Anniversary Celebration....what do you think?

sail7seas

DH and I will be celebrating our 35th Anniversary (assuming we make it) about 3 1/2 weeks after we return from our upcoming Maasdam cruise.

While it will not technically yet be our anniversary while we are aboard, I am considering this to be our celebration and as such, would love to have a small cake "to cut".

Seeing as "technically speaking" we will not be aboard on the actual date.....would you call that Cheating?

We have always celebrated either a birthday or Anniversery on one of our cruise. It has been our TA that has always put in for it. We usually are cruising within a few weeks of one. This coming November we cruise on November 13th and we will be celebrating my 50th :eek: (No I am not ashamed to tell my age especially since Dh is already there.)

Our very first cruise was 10 days before our 25th Anniversery and I was really impressed. Also HAL's cake they give is really tasty. It is like a yellow cake with a hint of cinnimon (not sure I spelled that right)

Happy Up Coming Anniversery!!!!:D

s7s - You're definitely not cheating. 35 years is 12784 days (taking into account 9 leap years). Now you're talking about being off by 3 1/2 weeks (or about 24 or 25 days). But if you consider it 3 1/2 weeks out of 35 years you're only off by 0.19%. I think that's statistically close enough to be considered 35 years.;)

So have a nice big piece of cake for me too.

Happy anniversary,

Orcrone

PS If you still feel that you're cheating, just book another cruise so you will be cruising on your anniversary.:D

I could be wrong about this, BUT, I seem to remember when my aunt the NUN celebrated her 25th and 50th jubilee, she picked a day she thought would be convieniant for all family members. She wasn't celebrating the day she made final vows but the year she made them.

35yrs. is something to be proud of no matter what the day.

Have a good one,

Pat.

Sail --

Congrats!! That is quite a milestone!!

Have you considered renewing your vows onboard? Mrs AirGorilla and I renewed our vows on HAL on our 5th anniversary, on Crystal on our 10th, and plan to do it again on Crystal next year in the Baltic on our 15th. It is a wonderful ceremony, and I recommend it highly.

Again, congrats and have a terrific trip!!

S7S - I think anyone who makes it to 35 years of marriage deserves to celebrate in any manner they choose. It's not cheating to celebrate on your cruise. How wonderful it is that you are blessed with a marriage that long. Good for you!

Superstien.. you are starting to look like someone who is enjoying being disruptive in almost every thread you are participating in the past few days. You are coming across more negatively than positive. Give it a rest.

S7S-

We too will be guilty of holding off to celebrate our 1st anniversary until Dec. 2, the day we get aboard the Rotterdam.:eek: We took our honeymoon on the Amsterdam last year and we feel that this is a tradition we can get used too! ;) Yes it would be ideal if we could sail on our most special of days, but life happens and it means adjusting to it.

As we are all aware, some come into the Boards just to stir it up, the less reaction they get, the sooner they will go away, kinda like the neighborhood bully.

My hat is off to you and your husband for 35 years of matrimony!!! I say celebrate on the ship on when you can enjoy and relax, life is too short not too!!!!:cool: P.S. You might plan your special night around a table for 2 at a window table in the Pinnacle!

Thank you everyone who shared their good wishes. I greatly appreciate all of your nice messages.

At no place in my message did I imply I intended to lie to anyone. It is not possible for us to be away on the actual date of our anniversary. We celebrated our 20th, 25th, and 30th Anniversaries and several "non-milestone" ones as well aboard an HAL ship and, God willing, WILL celebrate this one aboard "MY Maasdam".

I am just so very grateful to have such a dear, wonderful husband.....whether we have a cake or not really is not relevant and I should not have even mentioned it. As long as we are together, that is all that matters to me.

Congratulations on your milestone!

I can't think of a better way to celebrate your anniversary that take a cruise.

As some one suggested, the renewal of vows ceremony as performed by the ship's captain, would certainly make this anniversary even more special. We celebrated our 30th that way on the Prinsendam this May, although our anniversary was actually a week later.

And...we both turn 65 on November 25 and to celebrate, we are taking the Canada/New Emgland cruise from Oct. 20 to 30 and we intend to celebrate our birthdays on this sailing.

HAPPY SAILING,

Carol Ann

With our next New Years cruise, it will be our fifth year in a row to celebrate our anniversary aboard ship. Nothing close to 35 years, however. As a former widower I am on my second life which I am sharing with Rita. It will be our eight year of marriage and a cruise makes it extra special and romantic. Our wedding anniversary date is Jan 18th and we actually have only been on one ship on that date. All the others, including our upcoming cruise, were within one to two weeks of the actual date. We never considered it cheating by celebrating a little early or a little later.

:) :)

DH and I will be celebrating our 35th Anniversary (assuming we make it) about 3 1/2 weeks after we return from our upcoming Maasdam cruise.

While it will not technically yet be our anniversary while we are aboard, I am considering this to be our celebration and as such, would love to have a small cake "to cut".

