What's the least you've paid for a Minisuite?

GuyInLA

That's an awfully open-ended question since pricing is so varied, depending on the ship, embarkation city, itinerary, time of the year, etc. For instance, you can't compare the pricing for the first week of December with the last week departing from FLL; with the Caribbean vs. Alaska or the British Isles; etc. Could you be more specific?

Was last year on the Golden Princess in June. June 10th and June 20th sailings British Isles and WEstern Europe b2b cruises $1099.00 per person for ech 10 day cruise and we got upgraded to a PH Suite cabin 402 Santorini Suite....that was nice!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Paid $949.00pp for an AB minisuite 7 night E Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess leaving next week.

Thats a good price for an AB. We paid $1049 for our Mini AB on CB Sept 9th sailing to W. Caribbean. I was really happy with that. We booked a few months ago.

usually those lower prices are for the AE/AD:D

Thats a good price for an AB. We paid $1049 for our Mini AB on CB Sept 9th sailing to W. Caribbean. I was really happy with that. We booked a few months ago.

usually those lower prices are for the AE/AD:D

minnie- did you know that there is a roll call set up for that date? Come on over and meet the group:) The more the merrier:)

What's the least per person d/o fare you have paid for an assigned (not a guarantee) minisuite on a seven day cruise? Winning it on wheel of fortune doesn't count... nor does daddy's wedding gift. :)

9/14/02-Grand Princess-$850 and then we were upgraded to a suite.

$999 last year on the Caribbean Princess. 6 of us all got that price for an AB mini; actually 3 mini's in a row which made for a nice large balcony when we had them open the doors.

Paid a little more for the Crown this year but that is a longer cruise and a new ship - still not complaining as we got a great price.

$1000 pp for an assigned AA minisuite and $900 per person for an assigned AB mini. I am picker about being midship when we sail during hurricane season so I pay a bit extra for a mini directly in the middle of the ship.

I have actually never seen the prices for guarantees on Princess lower than assigned cabins, so not sure where that is coming from. Did I miss something with the gurantee vs. assigned and the gurantee being less expensive?

$899. Booked a balcony 2 weeks before sailing on the Carnival Triumph. Got in line, checked in, got to our cabin and thought WOW what a room! Got a Penthouse Suite.

It was fantastic.

Now for the truth. Called to make reservations 2 weeks before the cruise as I seen a decent price on the web. A balcony was $799. For $1050 could get a mini suite. Said will take it but it was a guarantee cat. Got put into a Penthouse suite which was about the size of 2 mini suites.

$1000 pp for an assigned AA minisuite and $900 per person for an assigned AB mini. I am picker about being midship when we sail during hurricane season so I pay a bit extra for a mini directly in the middle of the ship.

I have actually never seen the prices for guarantees on Princess lower than assigned cabins, so not sure where that is coming from. Did I miss something with the gurantee vs. assigned and the gurantee being less expensive?

Well Toto... on the Diamond for example, an AD is now a "guarantee" category. You can't get a room assigned if you book an AD. The category consists of two cabins... the sought after furthest aft mini's on Emerald. So you can't reserve those rooms specifically anymore (which infuriates me... but whatever)... so the AD (guarantee only) is often less expensive than an assigned AC, AB, etc. But I'm sure a guarantee AB, AC would be the same price within the same category, you're right.

We are paying $1,429 for an assigned AA Mini (D416) on the Diamond Alaska Southbound 9/9. I have not seen a lower price anywhere since we booked. Princess was running a CC special last year (8/05-10/05) for all 06 Alaska sailings. Pay EBD fare for BA Balcony and receive upgrade to highest available catagory Mini Suite. While I know this does not compare to Caribbean pricing it is by far the best I have seen for Alaska.

Mike A,

Did you use a TA or book directly through Princess?

Princess shows that sailing completley sold out and waitlisted in every cat.

Mini's were last at $1549 so you probably did ok.

It is strange though for a Sept Alaska cruise to be sold out like that though.

Even though I'm the OP, I guess I can share mine. I currently have an AB mini, Nov 25th Mex Riv on the Dimond booked for $899 pp. I assume from all these responses I don't have to keep my eyes peeled that sharply for much of a price reduction. :)

Did you use a TA or book directly through Princess?

Princess shows that sailing completley sold out and waitlisted in every cat.

Mini's were last at $1549 so you probably did ok.

It is strange though for a Sept Alaska cruise to be sold out like that though.

We booked through a T/A who gave us an additional $25 pp Return Customer discount which reduced the actual price to $1,404 pp. I think the ship sold out early (since July) due to the specials they ran as soon as they opened the Alaska sailings up. In particuar the 9/9 sailing since it was the least expensive sailing of the season other than the first May sailing.

Well Toto... on the Diamond for example, an AD is now a "guarantee" category. You can't get a room assigned if you book an AD. The category consists of two cabins... the sought after furthest aft mini's on Emerald. So you can't reserve those rooms specifically anymore (which infuriates me... but whatever)... so the AD (guarantee only) is often less expensive than an assigned AC, AB, etc. But I'm sure a guarantee AB, AC would be the same price within the same category, you're right.

OK, yes, I know about that, guess I was reading it incorrectly. Thanks for the clarification though. ;)

Here's a copy of our receipt for our up comming B2B cruise.

Cruise Ship: Caribbean Princess

Date of Cruise: 9/23/06

Length of cruise: 7 nights

# of travelers: 2

Cost of cruise pp: $636.89

Port charges & NCF pp: $144.00

Taxes/govt. fees pp: $58.00

Transfers r/t pp: $

Travel Insurance pp: $113pp plus a $5 policy fee paid direct to Global

Alert and covers both weeks of your cruise through 10/7/06

Total cost: $1678.00

The second leg was about the same price. Port charges were a little different.

Found these prices on Princess web site and criuse agent was able to match it.

Forgot to mention this was for AE gty. Sorry I know you were not going for gty but this is what we have. Still a pretty good price. We were not even thinking of this for a cruise but could'nt pass it up. We like longer cruises so we did a b2b. Same price for the flight and motel just longer cruise.

Archived