How do I get the cabin I booked?

artone

This is not the best picture I have seen as the ship isn't completed, but it should give you an idea of the aft cabins on the various decks. Looking at the aft, directly above the name is the open area of the Promenade deck. Directly above it is the Emerald and then above that the Dolphin and above that the Caribe. Hope it helps. ;)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/91570923/91571788QEVkNt

Here is a good side view when she is finished :)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/145352599/145358972zLMZmp

sunnyv --That's a great photo - I can place E735 - which I am waiting for my TA to switch me too as we "speak" - Since the cruise April 23 2005 will be a crossing and probably bad weather - I wanted the fully covered Balcony...maybe we can "bundle" up and watch the icebergs in the Aleutians... --Ha!!Thanks - Renee

Artone, When you are ready to book another cruise after this one, please either stay with us now, or come back later. We have so much info here for everyone. We can answer almost any question, give you ideas for a new ta, and by the time you cruise you will be a pro. I hope this cruise turns out to be super for you, and hope you can hang around with us. ANY questions you have, just throw them out. We are more than happy to help you.!! :)

Not all cruiselines provide Wheelchairs. It would be best for you to get with your Travel Agent and insure that Princess does provide them. Royal Caribbean often requires passengers to rent them from a local medical supply company and it will be in the cabin at Embarkation. Often the few wheelchairs on board are only for passengers who become injured while traveling or to get passengers from point A to point B.

What I have experienced with the Category AE mini-suites is they are often used for Promotional rates with Princess as GTY only. There are only 2 on the Diamond and Sapphire, and yet I know that they sold at least 18 of them on several of the sailings. When an upgrade Fax is sent from Princess the Agent is given 48 hrs. to decline it.

I hope that this helps

smiles Patty

SUNNYV -

Can't believe the cruise receipt came through as #C735 (instead of #E735) :(

- Contacted my TA and asked her to correct....

since she had to change the Cabin anyway - I asked her to change me to #D741 (same cabin but on Dolphin Deck) -

I noticed that Emerald Deck Aft was just above Club Fusion - might be noisy late at night? :confused: -

We usually are "early to bed" ...I hope #D741 is still available when my TA calls Princess in the morning. (Tuesday) -:eek:

Nothing I do is EASY !!! LOL!!! Renee:)

Don't dwell on these "misunderstandings". I can't see anyone's cruise being ruined because you didn't get the cabin you wanted. Disappointed, sure. But unless they require that you mop all the floors and cook your own meals, remember...it's still a cruise!

who ever you booked with shouldn't get another dime of your money, there are so many good TA's out there.

Cruise Vacation Center in New York....I think they just wanted someone else to have E731...When I spoke with them about getting my cabin back the t.a. made up some story about a phone call to his boss, Roy. A call that never took place. He also told me I would lose my $700 deposit if i cancelled. Something I cant afford to do. The whole thing reeks of a conspiricy between my t.a and princess to get someone they know cabin E731.

Ill go on the cruise....It will be interesing to see Alaska from a new p.o.v.

But thats it for me and cruise ship vactions.....out.

To be honest, I don't think it's a conspiracy but rather a miscommunication between your TA and Princess and your TA is trying to cover it up.

Please go and have a great time, and keep a very close watch on your TA for any future travel.

I assumed the TA has to call you up and see if you want the upgrade. I'm a newbie, so I don't know one way or another. I suppose if they had to track everyone down, upgrades would take too long.

She is not 'wheelchair bound'...just needs one to get around without too much pain. We requested a wheelchair for the cruise....

When I registered at princess.com.....I got a 'no wheelchairs available' error message. Hopefully that meant they already had one for us.

I just wanted to let you know something. Princess only has a limited number of wheelchairs available to passengers. If you got the message that no wheelchairs are available, then you need to confirm with Princess that they are reserving one for you. If your travel agent did not request one, it is very possible that you will not be guaranteed the use of one. I know this because I am a travel agent.

[quote name='seagulls']If you book a specific cabin, that should be the one that you end up with. If Princess wants to offer an upgrade they should give you the option of either accepting or declining it.[/QUOTE][color=black]My understanding is that if your TA doesn't mark you for "no upgrades," Princess can upgrade you. Princess supposedly faxes TAs with upgrade offers for specific passengers. TAs sometimes say they did not receive a fax. Sometimes they're telling the truth. Other times, they probably overlooked one or were too busy to try to contact you. That's why a [b]good[/b] TA is worth it.[/color]

On our last cruise we were upgraded, and ended up very happy with the upgrade, but weren't sure about it when it happened. Our TA said he did not even know about it, when I asked after seeing it on the Personalizer. We had booked a specific cabin. We did not book with that TA again. He kept telling me that I had to check with Princess, and Princess kept telling me that they could only deal with the TA. It was a real pain. This cruise I booked with Princess direct, and because of leg problems, I cannot use a bathtub.........can't climb over the edge of it. We booked a balcony cabin and asked for an upgrade to a full suite only, because they have tubs AND showers. We booked a particular cabin, and are happy with the cabin we booked. The booking agent I spoke to said that that note would be sufficient for our needs. The LAST reservation agent I spoke to insisted that Princess did not have to give me an option on accepting an upgrade and told me that I should fax a letter to "pre cruise customer assistance" to explain my situation, which I did. I did not have a reply, so I am "assuming" that all is well............................but the reason I am writing today is that the Princess Agent told me that Princess would NOT ask me whether or not we wanted the upgrade, and might up us to a mini...........which is lovely, but doesn't work for me. I always had thought that we would have the option, but evidently not. Is this a new Princess situation?

