Diamond Plus vs. Diamond perks?

Parrothead8........hang in there.........sounds like you are a long time cruiser.........and when the opportunity comes about.....strike and get it.

Rick

I'm trying Rick........I'm trying!!:p

While I am not one to ever turn down any additional perks that RCI chooses to give us, my primary interest when I book an RCI cruise is to have a pleasant and enjoyable cruise vacation. As long as they deliver that experience I am more than satisfied, and any incidental perks I receive during the course of the cruise are just icing on the cake. I do believe that this fascination and concentration on the various perks provided is a classic case of not seeing the forest for the trees. Most passengers haven't had an opportunity to take a bridge tour since before 9/11, so providing them to a limited number of loyal past passengers is, to me, a nice gesture. Once you have done one, however, you probably don't feel it necessary to repeat the experience. That is one of the problems when you concentrate your attention on the perks. You tend to get a bit jaded and feel that RCI should be constantly coming up with new and different perks, to enhance the membership levels.

It might be good to remember from time to time, that RCI instituted these levels of Crown and Anchor memberships and attached certain benefits to the various levels, of their own volition and as a sign that they appreciate our continued patronage. How we have gone from that to a situation where we now criticize them for not continually enhancing the membership levels, as though our continued patronage demands that they do so, turns things upside down and runs the risk of exasperated officials saying at some point, that it just isn't worth the aggravation to try to satisfy a seemingly insatiable public, and scrapping the program altogether. It is one thing to suggest perks that they might add to their program; it is quite another to criticize them because what they offer isn't up to our lofty standards.:rolleyes:

In the long run, all they owe us is a good cruise experience. As long as they deliver that, complaints about perks are, IMHO, a bit unseemly.

Aw geez, Bill, you remind me of the little snot nosed brown noser in grade school:rolleyes: :D We didn't start the perks.......RCCL has set the expectations and I'm gonna continue to want more. Besides.....C&A is a big reason why customers keep returning.......the ships are all running practically full nowadays.

Aw geez, Bill, you remind me of the little snot nosed brown noser in grade school:rolleyes: :D We didn't start the perks.......RCCL has set the expectations and I'm gonna continue to want more. Besides.....C&A is a big reason why customers keep returning.......the ships are all running practically full nowadays.

Great statement sanjoseca. I think Bill is correct in what he is saying, and because of the popularity of cruising.......and the perks that RCCL gives out, they have more and more cruisers that are going for a repeat proformance.

What more would you like???:rolleyes:

Rick

Rick

Thanks for the compliment.:)

As to your question:

I'd like to get the upgrades that you get, rub.......as it is, upgrades are very inconsistent and distributed unfairly. I think Diamond + should be offered upgrades prior to RCCL putting the cruise on the Tuesday specials. I'd like to get a better deal on internet access, I'd like a discount for Chops, I'd like some free laundry, I'd like.....well........ all I can get!:D

PS Rub, don't worry about Bill.....we are buddies sometimes and fight like cats and dogs other times.....he gets his licks in....trust me.......He just happens to be wrong this time.....Hee, Hee, Hee

We are Diamond members..............and so far have received two upgrades.............both from GS to OS. We will be Diamond plus in a couple of months, but with the fact that we always book suites.....GS to RS...........and have had tours for everything except the engine room on RCCL.............I don't expect much. I am told that there will be offers once in awhile to try a new ship..........but I doubt that would be in the offering till we have a few more cruises under our belt.

Rick

Maybe next time they'll let you steer the ship! ;)

Rick

Ok,if we're making a wish list,I'd like to add......

1...more of a discount(not being greedy--maybe instead of $200 on balcony,maybe $300)

2..Free laundry would be great..

3..up the coupon book values a bit......jeez.10% off one item in the gift chop.whoppie!!

I was waiting for you to show up San..:D I knew when you read that remark from Bill,you'd have an answer....you didnt let me down!!

PS...I,too am friends and have spent time with both Negc and San....dont consider them so much like buddies..more like a dad!! haha!:p

Well as one of those "lowly" little platinites you mentioned I am just eagerly awaiting my Sovereign cruise when I step off the ship a DIAMOND! Can somebody point me to the conceige lounge & the FREE drinks???????????:D

and have done a galley tour & even for an invite for a backstage tour but had another function to attend. Both Diamond & Diamond Plus get a free excursion on member cruises.

