****Live from the Grand Princess****

T&J

WHEW! I'm tired just listening to your day. We've done that; marathon Rome. Never took the hop on/off; next time, with you as the guide.

Have a good night at the office. BTW, you can't seem to pass on that Straccitella huh? :rolleyes:

Arlene

WHEW! I'm tired just listening to your day. We've done that; marathon Rome. Never took the hop on/off; next time, with you as the guide.

Have a good night at the office. BTW, you can't seem to pass on that Straccitella huh? :rolleyes:

Arlene

I am like Milt....can't pass up ice cream!

Tony and Javier

:cool: :eek: :cool:

For those of you that had asked about the Entertainmnt here is the run down for tonight!

Princess Theatre: 8:30 and 10:30pm "Comedy Time" with Kevin Devane

Vista Lounge 8:45-10:45pm "Shake, Rattle and & Roll"

Explorers Lounge 8:45-9:30pm and 10:30pm until late "Los Paisanos"

Skywalkers 9:30-10:30pm 50's & 60's and DJ Midnight & onwards.

Wheelhouse Bar 5:30-9:00pm Prestigio Quartet

Atrium Lobby 6:00-9:00pm Enjoy music of resident musicians

Promenade Lounge 9:00pm until late Paul Burton Pianist

M.U.T.S. 8:00 and 10:30pm Firewall with Harrison Ford

Just came back from the gym and surprisingly it wasn't packed at 5:30pm until 6:15pm. I've had to get used to signing up again on a ship as on the Pacific Princess you do not need to sign up for a treadmill.

Tonight in the Da Vinci Dinning Room is Greek Night....strange they wouldn't save taht one for when we are in Athens in several days time?

Also made a mistake regarding the Most Travelled Luncheon...it is now on the 18th of August the last sea day instead of the first and it is at 12 noon in the Bottecelli Dinning Room.

Mor to follow later tonight from the Grand Princess where life is Grand so far!...stay tuned!

Tony and Javier

Slight change of plans...Javier was running late from his workout in the gym so going to dinner now at 8:00pm instead...god I am hungry!

Tony and Javier

Billy London is the CD onboard and apparently he is scheduled to be here when you are guys will be onboard.

Captain is Nicolo Bommarco as well.

Tony and Javier

We had him two week ago, Very good indeed. We saw the Captain a few times in the restaurant but he wasn't too chatty.

Another character who may still be on board is Paul Burton who plays the piano in the promenade bar every evening. He has a wicked sense of humour and can sing well too.

Can't believe its two weeks now since we got the Grand. Will play the Princess DVD of our cruise tomorrow when my mum comes over. We got filmed a couple of times so just had to buy the DVD cos of it!! I bet every other passenger is on it too and thought the same thing. I'm a sucker!

Cheers

Peter

Hi again Tony -

I am loving your posts! You saw so much in Rome - I hope I can do that much when I get there. We are flying in the day before we leave for the cruise and will have all day and then the next AM.

What is the Quirinale? Will all the reading I have been doing about the ports we are stopping in I have never heard of it.

Sounds like you are having a great time - THANKS for posting and sharing your trip with us.

Lynn

What is the Quirinale? Will all the reading I have been doing about the ports we are stopping in I have never heard of it.

Lynn

Lynn, the Quirinale is a beautiful old world hotel right in the center of Rome. It's located near Trevi and not far from Via Veneto.

Arlene

Tony

Still loving your posts. Thanks for answering all of our questions. Sounds like you are having a great time!

I have another question for you. Would you be able to find out for me the cost of a bottle of Dom Perignon. I'm trying to determine if it is a better price to pre-order it, or just wait until I am on board. The pre-order price is $167.

We've never had it - have no idea if it is the best - but we always said we'd have a bottle on our 25th Anniversary and that is what we are going to do (we'll be in Mykonos on the lovely Grand, so that will definitely add to the "flavour" of the Dom!);)

Thanks again!

