :D[/COLOR][/FONT]

Could we have a sepereate area for people who have never cruised? I mean, I know this is a great place to get info and that's all well and good. What get's me is when they start telling us how wrong we are about things and they've never set foot on a cruise ship! Then they wax on and on about the traditions of cruising and how they DO NOT intend to follow ANYONES rules because it's their vacation!! Puleeessse! (Sorry, I'm getting off soapbox now) :rolleyes:

[quote name='tuggers']Could we have a sepereate area for people who have never cruised? I mean, I know this is a great place to get info and that's all well and good. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Tuggers, I had meant to quote your next sentence also. Sorry.

They'd be pretty hard pressed for good advice. :D If you do that, I think they would be better off on their own cruise also. :D

:p [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#00bfff]I've sailed Celebrity twice and loved it. I'm not a snob and didn't meet any. However, if you're looking for a beer swilling, nascar t-shirt wearing, hairy chest contest attending, etc. kind of crowd, stick with the low-budget lines. (Which will remain nameless of course).;) [/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#00bfff][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#00bfff]Happy sailing!![/color][/size][/font][/b]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]That's what I get for not reading any of the posts before I posted. My bad, I actually thought Danno was serious from the heading. LOL![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]Happy Sailing!!![/color][/size][/font]

:) [font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=blue]Romy..hiya......I knew I liked you:D we are the only 2 gals on the "Jeff--grey/black tux thread" who told him to wear the grey;) .[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=#0000ff]Personally, I think that grey would look wonderful against his skin tone and besides, I agree with you......its nice to be different sometimes!!![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]Hey Lois, how are you? I thought it would look great with his skintone too! What can we say? Great minds think alike!!![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]I'm waiting to hear whay he decides.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Take care Lois;) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Happy Sailing!![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Romy[/color][/size][/font]

:D [font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkorchid]Romy......XSNOBS with fashion sense too.......here is a ^5 for you:) [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkorchid]Back attcha Baby!!!!! I sure wish you were going to be on my next cruise, you sound like a lot of fun!!!:D [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Happy Sailing[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Romy[/color][/size][/font]

:) [font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff]Thanks for the compliment!.......I am sailing in 75 days...you are ahead of me.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff]And to be honest, I haven't had any inkling to try another cruiseline...I see your signature says "Dream" is that NCL?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff]Call me loyal;) I love Celebrity:) [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=seagreen]You're welcome Lois. I love Celebrity too, been on the Century twice, last time 9/11:( . [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkgreen][b]This (damn it, I keep screwing up my font) time we're guests of my monster, I mean mother-in-law. (bless her heart);) ![/b][/color][/size][/font]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#006400][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#006400]I've heard my share of less than pleasant things about NCL but I don't think we can beat the itinerary. It's to the Scandanavian capitals for 12 days.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#006400]Our next one will be Celebrity again![/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#006400]Happy Sailing!!![/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#006400]Romy[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[quote name='romy']:p [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#00bfff]I've sailed Celebrity twice and loved it. I'm not a snob and didn't meet any. However, if you're looking for a beer swilling, nascar t-shirt wearing, hairy chest contest attending, etc. kind of crowd, stick with the low-budget lines. (Which will remain nameless of course).;) [/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#00bfff][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#00bfff]Happy sailing!![/color][/size][/font][/b][/QUOTE]

Dave and I consider ourselves XSNOB material, but he has a hair chest and back. In fact, he won the Hairiest Backed Man contest in San Antonio a couple of years ago. Actually on a cruise with rough seas, its wonderful to have a hairy man, its something to hold on to ..........

Elaine :o

Hi To All,
DW and I are both mainly lower European, read Slovak and Ukranian.
Both of us have worked since age 16.
Roman Catholic and Ukranian Catholic.
Two grown kids and three grandchildren.
MBA and BSME for husband (first in family to go to college)
2 Years College for wife (second in family to go to college)
The only silver in the house is on a picture of the Lone Ranger.
One is 66 and the other is 65. We always make sure our SSI checks are deposited each month.
Two cruises, both Celebrity.
YEP, count us in as snobs.

Oh, Oh, I just read the first post in this mult-page chain after posting the above reply. Reading the first post only after posting a reply violates every rule of debate, good citizenship, and common sense. I am sorry. Based on Danno's original criteria, I still want to be counted in as a snob.

Posts about snobs must always be at the top of the page so as to grab the attention of people who are coming onto the board to see if they want to cruise X. They need to know the facts right from the 'get go'!

[QUOTE]you think this [B]shtik[/B] is funny, but it is really pretty offensive.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]And what did you say I was the Grand Snob? I can be the official 'Bumper'! Does that come with a baseball bat for 'bumping' walkie talkies and cell phones while onboard X ships? [/QUOTE]

How about The BUMBER SHTIKER? :rolleyes:

Archived