Wine & Dine pkgs.

Pennie - We usually get the Basic wine package. It consists of one bottle of wine per nite, and there is a list to choose from. I think we pay like $125 for it. I am a wine drinker and found the wines int he basic package, although not a wide variety, was good enough for me.

Just be careful. We liked a wine on the gold package, but bought the platinum package. It ended up costing us more than it was worth. I suggest looking at the list before you go and buying some of the wines to sample at home first. Unless you know wine. With four kids I only know whine :)

WINE PACKAGE

This is the selection and price list that has been available to us on our past two cruises to give you an idea. Add 15% automatic gratuity to the price.

Adults' Beverage Programs

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...br=R&exCode=32

Wine and Dine Package: Enjoy one bottle per night at dinner from a select list of red, white, blush and sparkling wines. Package price includes one bottle per night; please ask for specific pricing information onboard.A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to the price of each package.

You get a sticker on your card. They also keep track of it by person, so they know how many you have used, etc

You can ask for as many of your bottles of wine to be opened on the same night as you want. Also, if you want more than one bottle of the same wine whether on the same night or at a different time, that is fine also.

Make sure you look at the regular wine list first to check the prices of wine available to you so that you get the best deal. We had the Pinot Grigio Danzante and Rioja Faustino 1V which individually cost about $34 and £37 dollars a bottle. If you select a wine that is only $24 dollars a bottle you may be losing out by using the package.

GOLD PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $113

7 BOTTLES $158

10 BOTTLES $226

12 BOTTLES $273

SPARKLING

Korbel, Brut

WHITE WINES

Chardonnay, Stone Cellars, Beringer

Semillon-Chardonnay, Lindemans-Bin 77

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra

White Zinfandel, Woodbridge, Robert Mondavi

RED WINES

Beaujolais Villages, George duBoeuf

Cabernet Sauvignon, Stone Cellars, Beringer

Cabernet Sauvignon, Woodbridge Twin Oaks

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca

Shiraz, Footprint

PLATINUM PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $125

7 BOTTLES $173

10 BOTTLES $250

12 BOTTLES $299

SPARKLING

Argyle, Brut $33.95

Korbel, Brut $30.95

WHITE WINES

Organic Cardonnay, Badger Mountain, Estate Grown

Johannesburg Riesling, Chateau St. Michelle $28.95

Pinot Grigio, Danzante $34.95

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra $27.95

White Zinfandel, Beringer

RED WINES

Beaujolais Villages, George duBoeuf $27.95

Cabernet Sauvignon, Stone Cellars, Beringer $28.95

Cabernet Sauvignon, Woodbridge Twin Oaks $25.95

Merlot, Robert Mondavi Private Selection $33.95

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca $28.95

Rioja, Faustino VII $38.95

Shiraz, Footprint $24.95

Zinfandel, Cline

DIAMOND PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $137

7 BOTTLES $189

10 BOTTLES $274

12 BOTTLES $329

SPARKLING

Argyle, Brut

Korbel, Brut

WHITE WINES

Chardonnay, Meridian Vineyards

Organic Cardonnay, Badger Mountain, Estate Grown

Johannesburg Riesling, Chateau St. Michelle

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra

White Zinfandel, Beringer

RED WINES

Beaujolais Villages, George duBoeuf

Cabernet Sauvignon, Stone Cellars, Beringer

Cabernet Sauvignon, Woodbridge Twin Oaks

Carmenere, Arboleda

Merlot, Robert Mondavi Private Selection

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca

Pinot Noir, Beringer Founder's Estate

Rioja, Faustino VII

Shiraz, Footprint

Shiraz, Rosemount Estate

Zinfandel, Cline

You buy it onboard. There will be a table by the Windjammer the day you depart.

is this where you can purchase a bottle to bring back to your room or is that somewhere else?

also, do you know if you can get beer or other alcohol delivered to your room..i guess by room service??

thanks.

-Jordan

Well, you do get somewhat of a savings with the packages..assuming you want the particular wines. RCI routinely marks-up some wines by more than 600% (good example is Woodbridge at $31) so they want us to thank them for a package that reduced mark-ups to 500%? We are Diamond on RCI and have sometimes swallowed our "wine pride" and taken a package. On the other hand, we also go on many other cruise lines (such as Princess) where the regular wine prices are well below the prices charged on RCI. There is no reason why they can't mark-up wines by 200%, increase their volume, and make some passengers very happy other than just simple GREED.

Hank

is this where you can purchase a bottle to bring back to your room or is that somewhere else?

also, do you know if you can get beer or other alcohol delivered to your room..i guess by room service??

thanks.

-Jordan

Curious about having wine/alcohol delivered to room as well, can you buy a bottle of liquor for you room??:confused:

I guess you can get wine from room service also. I do know that if you don't finish your bottle in the dining room you can either have them hold it for another night or take it back to your room for later.

• 1 month later...

Just off the Mariner...........we bought the wine package.......

Only thing I didnt like was........we wanted one of the bottles for our cabin(decided last minute to have people over for "Happy Hour" ........we were not allowed to get one until dinner time............Had to buy a bottle from room service.............think we should have been allowed to get that bottle from our package if we wanted..........

Wound up bringing one home...

I had heard that too and told the guy I didnt want the package till after we sailed............he told me we wouldnt pay tax because we didnt actually get the first bottle till after sailaway(at dinner).......and it wound up he was right...

Archived