We plan on taking this cruise in 08 and are enjoying living vicariously through you. What a surprise to see Paul Burton on your list of the Grand's entertainment! We enjoyed him so much when we cruised on the Golden in the Western Caribbean several years ago. He's wonderful with Cole Porter - we play his CD often (even took it with us on our Alaska cruise this year so we could listen to him as we drove into the Yukon and up to Denali). Not that he'll remember us, but just in case could you tell him Barbara and Paul from Santa Monica say "hi" if you have a chance. Thanks.

We had him two week ago, Very good indeed. We saw the Captain a few times in the restaurant but he wasn't too chatty.

Another character who may still be on board is Paul Burton who plays the piano in the promenade bar every evening. He has a wicked sense of humour and can sing well too.

Can't believe its two weeks now since we got the Grand. Will play the Princess DVD of our cruise tomorrow when my mum comes over. We got filmed a couple of times so just had to buy the DVD cos of it!! I bet every other passenger is on it too and thought the same thing. I'm a sucker!

Cheers

Peter

Paul Burton Rocks!!!

Ron

Hi Tony,

LOVE reading about your travels. You have a wonderfully smart way of traveling and making the most of your time in each port! When you and Milt & Arlene come through San Francisco next spring, how much time do you have? I live in Palo Alto (about 45 min. away from the city) and would love to have you all over for dinner or to stay over if you'd like.

We were on the Grand doing a Mediterranean cruise Barcelona to Istanbul in Aug. 2000. Must say that size of that ship isn't my favorite. Too big to get to know people very well, and Aug. in Europe is crowded enough!

Looking forward to your next installment. I will travel vicariously through you this summer:-)

Suzie

Would you ask and see if Amere from the Philip. at the coffee bar is still on the ship. If he is tell him sir John and Kelli says hello. If you see Jon from Brittian do the same. They are the best!!!!!!

Tony

Still loving your posts. Thanks for answering all of our questions. Sounds like you are having a great time!

I have another question for you. Would you be able to find out for me the cost of a bottle of Dom Perignon. I'm trying to determine if it is a better price to pre-order it' date=' or just wait until I am on board. The pre-order price is $167.

We've never had it - have no idea if it is the best - but we always said we'd have a bottle on our 25th Anniversary and that is what we are going to do (we'll be in Mykonos on the lovely Grand, so that will definitely add to the "flavour" of the Dom!);)

Thanks again![/quote']

The price is $115.00 for Dom and $50.00 for Veuve Cliquot...(my favorite)...although at $115.00 it is certainly a great price.

Tony

Hi again Tony -

I am loving your posts! You saw so much in Rome - I hope I can do that much when I get there. We are flying in the day before we leave for the cruise and will have all day and then the next AM.

Sounds like you are having a great time - THANKS for posting and sharing your trip with us.

Lynn

Arlene just answered the Quirinale part of your question...

You should have ample time to sample some of the sights in Rome...doing the "hop on hop off" may be the right thing for you as well since you have limited time in Rome.

Tony

Hi Tony,

LOVE reading about your travels. You have a wonderfully smart way of traveling and making the most of your time in each port! When you and Milt & Arlene come through San Francisco next spring, how much time do you have? I live in Palo Alto (about 45 min. away from the city) and would love to have you all over for dinner or to stay over if you'd like.

We were on the Grand doing a Mediterranean cruise Barcelona to Istanbul in Aug. 2000. Must say that size of that ship isn't my favorite. Too big to get to know people very well, and Aug. in Europe is crowded enough!

Looking forward to your next installment. I will travel vicariously through you this summer:-)

Suzie

Suzie I hve made no plans as of yet for our arrival into SFO...tahnk you for the offer! Arlene what about you guys?

I agree usually a Grand Class ship isn't my first choice either, however doig the Med on Princess you have no choice other than the Sea Princess and she does a different Med itinerary or until next year when the Royal comes into service.

