Does anyone ever just stay in an inside room?

pickleo

You know we never stayed in an inside until our last cruise but I have never slept better. We never sleep late and we did because it was so dark. It is tight but not claustrophobic.

:) Thanks for the reassurance. My bestfriend is the one going with me. She's cruised in the past couple of years and says she really likes the inside cabin cause it's pitch black. Makes it nicer to sleep. A room that is approximately 10x10 is going to be tight. She keeps telling me that if I'd like to upgrade, that it would be fine. LOL

Still, I'm incredibly excited about the cruise!!!

We have had inside and oceanview. This year we have done 3 cruises so far and have 3 cruises booked for (sept. oct.& nov.) and looking for one in dec. consequently we probably do more inside than oceanview. If an oceanview is a good price we will do it ,we like the natural light. We spend very little time in the cabin because there is so much to do on board ship. We would rather spend less money and cruise more often.;)

We've done a bunch of cruises and I'd guess that the majority have been insides. It isn't just inside cabins either, but the lowest category we could get. Lower decks don't bother us and are preferable on real voyages like transatlantic cruises. Now that we are older and money isn't the issue that it once was we generally get an outside cabin, preferably a lower deck midships, but we will still grab a good deal on an inside. We've had balconys and they are nice but they aren't worth the price to us. It's more important for us to be able to afford to cruise 3 or 4 times a year.

My first three cruises were inside and they were fine and I had a great time but once I got a taste of the balcony and suites...NO WAY would I ever do an inside again...I'd stay home first!!

I truly mean it...if you told me I could cruise for free but had to stay in an inside, I wouldn't go.

A major part of our cruise experience is staying in a nice cabin. Not to say that we'll always do "top of the line" but it at least, has to have a balcony.

Did an Owners suite once...yes, it was a treat. D1 and JS are pretty much our thing.

I have stayed in oceaniew, balconies, and inside rooms. I really didn't think I would like an inside room, but I ended up sleeping so well the entire cruise! I do love oceanview and balconies, but the price truly dictates which type we choose. We really aren't in our rooms much. The two times I got great deals on balconies, I loved it! However, my husband said he didn't feel like he was on the balcony enough to merit any additional cost. Obviously, there are many out there who stay in inisde rooms, because most ships have a lot of inside rooms. My main preference is simply to not be on the bottom deck--other than that, inside, outside, or balcony is fine! Now, if they want to give me an upgrade, I certainly won't object!!!!!;)

I love inside cabins. Best price, cool (or warm as needed), and dark. Quiet and smoke free.

Outside is good for the view sometimes.

Balcony never. I can not stand the aggravation of the smoke and noise.

I love fresh air. The balcony usually gets second hand smoke. I love the sound of the ocean and ship. The balcomy usually has other people's music and conversations (you know too loud, sometimes the cell phone, etc.) I just get aggravated that I paid more to be aggravated.:o

I will be trying promenade for the first time this cruise. Sounds good to me.

We have stayed in only ocean view so far. Our DD stayed in an inside with her friend and she said it was fine. Have an aft balcony booked in a couple of weeks & an inside after that. Like some have said as long as I'm on the ship I could almost care less what kind of room I'm in. Just as long as I'm in it.:p

We've been in inside, ocean view, balcony, and concierge class cabins----we enjoyed them all----- 26 cruises. We've been upgraded to ocean view from inside cabins twice. For Alaska and Australia/New Zealand, we really enjoyed our balcony cabins. I would never stay home instead of cruising any cabin! We haven't really kept a count of how many of which cabins we've had------just how many cruises and how many wonderful friends we've met on all the cruises! That to me is the important thing.

We too usually book inside. Great sleeping. Again the question of the original poster. Why does it seem that eveyone posting seems to be suites, Royal Suites, Owner suites, CC suites, etc, etc,etc, and have nothing to do with insides? We go to the same ports, eat the same food, drink the same drinks, see the same shows, have the same good times?

Um some people do the ships are always full. I stayed in a regular inside cabin on the Crown princess. Its really not that big a deal.

Aint that the truth about insides not being a big deal. JS or regular balconey is the way to go! Now, the owners suit is a BIG DEAL!