I selected a specific cabin on my first cruise with Princess 5 years ago and was upgraded without notice. I was very upset because I didn't like the location of the new cabin. It was same size, different location. Supposedly my travel agent didn't know about it, the original cabin was gone when he called Princess but I was able to select a different cabin then the one they assigned.

[quote name='DesrtDrmr']On our last cruise we were upgraded, and ended up very happy with the upgrade, but weren't sure about it when it happened. Our TA said he did not even know about it, when I asked after seeing it on the Personalizer. We had booked a specific cabin. We did not book with that TA again. He kept telling me that I had to check with Princess, and Princess kept telling me that they could only deal with the TA. It was a real pain. This cruise I booked with Princess direct, and because of leg problems, I cannot use a bathtub.........can't climb over the edge of it. We booked a balcony cabin and asked for an upgrade to a full suite only, because they have tubs AND showers. We booked a particular cabin, and are happy with the cabin we booked. The booking agent I spoke to said that that note would be sufficient for our needs. The LAST reservation agent I spoke to insisted that Princess did not have to give me an option on accepting an upgrade and told me that I should fax a letter to "pre cruise customer assistance" to explain my situation, which I did. I did not have a reply, so I am "assuming" that all is well............................but the reason I am writing today is that the Princess Agent told me that Princess would NOT ask me whether or not we wanted the upgrade, and might up us to a mini...........which is lovely, but doesn't work for me. I always had thought that we would have the option, but evidently not. Is this a new Princess situation?[/QUOTE]Why don't you book an assigned cabin and then tell Princess "no upgrade"? It is possible you will just be upgraded and not asked. I would not rely on a note or a letter. When doing a b2b we have asked Princess if we do not say "no upgrade" will they only upgrade for both the cruises if we so note. They have always told us a note will not work.

• 2 weeks later...
I booked Cat. AE on the Sapphire - was only allowed to book this Cat. as a Guarantee -- (E728/E731)---marked my booking "history" with "UPGRADE [b]ONLY[/b] TO FULL SUITE" - interesting to see what will happen----do not want to be "upgraded" to Dolphin (uncovered) balconies....I do not consider an upgrade to be truly an upgrade unless it will be to a Full Suite....

Anyone with experience with a Cat. AE Guarantee booking???

Seems to me like Princess is playing games with allowing this Cat. to be booked ony as a guarantee....Who will end up in those (2) cabins???

GottoCruise hope you keep us posted so we can see if it will be an upgrade for you and if not will it be the last two to book this category or you requesting to stay there if no Full Suite upgrade.

BJS - Will certainly keep you posted as soon as I see ANYTHING on the personalizer....

if I am "upgraded" away from Cat. AE --it will be the last time I try a Guarantee this way .

.or I just might "downgrade" back to a Cat. BB on the Emerald deck to be sure and have a covered balcony..
or to Caribe for 1/2 covered balcony.....Decisions, decisions, ......:confused:

[quote name='artone']Cruise Vacation Center in New York....I think they just wanted someone else to have E731...When I spoke with them about getting my cabin back the t.a. made up some story about a phone call to his boss, Roy. A call that never took place. He also told me I would lose my $700 deposit if i cancelled. [/QUOTE]Have cruised on Princess many times and have been aware of the Princess automatic upgrade policy for some time.

Interestingly enough, recently used Cruise Value Centre to book an [u]RCL cruise[/u] and on their standard 'invoice' they have the following quote an the very top in bold print - I guess they, along with others, are starting to take flack for the 'Princess Upgrade Fairy?"

[b][i]IMPORTANT INFORMATION[/i][/b]
[b][i]All Princess passengers are automatically eligible for possible upgrades even if a cabin # has already been assigned. If you would rather secure the cabin you have chosen, you must send an email requesting a 'non-upgrade status' to [email="cruiseinfo@cruisevalue.com"]cruiseinfo@cruisevalue.com[/email]. We will then notify Princess to block you from receiving any upgrades.[/i][/b]

:( Although my Cat. AE booking (AFT Emerald Deck) was marked "NO UPGRADE EXCEPT TO FULL SUITE"....................
Princess JUST upgraded my Cat.AE Mini (Sapphire) to Cat. AA on Dolphin Deck(midships) :mad: -
I have e-mailed my TA that I am [b]NOT[/b] interested in giving up my Cat. AE for a Mini on Dolphin Deck -
Keep posted !!!!!

Archived