XSNOBS...report here!!

Danno

So you mean I could go to the buffet and not get cut off, shoved or pushed, no one will reach over me?

No one will stop at the bottom of the stairs, just outside the elevator, coming out the show lounge or any main thorough fare, blocking the entire path while they decide where to go?

I can't wait to join!

Stephanie

I say be proud. Be a SNOBS. Market to the silent masses that hunger for a vacation free from obnoxious, overbearing, knuckle dragging mouth breathers.

Here is a marketing jingle, if ever there was one! Jack ( I still don't know JACK ), are you listening??? :confused: :D :D

Boy, you Canadian's JUST SEEM TO GET IT! :eek: (That is a compliment) :D

Boy, you Canadian's JUST SEEM TO GET IT!
TWOFERTWO, actually I'm an American living in Canada. But thanks anyway. :) I just have a low tolerance for the great ignorant unwashed masses who feel it’s their God given right to bring everything down to the lowest common denominator. :mad:

On the other hand, I sometimes wear black socks with sandals. That usually earns me a savage beating from my Canadian DW. Who is neither kind, nor polite when I aggravate her. :eek:

My huband and I would love and be honored to join this special group where do we sign up?

Being able to lay quietly by the pool and read without someone yelling into their walkie talkie - jumping into the pool and coming back to find someone in your seat and your stuff sitting in the pool of water on the floor! Bring back those days! Or better to see everyone dressed up with us for dinner!

I'm proud to be a XSNOBSette. It comes naturally to us Iowans (who are very much like Canadians but without the funny accent!) (Sorry, that was very unXSNOBSette of me, but I couldn't help teasing Danno, the Grand Poobah of XSNOBS.)

Happy Sailing XSNOBS and XSNOBSettes.

Joanie

A newly formed group in now taking on members...XSNOBS (Xtrodinary Shophisicated Not Over Bearing Shipmates) is now open for business.

However we have a few rules...

a) all members must respect the "space" of other passengers.

b) all members must abide by the common rules of courtesy and show proper manners when dealing with other passengers and crew members.

c) while we will drink all we want we will not become loud or obnoxious to the crew, other pax, or our wives/husbands.

d) we will control our children and understand that we have an obligation to make them adhere to accepted rules of proper behavior

e) we understand that as much as cruise lines try, NO cruise will be perfect, we accept this and will adjust.

f) we understand that not everyone around us wants to hear our conversations and will keep our voices down in confined areas.

g) we understand that while some rules may seem odd that they probably exist for a good reason and we agree to follow them.

h) we understand patience is a virtue and while we would all like to disembark first it ain't goin' to happen...relax and be happy

i) finally we pledge to endeavor to keep cruising "special". To not let it become just another vacation and most of all, to understand that we are all truly fortunate to be able to cruise and to never take that for granted.

Looking forward to the first members meeting in the near future

From the C.C. guidlines: Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

Tuggers,

Does this mean that you and some of the others on this thread are only XSNOBS as you see fit? Did you violate the atricles of XSNOBland (Sub article "g" I believe) by bumping this post up. What's good for all the CC members should apply to the XSNOBS also. You should resgin your membership in this organization, or apologize to everyoone on here.

notalemming

Hi Lois,

I think perhaps this poster is pointing out the fact that Tuggers bumped this thread up, in violation of the C.C. guidelines. And perhaps to illicit your kind of response. I think you have been had!!! :D

Bill

Lois,

Looks good to me. I won't comment on notalemming's spelling and grammar capabilities, as that is also against the C.C. guidelines (this post made me go look and read them :cool: ). Oh BTW, count me in, I can't speak for my wife as she never reads these boards, yet. I may have to be admonished from time to time though, especially when it comes to running for a seat for those BINGO jackpots on the last night ;) . Do we get anything for joining? A free bottle of ice wine from our Canadian friend to the North? (You know who you are :D )

Bill

Oh, I am lurking around...I see nothing has changed.:rolleyes: I have been hanging at the Princess board also. Do tell Lois, your cruise is just around the corner. What plans have you made while in Bermuda? :D

Danno;

I see no explicit mention addressing "Chair Hogs". Perhaps they fall under the obey all rules category, however I think an addendum is in order. Perhaps it should read - No chair-hoggong allowed. Anyone in violation will find their "Chair-Hogging" belongings tossed overboard.

Just my thoughts.

Archived