We have only ever booked an inside room...the cost savings is more important to us so we can cruise more often. Would I like a balcony, Jr. suite, etc? Sure! But it's not worth it to us to spend an extra $1300 when we can be using that for other things. We are in our room very little. We wouldn't stay in our room any more if we had a higher priced one.

Trust me you would spend more time in your room if you had a balconey. Morning coffee, even breakfast out there is to die for. Evening cocktails, sail away from the different ports.

We have only ever booked an inside room...the cost savings is more important to us so we can cruise more often. Would I like a balcony, Jr. suite, etc? Sure! But it's not worth it to us to spend an extra $1300 when we can be using that for other things. We are in our room very little. We wouldn't stay in our room any more if we had a higher priced one.

Trust me you would spend more time in your room if you had a balcony. Morning coffee, even breakfast out there is to die for. Evening cocktails, sail away from the different ports.

We have had a balcony twice once on purpose and once as an upgrade. Didn't think they were worth the money. Tried the coffee/breakfast in the morning but my wife and I get up at such different times (me 5:30am her 9-10am) that is wasn't practicle. So out of two cruises we maybe spent 3hrs outside on the balcony and that was forced since we didn't want to waste it. Inside cabins are not really 10X10 either, they are mor like 12 by 15. We have had 3 and 4 in an inside many times and the only trouble was for me being they only male. Also my takes her service dog so that adds another body but there is always plenty of room.

We have stayed in oceanview on the Sovereign, Penthouse Suite on SS Norway(NCL), Promenade on the Mariner, Inside cabins on the Splendour, Serenade and in 3 weeks the Majesty. Any room is fine as long as the price is right and I'm on a cruise :D

We have stayed in both. Although we love the balcony - I spent alot of time out there on the Mariner in January - mostly to read in the early morning because I get up at 5 and DH and kids are late sleepers. When DH and I go alone we get an inside since it is just the two of us. I found the two insides we have done are roomy enough and comfortable. I just need a good sized bed for the two of us to cozy up on and I am fine;) .

Have only cruised twice and both with a balcony. We really enjoyed them and had breakfast in the morning, and cocktails as we sailed away from various ports late afternoon. Really think I'd be missing something in an inside room. Balcony connects you to the sea and the environment more in my opinion. I would miss a lot of sunrises and the excitement of arriving in new ports each day if I had an inside. But then maybe I would sleep in more.

Balcony on our upcoming 6 nighter on the Jewel was about $360 more for two of us. $60 a night seems a lot for just a balcony, but it really is worth it once you are on board.

I work in an office all week that has no windows, that's enough ;)

Before we started cruising, we did a lot of land based vacations, and again we always tried to get a hotel room with a balcony or patio and a view if we could swing it. We stay in Hampton Inns for short trips a lot, great hotels, but the lack of a balcony in all Hamptons is a real drawback. I mention this just for comparison, if anyone reading has never cruised before.

Our cruises have included one OV, three inside, and have a balcony on the Marnier for our 35th anniversary. I am looking forward to the balcony, but I also like the inside. As so many have said, I can go more often.

We always had inside cabins. We too like the savings so we can cruise more. We have the bed made into twin beds and it seems to be roomier. Gives us the center of the room to move around in. Also there are so many areas of the ship for lounging.
Jan

It was an easy choice for me to book inside on Mariner for next month. Higher priced balcony cabins have sofa beds not pullmans. My kids would not be as comfortable and fighting on a sofa bed. Only oceanview quad rooms are on lower decks 2 and 3. I like my cabin on deck 6 which is closer to promenade deck. I couldn't justify paying more for an oceanview which is what we almost always get.

we have been on about 16 cruises & have stayed inside, ouside &1 bolcony. that was alaska & it was 2 cold while we were circling around the glaciers 2 stay outside. we moved the sofa to the doors & stayed inside. we travel a lot & can travel more w/ inside cabins (which my husband loves 4 the darkness). when i go 2 the beach i want oceanfront because i like 2 sit & watch the waves. on cunard there is a caste system based on your catagorey so i will net cruise w/them. we also like other vacations like lv, beach, & all-inclusive @ least once a year.

Archived