XSNOBS...report here!!

Danno

How wonderful! Please accept us for membership in the group. When the final rules are compiled, I think all members should print a copy and post them on their cabin door to help remind us and everyone else onboard of how to behave. Thanks for the terrific post.

EJBMORR

Please add in the Kilted Scout and BH.

Being English we are supposed to be snobbish anyway, well if that means conforming to the rules of XSNOBS then we are - and I am pleased about it.

The TUX and the Kilt (probably) will be travelling many thousands of miles to ensure that Formal nights are, and more than likely less formal nights will also be so.

We had a fabulous 2 weeks in the Carribbean on a table of 8, who all 'Dressed' for dinner formally every night. It made it special, it was our unnaminous choice and I noticed we got served first every night!!

Over the top - maybe, but I would never dream of going out to dinner without a necktie- even to friends, so why would i do less on holiday.

Keep happy

What's this???? An Englishman in a kilt????

Explain yourself sir.

Next thing you know we'll be having lap dancers dressed in a burkha

Jings...I know!! I was horrified too ;) !!

My plan...once the dust settles on this thread and I have some time to gather my thoughts I will print out a proper copy of the rules and the responses to mail to Jack. I think most progressive companies listen to their clients and while they may be getting the slanted idea that thier customers only want it CHEAPER, we are a voice that makes it clear that we want it BETTER, and we understand we'll have to pay fairly for that privilage.

icon1.gifXsnobs

"How wonderful! Please accept us for membership in the group. When the final rules are compiled, I think all members should print a copy and post them on their cabin door to help remind us and everyone else onboard of how to behave. Thanks for the terrific post."

EJBMORR

ejbmorr; hello, as xsnob members I feel it is my duty to point out a problem with your suggestion. AkaWanda and I have been given permission to use our door decore as we had it prior to the formation of the snobs. I do believe it has been decided that all new decore is in violation of the charter? I may need clarification but do think you idea, although a good one, would be unacceptable. However, there would be no violation if you had several hundred copies of the information and passed them out as people walked by your cabin door.... :D ........(printed in fun)

Perhap we could wander the halls at night and slide copies under pax doors...I volunteer to sail non-stop for years on end to educate new cruise patrons.

We need a sponsor!! A standard outside cabin and my bar bill covered...I don't ask much!

Just give me a free cabin! Sorry, Danno, I could even make do with an obstructed view!

I wonder if Jack would be interested in adding this to the lecture series? I hereby volunteer. Tell you what, Danno, you take the hard winter months so you can get out of Canada and I'll take the others.

Fair? :D

Char, Bill and Marilyn, shame on you. Gossiping about me and Gerald! Is that how a good XSNOB should behave? All kidding aside, it is nice to talk to all of you guys again. When are you cruising next? We are on the 12/5/04 Infinity sailing to Hawaii and the 9/10/05 westbound transatlantic on Connie. Next time we ALL get on the piano.

In the meantime, I need an opinion before I do something that might be contrary to the XSNOB rules. There is another post on the board from a nice young man asking about holding the "mustard drill" on Mercury. Should I tell him the I usually hold my mustard drill in my left hand, that if you buy the squeeze bottles of mustard you don't need a drill or would it be best to just give him a safety briefing on the electrocution hazards of holding your mustard drill while taking a shower? Please help me. Newt? Where are you?

Linda

Linda,

One must be careful will doing the Mustard Drill in the shower, especially if you are left handed. ;)

We just booked the Connie Xatlantic for 9/10/2005. Now if we can get Char to do it!!!

Bill & Marilynn

Should I tell him the I usually hold my mustard drill in my left hand, that if you buy the squeeze bottles of mustard you don't need a drill or would it be best to just give him a safety briefing on the electrocution hazards of holding your mustard drill while taking a shower? Please help me. Newt? Where are you?

Linda

I will gladly take the responsibility for passing out the flyers containing the complete and unabridged list of rules, but only if they are engraved on the letterhead of the group and I get to wear a suitable uniform for the task.

I'll begin packing. Is it a six month assignment? Please, please.

Anxious to be part of the crew! DW, DSD, and I are doing our first X cruise this December on the Constellation and can't wait. We're looking forward to a full dining room on the last night and seeing shorts, tee shirts, and flip flops, in all areas OUTSIDE of the dining room. After 7 other cruises we're hoping to see things as they should be.

Count DH Rick and I in! I vote for an XSNOBS group cruise!! When and where doesn't really matter as long as it's exclusive because it will be such an enjoyable pleasure! :) And just think--if we have a roll call thread we won't have any posters asking about the what they can "get away with" wearing on formal and informal nights!! :rolleyes:

Melody

We're looking forward to a full dining room on the last night and seeing shorts, tee shirts, and flip flops, in all areas OUTSIDE of the dining room.
Hopefully it is even better than than that...proper attire is supposed to be maintained in all public rooms on given nights. Outside of designated casual areas, the rules should be enforced and dress codes adhered to...oh to dream!!

Will you be wearing the Yum Yum man's costume while handing out those flyers? I've just learned about him and as Lois is going on HAL maybe she can bring us back a spare costume!

I'm just not sure that is the appropriate uniform for an XSNOB. Lets think this through carefully before we decide. I think I was visualizing more in the line

of an elegant gown and accessories, but it would be up to the XSNOB Board

of Directors to decide.

My wife and I would like to join but we've not sailed on Celebrity yet. Can we qualify as "junior" members? Pledges? We're probably HALSnobs but are trying Celebrity because HAL is losing some of its elegance and service. Promise to dress appropriately at all times. And, if I'm allowed, would suggest tux and evening gown for the "official" uniforms. :D

Archived