XSNOBS...report here!!

Danno

Hi Z:) there are a few of us who will be snorkeling with "Jesse James"!

No other plans made yet.......I think we are going to rent a van and go sightseeing:).

I received some brochures in the mail from the Bermuda Board of Tourism....lots of galleries and gardens!!

Can't wait to go:D

You all must go to the Swizzle Inn...A very unique place. Rum swizzlers, other assorted drinks and reat food! Right by the bridge to St. Georges..There are thousands of business type cards hanging all over the walls fom people all over the world..check it out...http://www.swizzleinn.com Swizzle Inn, swagger out! :D

:D

I just read where I have been chastized! And who is this person (she said haughtily) who is asking for my resignation? Who apparently drove Lois to post something she had to edit? Who, I ask, who?

Last year we had our first experience with Celebrity - Constellation to the Baltics and St. Petersburg. Best cruise vacation ever!

We recently complete a 14-day on HAL's Noordam sailing from Rome to London. Although it was a pleasant enough experience, it lacked that intangible something that sets Celebrity apart from all previous cruises. Hopefully that momentary indiscretion will not disqualify us from joining XSNOBS.

Dave and Marcia

Hi Gail:) I don't who they were..I did react badly so I decided to take away my rude comments......

And I put those icons on there instead....

It doesn't matter...we know you are a good person:D

Danno,

As fonder of XSNOBS may I put up a poster next week on the century saying XSNOBS long island chap. meets here. As to of us will be sailing together

Thanks

p.s . I will allso use my slogan The few the proud the XSNOBS

Thanks for sticking up for me! Sorry I missed it. It must have come in while I was taking care of the 'babies'! (Maddie got a new toy, about 12 inches tall, a penquin, and promptly beheaded it!). Also got an email about a Schnauzer needing rescue so I was working on that!

Taznbugs,

I don't think XSNOBS approve of 'door decor'. I believe we find it to be tacky and not to be in keeping with the 'grand ole style' of cruising that we hope to foster. Danno? Opinion, pls.

At the risk of being ejected from the group, I have to say that we should be careful in how we present the rules where everyone can see them or they might think we really are snobs, not X-SNOBS. And while it isn't specifically stated, I think the overall goal of this group is to control OUR behaviour and not interfere with the pleasure of others.

While it is fine for us to say that we would not decorate our doors, this is one activity that others may enjoy that would not violate our "space". After all, it's the door to their temporary home. Rule "a" was that we would respect the space of others. I may think it's tacky and would not do it, but why should I be critical of others?

So I respectfully suggest that the policy be that X-Snobs wouldn't decorate their door, but any lesser cruisers may desecrate the sanctity of the ship's decor if they must. And we can talk about them amongst ourselves. ;)

Bob...you are right. While we have preferances we do not seek to embarrass anyone. Our goal is to promote a friendly, respectful atmosphere on our beloved X ships. We hope that by making it known the Celebrity has a "snobby" clientel (our definition) that it will discourage those who seek to destroy cruising (read, riff-raff) to book elsewhere...just a point, we are XSNOBS not ex-snobs.

Can anyone join this "club"?

NO!!! Just people who think it's important to be well mannered, respectful and considerate of others, and expect the same in return...welcome aboard:D .

NO!!! Just people who think it's important to be well mannered, respectful and considerate of others, and expect the same in return...welcome aboard:D .

Well....I think I can certainly do that!! Now, are there going to be hats and pins for this "club"?

AkaWanda and I must resign from the group. Although we have, in our limited experience, followed the "rules" of the xsnobs I can see where we no longer qualify. While we are always polite to our fellow cruisemates. By choice neither drink (so no alcohol related problems) nor smoke (obvious). Believe the dress code is/should be law and adhere to it without question. We never rush anywhere while on our cruise, hog chairs, food, or seats. We always try to tip and respect the staff. I think we are the type of people who do quaify for membership, however, we do like to use the door hangers shown below. I am sorry to turn in our xsnob badge but alas....Bob made us do it!

Posted by Bob278:

"While it is fine for us to say that we would not decorate our doors, this is one activity that others may enjoy that would not violate our "space". After all, it's the door to their temporary home. Rule "a" was that we would respect the space of others. I may think it's tacky and would not do it, but why should I be critical of others?"

"So I respectfully suggest that the policy be that X-Snobs wouldn't decorate their door, but any lesser cruisers may desecrate the sanctity of the ship's decor if they must. And we can talk about them amongst ourselves"

catmand and AkaWanda,

Nonsense! You don't have to resign. Read my post again (and don't neglect the wink this time). What I said was that we while might say XSNOBS would not decorate their doors, we would respect the rights of others. That's only an indication of individual preference. So you would not be violating any rules. And then I tried to get cute. (Hence the wink). I am neither qualified to establish rules, nor do I want to. (That's Danno's job). If I offended you, I most humbly apologize.

Besides, if we agree on so much of how we want to behave, we'd get along better than a majority of people in the world. Why not join people who agree so closely with you? We'll all likely never find 100% agreement so this group is a great spot for like-minded folks to poke some fun.

Bob

So sad to lose a member to the "dark side";) ...once you have seen the light we will be here to welcome you back.

Ok, ok...we are nothing if not tolerant...we'll "grandfather" this one. seeing as how you had this made before the policy was set.

Please count me in! Especially the manners part. I just had 2 different experiences in less than 24 hours that drove this home for me.

Last evening, I met with a lovely gentleman from whom I might be buying or leasing a horse. What a joy! Not only was he delightful, his kids were amazing. Everything was 'yes ma'am', 'no ma'am', 'please', 'thank you', etc. Words I haven't heard in a while from teenagers. His young son even tipped his hat to me in a way that indicated it was an ingrained behaviour rather than an affectation.

Contrast that if you will to my trolley ride this morning. I carried a heavy, awkward briefcase this morning and it was hard to maneuver it up and down the steps. Getting on the trolley, a family of 4 almost climbed over me on the steps to get on and grab a seat without even an 'excuse me'. Then, getting off, I was carefully going down the steps and a woman who wanted to get on RIGHT NOW literally grabbed my briefcase to hurry me up and no sooner had my feet hit the ground, was squeezing by me to get on, mumbling 'hurry up'. Sheesh!

Therefore, I happily request membership to the XSNOBS and look forward to cruising with all of you!

Linda

OMG! I think you would have to take that up with the fashion police, not the XSNOBS! And if it's white socks after Labor Day they will really go after you.

Might I suggest instead a gentlemen's pedicure and foot massage by a lovely young thing in the spa? :rolleyes:

Archived