Pinnacle Grill Menu .........

sail7seas

:) Lots of folks have asked about the Pinnacle Menu. When I started gathering our things to start packing for Maasdam, I found a copy of the menu which was delivered to our PS on Rotterdam in March.

Here it is....If the menu has changed since March 2004, sorry.

Starters:

Fragrant Chicken Thai Soup

(Coconut Milk & Lemon Grass)

Ultimate Northwest Clam Chowder

(Double smoked bacon, clams, tender red potatoes)

Seasonal Greens

(Fresh Northwest Pear, Warm Pecan Crusted Oregon Blue Cheese Dried cheeries & Cider Pear Vinaigrette)

Dungeness Crab Cakes

(Spiral Shaved Cucumber & Sweet Chili Sauce)

Seared Duck Breast

(Pickled Walla Walla Onions, Blackberry Relish)

Gerard & Dominique's Smoked Pleasures

(Black Cod, Salmon,Scallops, Wasabi Cream)

Entrees:

From the Grill: (The Pnnacle Grill features hand selected Sterling Silver Beef, unsurpassed in tenderness and taste, its flavor is enhanced by our own special seasoneed rubs and the juices are sealed in by our 1600 degree grill).

Filet Mignon

(Petite Cut or Pinnacle Cut)

Bone-In Rib Eye Steak-Portherhouse

(Served withour selection of our hand crafted sauces: Sun dried Tomato Steak Sauce ~ Classic Bearnaise ~ Horseradish Mustard Sauce)

Halibut ~ King Salmon

(Our fish selection is troll caught in Alaskan waters, quick seared on our grill served with your choice of Lemon Garlic Herb Splash or Sesame Soy Kalbi

Signatures:

Pan Seared Rosemary Chicken (Cranberry Chutney)

Lamb Rack Chops (Apple Spice Chutney, Drizzled Mint Sauge)

Seafood Cioppino (Mussels, Clams, King Crab, Halibut)

Grande Wild Mushroom Ravioli (Pesto Cream Sauce)

Side Dishes:

Scalloped Potatoes

Oversized Baked Washington Potato

Grilled Asparagus w/ Bearnaise Sauce

Sauteed Button Mushrooms

Creamed Spinach

Honey Maple Three Bean Ragout

Lemon-Wheat Berry Basmati Rice

Sweet Endings:

Not so classic Baked Alaska

Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake

Lemon Berry Angle Shortcake

Assortment of Cheeses

whoa...I made myself hungry just typing this. The food is sooooo good IMO

:p Hungry, sail7seas I gained 5 pounds reading it:eek: and preordering in my mind what I will order in November.

I noticed you did not metion the Creme Brulee, did they have the trio? I am still interested in know what the 3 flavors of Creme Brulee are?

Thanks sail7seas:)

Lisa.....

No creme brulee on Rotterdam's Pinnacle Menu in March. It may have been "a special offered by waitstaff".....or perhaps has been added since March as a regular part of the menu. What I typed came directly from a xerox sheet left in our suite for us to consider dining in Pinnacle.

I don't care for creme brulee. It's Volcano Cake for me everytime anyway....can never get enough of that!!

S7S-

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

That did in fact whet my appetite!! Usually before I cruise, I dream of being on the Ship, but I think this time I will dream of volcano cake !!!:rolleyes: :cool:

I would really like it if they would have a few other green veggies ... like a broccoli dish. As it is, I have a problem with all but the Scalloped potatoes ... which I normally order two of, rather than struggle with the spinach (if mom didn't cook it, I don't have to eat it). :D

Come on RevNeal, live it up and have the asparagas and mushrooms!! :eek: Both compliment one of those wonderful filets beautifully!!!! Also, if you need green stuff, I highly recommend the Salad !!:cool:

Yup....won't hurt us to miss our broccoli or green beans for the very occasional visits to Pinnacle. We can get all the greens we need at all our other meals.

The problem is that I don't like either asparagus or the mushrooms! :o

I'm really limited on what I can have, based upon that menu. Oh, I'll order the asparagus, and I might eat a bit of them, but I don't like their taste. Sorry :)

:) Rev......fret not. Pinnacle serves a really big meal. There is no way I can order more than an appetizer (and only eat half or less of that); have my entree and then enjoy a few tastes of volcano and I have had too much food. My DH has a good appetite and moans and groans as he leaves the restaurant. No way he can finish all that is placed before him.

I seriously doubt you will go hungry.

Rev......fret not. Pinnacle serves a really big meal.

But I'm a REALLY big man! :)

I seriously doubt you will go hungry.