Now a friend who is Diamond Plus was upgrade to a Grand Suite & got a free 2 days cruise with free specialty restaurants & drinks on Freedom Boston to NYC.

We book AFT CORNER D1 & still wait to get at least a JS since we have a Key Account TA, but that hasn't happened. But she does give us great gifts.

We also were lucky to get a free 2 nighter(and we werent even Diamond at that point).it was on the Naming of the ship ceremony cruise for the Mariner.......very nice and elegant!!

I personally have no desire to go on any members cruise...............too many others to share the concierge with..haha!!

KC-why do you think we also choose deck 8 for our EN cruise??:p

Gee, San, I didn't finagle a seat at the Captain's table by playing nice (certainly wouldn't call it brown nosing:)) with the Captain's wife in the CL. :D

Can't help it if you are insatiable and always want "more".;)

If they don't continue to provide an excellent overall cruise experience, do you think a few more perks will keep them sailing at or near capacity? If another line offers an inferior itinerary on a mediocre ship, but offers more or better perks, will you be so fickle as to abandon an RCI ship for the other line? I think not.

As I said, I am more than willing to accept any new perks that they wish to provide. I was just pointing out that as you said, we didn't start the perks, RCI did, and they can always cancel them and damn the consequences.

Gee, San, I didn't finagle a seat at the Captain's table by playing nice (certainly wouldn't call it brown nosing:)) with the Captain's wife in the CL. :D

Can't help it if you are insatiable and always want "more".;)

If they don't continue to provide an excellent overall cruise experience, do you think a few more perks will keep them sailing at or near capacity? If another line offers an inferior itinerary on a mediocre ship, but offers more or better perks, will you be so fickle as to abandon an RCI ship for the other line? I think not.

As I said, I am more than willing to accept any new perks that they wish to provide. I was just pointing out that as you said, we didn't start the perks, RCI did, and they can always cancel them and damn the consequences.

I didn't finagle a seat at the Captain's table.....it was the Captain's wife that sucuumbed to my charm and wanted us there. She has excellent taste:D .

In some ways, I wish the perks for reapeaters were not as good as they are on RCCL......it would free me up to go back to using some of the other lines we have sailed in the past. I currently use RCCL because of the perks and savings. All I really want is a nice cabin, decent meals and to be at sea.

Diamond benefits are excellent, but I feel that the previously highly touted D+ is a weak addition considering how many additional cruise points that it takes to get there. Personally, I think some Diamond perks should be reduced in order to show a bigger diffrentiater for becoming D+.

I think you need to respect my insatiable desire for more and more:D

I didn't finagle a seat at the Captain's table.....it was the Captain's wife that sucuumbed to my charm and wanted us there. She has excellent taste:D .

In some ways, I wish the perks for reapeaters were not as good as they are on RCCL......it would free me up to go back to using some of the other lines we have sailed in the past. I currently use RCCL because of the perks and savings. All I really want is a nice cabin, decent meals and to be at sea.

Diamond benefits are excellent, but I feel that the previously highly touted D+ is a weak addition considering how many additional cruise points that it takes to get there. Personally, I think some Diamond perks should be reduced in order to show a bigger diffrentiater for becoming D+.

Whoa, now hold on here just a cotton pickin minute mister!! It has taken me 5 very LONG years to finally make Diamond so don't you go giving RCCL ANY IDEAS about reducing the benefits for Diamond!!

If you want MORE perks as D+ fine by me, just don't go messing with what we already have!!!:mad:

While I'll agree with her taste in husbands, I'm not as sure about her choice of male tablemates. It was probably Nancy's charm that go you that seat anyway.:D

Is that "respect" you want, the same as in "I'll still respect you in the morning":D

You read it here folks, Sanjoseca is plotting to reduce perks for diamond members in order to feed his "insatiable desire for more and more". :D

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by "I'll respect you in the morning"......but I am assuming that it has something to do with your demeaning attitude toward women. That wasn't the respect that I was looking for.

Don't worry, Kc, although I am proud to be starting a campaign to lower D benefits to make D+ look more attractive, I would grandfather fine ladies from Ocala. Not to worry.

