XSNOBS...report here!!

Danno

Omigosh, did you say snobbery:eek: Oh, OK, I was thinking of Monty Python and shrubbery :D

Great idea Danno-count us in.

We love and obey all the rules posted, and methinks the rules should be referred to as snobberisms.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Hmmm....Hi Bob:)...if you and Pyhllis are in, then I have to join too;) .

Who woulda thunk we would be in a SNOB category?...oh wait, its supposed to be having manners and common courtesy....Of course we are in:D

Sign me up scotty.

Xsnob (Bob) and Xsnobess(Janette) pledge and give the secret handshake to join this illustrious group. We will add our names to the list and add to its foreign content contingent!!!!

Dressing for dinner? Manners? Sophistication at Sea? Sounds grand.

And inspite of that Grocho thing :D , my DW & I would be happy to join.

"Meetcha all down by the pool fer a kegger an sum tunes"...:eek:

Kidding, just kidding. :D

Can Southerners join too? if so, count us in!!! A ship full of us would be ever so lovely.

What part of the South are you from? There are several of us genteel Southern persons who have already indicated a desire to associate with this lovely group. No one has blackballed us, so I suppose we are welcome :D

A newly formed group in now taking on members...XSNOBS (Xtrodinary Shophisicated Not Over Bearing Shipmates) is now open for business.

However we have a few rules...

a) all members must respect the "space" of other passengers.

b) all members must abide by the common rules of courtesy and show proper manners when dealing with other passengers and crew members.

c) while we will drink all we want we will not become loud or obnoxious to the crew, other pax, or our wives/husbands.

d) we will control our children and understand that we have an obligation to make them adhere to accepted rules of proper behavior

e) we understand that as much as cruise lines try, NO cruise will be perfect, we accept this and will adjust.

f) we understand that not everyone around us wants to hear our conversations and will keep our voices down in confined areas.

g) we understand that while some rules may seem odd that they probably exist for a good reason and we agree to follow them.

h) we understand patience is a virtue and while we would all like to disembark first it ain't goin' to happen...relax and be happy

i) finally we pledge to endeavor to keep cruising "special". To not let it become just another vacation and most of all, to understand that we are all truly fortunate to be able to cruise and to never take that for granted.

Looking forward to the first members meeting in the near future

Greetings Danno,

Wonderful!!!!! We agree to all of the above and pledge our lifetime cruising membership. Wonderfully put, and not in the least unreasonable. We won't travel with some of our best friends because there are one or two of the above rules they cannot seem to get. THIS IS A VACATION. VACATE!!!!!

Doug and Marta

Ok...who wants to call Jack and tell him we are organizing a movement to promote his cruise line as the home of (X)snobbery on the high seas!! No sense marketing to any other demographic...only (X)snobs. Better to sail with empty cabins than to fill them with riff-raff. I think he'll be delighted!!

(Why do I expect the sewers are going to back up only in my cabin;) )

Further, I undertake to adhere to the dress code established by the ship, believing that dress codes are one of the key influences that keep cruising "special".Terry:)

Interesting how NCL was one of the first to embrace "freestyle" cruising...now my TA says she fears selling them to anyone except first timers as she has had such a backlash from repeat cruisers. The lack of structure, which many will see as a plus, has translated to a floating theme park type atmosphere...I think I would rather just stay at home.

[quote name=catmand

I also promise if I ever see an inflatable pool on deck I will find the nearest large pin/knitting needle/sharp fork or any other sharp instrument and puncture the thing.[/font]

Sounded like a good idea, for split second! I like the upper decks and if I had an inflatable pool I could do away with that long hike to the pool! LOL

Sorry, where do I report for more training?

Amen to all the rules. We would all have a better time if everyone acted respectfully!

Boys - XSNOBS Girls - XSNOBETS

Everybody have fun as laughter is good for the soul. Relax because the body and mind need it. Eat moderately! (Just kidding) :)

Better to sail with empty cabins than to fill them with riff-raff.
Danno, I think you and Jack (there's another Jack?!!) might be pleasantly surprised at the response to an X(SNOBS) marketing campaign. The DW & I held off on cruising for years because we did not want to be subjected to a booze cruise or a floating playpen. Several years ago we were introduced to a kinder, gentler form of cruising on HAL. [Now calm down, you X-loyalists, we’ve moved on since then] :p Research through forums such as the CC message boards brought us over to X.

Many within our social circle have asked about our past cruising adventures. They sigh wistfully, :rolleyes: when we recount fond memories of elegant dining, casual grace at sea, exotic locales, superb service and a vacation lifestyle reminiscent of times gone by. More than a few of our friends have made serious enquiry’s into a cruising vacation with one of the more ‘up-scale’ lines. The trouble is, short of knowing some of the secret code words and reading between the lines, it is difficult to be sure a particular cruise line will cater to a more refined clientele.

I say be proud. Be a SNOBS. Market to the silent masses that hunger for a vacation free from obnoxious, overbearing, knuckle dragging mouth breathers. :p

Long live the X-SNOBS, smooth sailing ahead. :D

Gee, count me in too and I guess my husband also. Since our first Celebrity cruise in August 2002, we've become hooked on Celebrity. In 39 days we'll be on our 4th Celebrity Cruise in a row.

Gee, I always wanted to be a snob!! Now I'm an XSNOB.

Anne Maria

Archived