And yet another past guest party question

HarleyGirl

Please let me apologize first because I know this has been asked numerous times, but my search function is not working. It just hangs up and I've tried it several times today. So, my question is, if I am a past guest, but my cabin mate is on her first cruise, can she attend the past guest party with me? I certainly will not go if she can't because that would be pretty mean.

I've seen different answers on this one. From they don't check the invites to everyone in the cabin is invited to only the past cruiser is invited. Personally, I wouldn't take someone to a past guest party who wasn't a past guest and why do you say it's "mean"? How is it mean to attend something you're invited to for an hour or so? I think she can find something to do during that time, don't you?

If a husband was a past cruiser and was invited, his now wife would not be allowed to attend?

It seems to me that common sense would dictate that a guest would be allowed.

I would arrive with my guest and if asked, would state that my friend is my guest and if not allowed, I, as a past guest, would not attend.

It's never nice to ditch a friend, especially for a party

If a husband was a past cruiser and was invited, his now wife would not be allowed to attend?

I would arrive with my guest and if asked, would state that my friend is my guest and if not allowed, I, as a past guest, would not attend.

Going somewhere for an hour or so is not "ditching" a friend. It's the mentality I see everyday that "that's not fair". Oh well, life isn't fair and if you haven't cruised you aren't a Past Guest. Simple! I'm not seeing this is a big deal. Ditching a friend would be leaving them all day to go do something with someone else just because you felt like it. An hour is something an adult can deal with.

I couldn't agree more. I'm sure one's new spouse (or potential spouse) would just jump at the chance to sail on Carnival again when she was told to "go do something else for an hour or so" so her hubby, who cruised with his college buddies five years ago, could party with the other past cruisers. If it were me, and I wasn't invited to be with my husband for an hour long reception . . . next cruise sure as heck wouldn't be on the cruise line that rejected me.

I can totally understand not allowing "guests" (plural) of a gold card member to attend this reception. But, when one is traveling with a new spouse (or in my case, my son), I think they should be able to accompy their spouse or mom. I know that if my isn't allowed to accompany me . . . I sure as heck am not going alone. (Just as an aside . . . my son is a twenty-nine year old helicopter pilot with the Coast Gurard who has done air and sea rescues from cruise ships out of Miami. He many not have sailed on Carnival before, but he sure has heck has hovered over many cruise ships . . . Carnival included.)

Well the past guest party is more like 45 minutes rather than an hour, personally I would want the break if you are that tied to the hip.

My opinion Spouse, SO, best friend, let them go when they have earned the opportunity to go. I remember wanting to do my second cruise to attend the party - you will take that away from them by spoiling them. We only attend every other time or so depending, it is not that big of deal to miss it.

If they are not a past guest they should not attend, if you insist on being bringing them, please go to the Pursers desk and get them an invitation so at least they have a correct count to provide service for. On the Liberty in December they ran out of everything - it was in the show room, not enough servers and no publicly accessible bar - terrible event.

Past guests that are not platinum get so few perks - taking someone who truly has not earned the right to be there is wrong - if your loyalty is so strong - skip it yourself as well and attend with them next time - that would make it special. IMHO

Okay, maybe this is really a stupid question. But what do they have at this past guest party that is so fun??? Never been to one but I am going on our second cruise shortly so I am interested to know.

Okay, maybe this is really a stupid question. But what do they have at this past guest party that is so fun??? Never been to one but I am going on our second cruise shortly so I am interested to know.

For most it is the fact that they are getting FREE drinks. There is a drawing from the invitations for a gift. Did I mention FREE drinks. Sometimes they make announcements of what is going on with Carnival as everyone sits around and drinks the FREE drinks.

Dave

hors d'oeuvres and all the coctails you can drink.:D

Just got off Glory last Saturday.

Apparently in the old days they sent one invitation to the stateroom, and that facilitated inviting guests, as multiple persons were expected to come under one invitation.

Now they provide a separate invitation for each past guest with their name printed on it.

A host/hostess collects the invitations at the door of the lounge where the party is held. This may make it more difficult to bring a friend.

I would suggest a call to the purser's office before the party to clear it up.

Because the lounge where the party was held was not full last week, it was very easy to get drink refills, and the party was not overcrowded and was pleasant.

They also sell past guests 10 tickets to the free cruise raffle for $20 (instead of the customary three).

There is also a drawing from the party invitations of those in attendance for a free bottle of champagne.

And you do get the cute Carnival souvenir pin with your ship's name on it.

They also sell past guests 10 tickets to the free cruise raffle for $20 (instead of the customary three).

Oh, say it isn't so!:eek:

The 'selling' has overflowed into the Past Guest party? How very tacky!

Hi there. On Carnival cruises of five nights or longer, there is a Past Guest party, by invitation only. The invitation will be sent to your cabin, along with a ship's lapel pin (or the pin may be handed to you as you enter the party). The party is not announced in the Capers, as it's a private party.

A combo plays, the Captain and Cruise Director are in attendance. The Captain welcomes everybody back , and draws a name or two for bottles of champagne. They show a "History of Carnival" that is about a 10 minute film. VERY interesting. Servers pass around comp cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. You can also go to the bar set up in that room and get whatever you want to drink...comp. It's a very nice party, lasts around 45 minutes.

I have always enjoyed the PG parties until recently, when too many NON past guests are in attendance - making it 'way too crowded and not comfortable to attend.

In my opinion, they have not 'earned' the right to attend. (I would make exception to ONE guest attending with a spouse/friend if only the two of them are cruising together.) What gets me is when a past guest wants to have several of his group go with him.:rolleyes:

(I would make exception to ONE guest attending with a spouse/friend if only the two of them are cruising together.) What gets me is when a past guest wants to have several of his group go with him.:rolleyes:

I agree.

ONE guest would be reasonable, any more than that would be excessive.

It's all about manners and politeness, boys and girls

I agree.

ONE guest would be reasonable, any more than that would be excessive.

It's all about manners and politeness, boys and girls

I also agree with this. My DH and I are traveling in November with a family group of 11. We are the only ones with past guest status. I would never assume that the other 9 could come along with us.

I also agree with a previous poster that the OP should contact the Purser's desk and request an invitation for her traveling companion. I would think they would provide one for her given the circumstances.

I see my sister maybe once every 1-2 years, so she's going with me. If it isn't acceptable, we can just leave. (That is...unless she had something else in mind anyway?)

This is my first 5+ day cruise since my initial one in 2000...I'll just have to take my chances on the Celebration; I think you should, too.

And what if a past guest is in a cabin with 3 other first time cruisers, should they then all be allowed? I don't think so, past guest is a thank you to those who choose to sail again with Carnival. They want to attend a past guest party, book again.

Here's a question for you...

My DD who is 12 will be sharing a cabin with her grandmother. My DD is a past cruiser. Will she be invited? Her grandmother is not a past cruiser. DH & I will be there, but we are in different cabins. While DD of course, will not be enjoying the free drinks, she would get a kick out of the pin.

Here's a question for you...

My DD who is 12 will be sharing a cabin with her grandmother. My DD is a past cruiser. Will she be invited? Her grandmother is not a past cruiser. DH & I will be there, but we are in different cabins. While DD of course, will not be enjoying the free drinks, she would get a kick out of the pin.

Yes, your daughter will receive the invitation along with the pin in her cabin. They also serve non-alcoholic drinks.

Dave

Archived