Seeing as "technically speaking" we will not be aboard on the actual date.....would you call that Cheating?

I believe that S7S is asking a question here. In no way does she state that she WILL celebrate an anniversary even though it is not the exact date. I would not call anyone a hypocrite for merely asking a simple question. And furthermore, I don't see anyone designated on this entire board to be the judge and jury of anyone else's actions. I believe they have people like Doug, etc. to take care of that.

I think it is wonderful that you have been married 35 years minus 24 days. Give each other a big hug and a kiss under the stars because you have been blessed. :D ;) :D

I doubt very many people actually go on their special day if they are working due to holiday constrints. I know my husband had he lived to go on a cruise with me would have done it after the fact. We were married in Nov (25) but could not go due to busy time of year for him until the following Jan.

O.T. --- Say, Keith, has anyone asked you before if you're related to RevNeal? Your photo avatars sure bring up a striking resemblance IMO. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice it? (And congratulations on your "second life.")

Congrats S7S on such a milestone. IMHO you should celebrate it whenever it is convenient for you to do so. We are having a party (as we do every year) for DH's birthday and it is always on a Saturday when no-one is working - but his birthday is not on a Saturday every year!

PS Don't tell anyone but I have managed to have my 60th birthday during our next cruise.

Congratulations and of course you should celebrate it on board! Our anniversary is in January but we celebrated our 10th and 20th on Alaska cruises and our 25th on our Baltic cruise. Obviously we couldn't do those in January but the trips were our celebrations and we did get a cake for them. Next year we will actually be on the ship for our real anniversary but it's rare we can arrange to do it that week exactly.

I am just so very grateful to have such a dear, wonderful husband.....whether we have a cake or not really is not relevant and I should not have even mentioned it. As long as we are together, that is all that matters to me.

Sail, go and have a blast! Why don't you purchase (or hint and have family purchase FOR you) one of the special packages? On my parents' cruise last month (on your Maasdam!) Chris and I gave them the "Romantic Voyage" package and a full wine package. We didn't tell them about it ahead of time, and they were VERY surprised. :) It's a nice touch.

Rev.....What a lovely gift to have given your parents.

Thank you for your nice message, Rev, and thank you to everyone for your good wishes.

Considering the seriousness of my illness earlier this year and what we struggled through to get me "back up and running'...so to speak, this is going to be one "dam" very special celebration.

I have no plans to let anyone rain on this parade. Afterall, ;) we've waited 35 years For It!!!

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations to everyone here who mentioned their special days. I hope we all celebrate many happy times with the ones we love.

Say, Keith, has anyone asked you before if you're related to RevNeal? Your photo avatars sure bring up a striking resemblance IMO.

Hmmm ... I'm not so sure. I have (some) hair on top. :)

See?

revneal104.jpg

S7S, my DH and I will be celebrating our 11th anniversary on "your Maasdam" the week after next, a month after the official date. Last year, we celebrated our tenth two months early on Celebrity's Galaxy. I am very lucky to have found my wonderful husband a little later in life than most first time brides. Every cruise I take with him is a celebration! How lucky you are to have had 35 years together! (And may you have many more)

Sail.....

After all YOU have endured this past year ...... after all YOUR DH has endured this past year ..... these are enough reasons for you not to put off anything that matters! And, what better place than your home away from home .... on YOUR Maasdam! Who cares about a few weeks? Go and CELEBRATE and don't even think twice about it!!! Celebrate 35 wonderful years together AND celebrate every single day you have together!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think it's absolutely wonderful!!! :)

S7S - Congratulations! 35 years is quite a milestone..so nice to read that they have been happy years! May you enjoy 35 more together!!

I seem to recall reading posts from you about enjoying formal nights - what better opportunity to celebrate your special occassion? Perhaps your cruise will be under a full moon? Nothing is more romantic than star gazing at sea with the one you love!

Every day we have with our loved one is a gift. Enjoy your cruise and plan a special celebration - Then on your special day back "on land" you can remember fondly the special evening at sea that you choose to celebrate your 35 years together!

My dad was with the US Immigration service..he worked many holidays. Our family celebrations were held many, many times before and after the actual holiday. We always had a delightful day, and we have many fond memories of our celebrations.

So..plan a special celebration for your 35th during your cruise..and have a wonderful time.

Congratulations,

Peggy Sue

Congratulations sail7seas! 35 years is a Great milestone! May you have many more years together!

My DH and I will be having a delayed 30th anniversary celebration. We will be sailing exactly 5 months to the day of our anniversary. I am also celebrating the big "5 oh" only now it's "5 oh and 1/2". We had to wait for our cruise due to numerous work commitments. Anyway we will just be celebrating a little longer. Just made this year a little more special.

Keep on planning for your cruise and may you have many more! Have all the cake you want and ice cream too! azgymgal

Archived