Tony

Would you ask and see if Amere from the Philip. at the coffee bar is still on the ship. If he is tell him sir John and Kelli says hello. If you see Jon from Brittian do the same. They are the best!!!!!!

Ok will do this morning and try and look for them...I am in the Library across the way.

Tony

We plan on taking this cruise in 08 and are enjoying living vicariously through you. What a surprise to see Paul Burton on your list of the Grand's entertainment! We enjoyed him so much when we cruised on the Golden in the Western Caribbean several years ago. He's wonderful with Cole Porter - we play his CD often (even took it with us on our Alaska cruise this year so we could listen to him as we drove into the Yukon and up to Denali). Not that he'll remember us, but just in case could you tell him Barbara and Paul from Santa Monica say "hi" if you have a chance. Thanks.

OMG all these Paul Burton fans...now you got me wondering to go and check him out at some point!

Tony

Good Morning from Naples, Italy (Napoli)....were the local passtime is run over a tourist!

We have just been cleared by local authorities here in Naples, Italy at 6:50am. Did we'll in the "office" last night and went to go and find Javier and Sharon at the MUTS only to find them passed out cold sleeping!!!

Went to bed shortly after midnight and up at 6:30am this morning.

The weather today is sunny with a forecast high of 86F. The troops have decided to go ahead and rent the car at the port of Margellino (approx. 5 minutes by taxi from the ship) Hertz rent a car location for 22.50 euros a day. We are driving to Pompei (I know again for me) and then onwards to Sorrento for the afternoon and lunch and too make it back to the ship by 6:30pm as we set sail for Mykonos, Greece at 7:00pm.

I hope we have time too make a "pit stop" at Cartier for the rings today as I made enough $$$ last night to buy them! Shopping in Naples on a Saturday is not great as most stores close between 12 noon and 5:00pm for "siesta".

More to follow later today upon outr return from Pompei and Sorrento!

Tony and Javier

Ok folks off to go and get sleepy bones up and get some breakfast into us all and get to the car rental for 8:30am when they open....

More from Naples, Italy later today...

Tony and Javier

Suzie I hve made no plans as of yet for our arrival into SFO...tahnk you for the offer! Arlene what about you guys?

Tony

I just made a res at the Tuscan Inn (Fishermans Wharf) for two nights post cruise. I wanted to nail something down; can always cancel. Besides Suzie, I'd also like to see Dee and John (they may be in town; she's not sure yet). No air yet, so we're still flexible. Any other ideas?

We absolutely love Sorrento; stayed there for a whole week some years ago. Hope you had fun today. Keep cool; that Med sun is a killer!

Arlene

The price is $115.00 for Dom and $50.00 for Veuve Cliquot...(my favorite)...although at $115.00 it is certainly a great price.

Thank you Tony. You just saved me $$$! As I said, the pre-order price is $167 for Dom Perignon.

LOVING your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know if you get your rings.

Thank you Tony. You just saved me $$$! As I said' date=' the pre-order price is $167 for Dom Perignon.

LOVING your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know if you get your rings.[/quote']

Personally Veuve Cliquot is my favorite as well and also Krug...I wish the carried the Grand Dame Veuve Cliquot which is even better!

Couldn't get our rings at Cartier in Naples just now because they are closed until 6:00pm (for Siesta) and we must be onboard the ship by 6:30pm as we sail at 7:00pm for Mykonos, Greece.

Tony and Javier

I just made a res at the Tuscan Inn (Fishermans Wharf) for two nights post cruise. I wanted to nail something down; can always cancel. Besides Suzie, I'd also like to see Dee and John (they may be in town; she's not sure yet). No air yet, so we're still flexible. Any other ideas?

We absolutely love Sorrento; stayed there for a whole week some years ago. Hope you had fun today. Keep cool; that Med sun is a killer!

Arlene

I haven't made any plans yet Arlene except my plane ticket is booked on points but I am sure I could get my friend in Aeroplan to change it for me no problem with some advance warning if you wanted to see Suzie as well.

Tony

Archived