True. I haven't ever gone hungry in the past! The last time I ate in the Pinnacle Grill they had to roll me out and down the hall toward the show lounge. :)

matt.....I imagine you may be able to but do not think anyone could EAT two entrees. Their portions are very large. It is possible they may refuse someone ordering two.....it would be quite an excessive thing to do IMO

Not to worry, Revneal. Chocolate is a vegetable, too. And no one ever died of malnutrition from foregoing a green veggie at the Pinnacle.

I hate asparagus also, the one green thing that always seems to show up on the plate unrequested. Sometimes I think you and I must be the only ones. My dislike of it dates back to my early memories of watching (and smelling) my mother eating asparagus right out of the can. Yuck!

Some nice little brussels sprouts might be nice to get away from the broccoli and green beans rut. I used to dislike those, too, until I had some prepared by a good restaurant -- lightly steamed with butter and a dash of nutmeg.

The question about ordering 2 entrees always mystifies me, especially when asking re the Pinnacle, which has a specific additional cost. Would you dine at a land-based restaurant and expect to order 2 meals for the price of one? The $20 pp cost of an entire meal at the Pinnacle (plus the very minimal cost per meal your cruise fare includes) is far far less than what you would pay for the same meal on land in a 4 to 5* restaurant, so why would anyone expect to be given 2 entrees for the same price? If you want ribeye and lamb, go to the Pinnacle on 2 nights.

Aside from the cost, the portions at the Pinnacle are very large and eating 2 of any or all menu courses would be close to gluttony no matter who the diner.

Can you order two main dishes? Ribeye and lamb?

Matt - if it's something you'd like to try - I say go for it !!!!! You only live once. Besides - the ones who are commenting on the large portions are women. I have seen athletes and other males who can throw down a couple big juicy steaks at one sitting with no problem. Give it a shot !!!

I have nothing against anyone who wants to eat 2 entrees at one sitting. If you are uncomfortably stuffed that's your problem. I just think you should pay for each meal you order separately.

Why should other diners' cost for eating at the Pinnacle possibly be raised from $20 upward because someone else is trying to get something for nothing and the cruiseline is forced to have other pax absorb the cost of someone else's excessive meals?

I have nothing against anyone who wants to eat 2 entrees at one sitting. If you are uncomfortably stuffed that's your problem. I just think you should pay for each meal you order separately.

What if Matt was just comfortable sated :) ????

Why should other diners' cost for eating at the Pinnacle possibly be raised from $20 upward because someone else is trying to get something for nothing and the cruiseline is forced to have other pax absorb the cost of someone else's excessive meals?

One persons excess may be another persons normal. Who are we to judge?

I could care less how much or little Matt or any other diner eats, just that I don't have to pay for him eating over and above the established portions of the restaurant and not paying for it. A restaurant does not set it's cost based on the stomach capacity of the diner, but on specific portion sizes and costs of each course.

Again, at a land restaurant you would not be able to go in and order and eat both the beef AND lamb entrees and then pay only for the beef. Why should you be able to do so at the Pinnacle? As you refuse to answer this question and you choose to divert the discussion to how much it takes to satisfy Matt's appetite (a question that I'm sure no one hear cares to know) I will take it you agree Matt should pay for what he eats but won't admit it.

Besides - the ones who are commenting on the large portions are women. I have seen athletes and other males who can throw down a couple big juicy steaks at one sitting with no problem.

Stop it ... you're making me HUNGRY. :D

Maybe Matt could ask for half and half? 2 half orders, do you think they would do that just so he could try both? I think that may be what he was getting at, not necessarily that he wanted to eat both but to try both. I don't know, that's just a guess.

I could care less how much or little Matt or any other diner eats, just that I don't have to pay for him eating over and above the established portions of the restaurant and not paying for it. A restaurant does not set it's cost based on the stomach capacity of the diner, but on specific portion sizes and costs of each course.

Again, at a land restaurant you would not be able to go in and order and eat both the beef AND lamb entrees and then pay only for the beef. Why should you be able to do so at the Pinnacle? As you refuse to answer this question and you choose to divert the discussion to how much it takes to satisfy Matt's appetite (a question that I'm sure no one hear cares to know) I will take it you agree Matt should pay for what he eats but won't admit it.

Peaches - Matt asked a simple question - could he order two entrees. He made no mention of $$$. So why are you implying he is trying to get something for nothing? Maybe he is willing to pay extra for 2 entrees - maybe he isn't. Anyway - thats a matter between him and HAL - and no one else.

Matt can certainly order two entrees - and if HAL in their wisdom decides not to charge him more - thats their decision - just as if they would decide to have him pay an extra $10 or so

Archived