[quote name='sanjoseca']

Don't worry, Kc, although I am proud to be starting a campaign to lower D benefits to make D+ look more attractive, I would grandfather fine ladies from Ocala. Not to worry.[/quote]

I am with you on this one. As a D+ with 47 RCI cruises, I really do believe the differences are almost negligible. The Concierge Lounges are so crowded one can barely find a seat!

On FOS in May, they told us there are only 3,000 Dplus members. Yet, I am denied an upgrade from a JS to an OS on SOS in two weeks because it takes 75 cruise credits for a 3 night cruise upgrade:confused:. I find this to be downright silly.

I do think RCI has a good program compared to the rest but the differential in what one must spend to become D+ vs Diamond is not on par with the perks.

Smart lady, Caviargirl. They told us 3,500 D+ on Jewel last week. BTW, the original letter for D+ said something about dining with an officer, VIP theater experience and upgraded bathroom amenities at >49 cruises [I think you are really close] No mention of 75 cruises....I think the C&A rep got it wrong. Often, D+ phones are answered by people that are not D+ reps. Free balcony cruise at 100.

See Bill, there are others, besides me, that have the inteligence to see things the way they really are and how they should be. I wonder what would have happened if you had been around for the Boston Tea Party [Well, maybe you were:D ]. Pushing the envelope is good, sometimes!

I want to know how you all got that free 2 day cruise even at Diamond! I live in Florida and they haven't invited me yet. (I can hope of course)

Better coupons in booklet are an excellent idea. How about 2 free drinks?? LOL! Bigger discounts also would work. Not asking them for it all just a little more to make Diamond Plus special.

I'd also appreciate if they could update the computer systems and actually tell you on your C&A online and your seapass that you are Diamond Plus. This costs nothing and would be a nice touch.

As far are itineraries, I'd love to see some new ones. I've done it all in the caribbean and really need some new ports! I'm even going on Princess so I can hit a new island or 2.

It is good business to treat frequent cruisers well and RCI does a good job of it but I do give them plenty of $$ every year too!

[quote name='sanjoseca']
Don't worry, Kc, although I am proud to be starting a campaign to lower D benefits to make D+ look more attractive, I would grandfather fine ladies from Ocala. Not to worry.[/quote]

Thanks San, that really puts my mind at ease!:D

RM, don't feel bad, I live in Fl. too & they've never offered me a free cruise either! In fact the only upgrade I've ever gotten was on Carnvial, go figure!!

[quote name='Parrothead8']

PS...I,too am friends and have spent time with both Negc and San....dont consider them so much like buddies..more like a dad!! haha!:p[/quote]

That hurts, PH. It really hurts.:( Though I can kind of understand your feeling that way about the old guy from CA. You'll get yours for that remark, kiddo.:D

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Maybe next time they'll let you steer the ship! ;)[/quote]

Carol, isn't that how your last cruise had a problem? Letting someone else steer the ship? :D Though Rick would probably do a better job.:)
BTW folks, just in case anyone is keeping score it is Bill 7, San 3.:D

Hmmmmm, we are D and have not toured behind any scene... have not had any upgrades.... have not been given any free trips of any lenght....:eek:

However, we have had excellent trips each time out. The occassional used C&A coupon... the daily trips into the C. Lounge... we have never gotten any virus, other than the bug to sail more :D

If, no - [I][B]when[/B][/I], we get the fairy dust on our booking id and any other personally scheduled activities - we'll gladly accept them.

The only things we [B][I][U]expect[/U][/I][/B]:
[LIST]
[*]a GREAT trip.
[*]excellent service
[*]great food
[*]to be pampered
[*]to laugh
[*]to eat a little more than we should
[*]to drink a little more than we should
[*]to make new friends
[*]to get new memories[/LIST]
As you can see the first half of the list is up to RCCL the other half is up to us.
This is JMHO.

Actually Bill, I'm proud to say that PH is my daughter.....but then I am much wiser than you and can see the merits of good upbringing:D

It may be 7 to 3 [actually it's more than three] but one has to consider the higher inteligence level of the three. Quality, not quantity, that's what counts Bill.

RM, PH knew Jack Williams....that's how she got aboard Mariner back in '03. The fact that they won't label anything D+ makes me wonder if it is going to stick around as a level.

PH, they're supposed to give me the Crystal Ship on Radiance in September. I'll let you know.....it'll only be 4 cruise credits late:rolleyes: ...but then, Bill thinks RCCL is perfect, so I guess that's not a rael problem.

Archived