Does anyone ever just stay in an inside room?

pickleo

yes, we've done 'em all. Have stayed in insides more often then others, bec/we tend to spend more then what the cruise cost on our sea pass bill...so need a cheaper cabin to have more fun. :)

Don't get me wrong JS was awesome, but will definitely stay on inside (did just recently have JS on MAy cruise and an inside on cruise a few weeks ago)...to go on a cruise more often.

We have only ever booked an inside room...the cost savings is more important to us so we can cruise more often. Would I like a balcony, Jr. suite, etc? Sure! But it's not worth it to us to spend an extra $1300 when we can be using that for other things. We are in our room very little. We wouldn't stay in our room any more if we had a higher priced one.

In 2004 we took our 4 young adult children on the Explorer...we had to cruise in July...very expensive time....we truly had the cheapest inside cabins on the ship....Q category...and they were absolutely fine! We all had a terrific time.

Our first cruise was on Celebrity in a Sky Suite. I thought it would spoil us for life. 2nd was on Celebrity in a regular balcony room. 3rd was a concierge suite on Celebrity to Alaska. Very nice also. 4th was an inside on Grandeur to Bermuda. OK. I found when we stayed in the inside we really did spend more time out of the room. Personally, as long as I am on a cruise I'll stay in the broom closet.

Those that come on the boards and say:

"I am staying in the grand Puba Suite, will I like it?????""

Are BRAGGING!!!

Most of us are good ol folks that just enjoy a cruise vacation.

Ignore the braggards!

Same with the guys who spend their cruise trying to see if they got a good deal or not.

If I am staying in the lowest catagory cabin and run into one of those, always tell them we are in a suite and paid about $300 less than he claims to have paid. Makes them nuts.

I always book inside rooms, but I always watch for the price drop as well, if the price drops, we move to an outside cabin for less than we would have paid for the inside. I would say have of our cruises were in an inside cabin and half in outside. Never stayed in suite or balcony room. Although we are cruising Alaska next year for our 25th anniversary and would think a balcony is a must. I will spoil myself once and then go back to the deals. We like to cruise a couple times during the year and i would never be able to do that if we booked suites and balconies. The one thing I particularly like is that for 1/4 of the price I get the same service as those who pay a high price for their rooms.

Those that come on the boards and say:

"I am staying in the grand Puba Suite, will I like it?????""

Are BRAGGING!!!

Most of us are good ol folks that just enjoy a cruise vacation.

Ignore the braggards!

Same with the guys who spend their cruise trying to see if they got a good deal or not.

If I am staying in the lowest catagory cabin and run into one of those, always tell them we are in a suite and paid about $300 less than he claims to have paid. Makes them nuts.

I will have to try that. lol

I always book inside rooms, but I always watch for the price drop as well, if the price drops, we move to an outside cabin for less than we would have paid for the inside. I would say have of our cruises were in an inside cabin and half in outside. Never stayed in suite or balcony room. Although we are cruising Alaska next year for our 25th anniversary and would think a balcony is a must. I will spoil myself once and then go back to the deals. We like to cruise a couple times during the year and i would never be able to do that if we booked suites and balconies. The one thing I particularly like is that for 1/4 of the price I get the same service as those who pay a high price for their rooms.

Hear, hear. We stay in insides and OVs--did an OV for our Alaska cruise and it suited us just fine.

My husband and I always book inside cabins.....we could stay in suites, but why? You spend such a small amount of time in the cabin, why waste money on the little difference in space you get. We just booked out cruise to Europe with the kids and booked an inside stateroom with pullmans. I am like everyone else that responded and said there is a better use for our money; excursions, drinks and trinkets from the trip.

Our choce of cabin depends on the itinerary and price.

For instance, on both our Med cruises we booked inside cabins, because we spent very little time on the ship, and the Med cruises are more expensive.

On our Transatlantic it was an outside, because there are lots of sea days, and we can look outside at the ocean. Also, we spent more time in the cabin, lounging and reading, etc.

We booked a balcony once, but DH says the OV is enough, so we don't do balconies anymore, unless we can get a srcreamin' deal.

I just booked a European cruise, but decided to go for an ocean view, because we're going places we've never been, and the price was very reasonable.

All in all, we will book an inside over an outside if the outside is too pricey. DH prefers outside because he's a morning sleeper, and wakes up easier with some natural light in the room. But, not if it's too expensive!!

Last year we were on 5 cruises... 2 inside, 1 outside, 2 balcony. One of the balcony cruises was an Alaskan cruise and we were willing to pay the extra amount for the balcony and it was great. The very next cruise we went on was an inside cabin and didn't feel bad at all that we didn't have a balcony.

There are cruises when we want to go as cheap as we can... other cruises we are willing to pay a little extra. Depends on the price and the itinerary. As most people here are saying, the less you pay for your cabin, the more cruises you can go on.

Tim

I start in an inside (usually book far out), and watch the prices. So far on this upcoming cruise, I've been in 4 different cabins - 2 inside, an oceaview and now a balcony. Basically, I had to go to the balcony only because a last minute decision to bring both kids, and it was only category that would take 4 in a cabin. However, that being said, I am only paying about $450 more for 4 in a balcony than my original booking in Aug '05 for a category N inside for 2 people. Not too bad:p

We have only ever booked an inside room...the cost savings is more important to us so we can cruise more often. Would I like a balcony, Jr. suite, etc? Sure! But it's not worth it to us to spend an extra $1300 when we can be using that for other things. We are in our room very little. We wouldn't stay in our room any more if we had a higher priced one.

In 2004 we took our 4 young adult children on the Explorer...we had to cruise in July...very expensive time....we truly had the cheapest inside cabins on the ship....Q category...and they were absolutely fine! We all had a terrific time.

:eek: Wow! I give you a lot of credit. I stayed in a Q our first cruise. I can't imagine it with 4 kids also.

Our very first cruise back in 1979 was an inside cabin on the Song Of America (RCL). My husband said he's never staying in a cave again! Lucky me because the next 30 cruises have all been outside cabins. I prefer mid deck and mid ship for convinence. Any cabin is better then no cruise at all.

I see most people stay in Jr. suites, and other larger cabins.

I personally prefer an inside. I like the dark and it is the only time I get to sleep in. Unfortunately, the boss prefers at least an outside and usually a balcony, so...so much for sleeping in anymore:o! Our next cruise we are in the bowels of the ship because we waited too long to book it. Maybe with a porthole I can block the light from coming in and actually sleep in again:D. But, for the one after that it is back to a balcony 'cause momma says so. Like other posters have pointed out, you don't spend a lot of time in there, so it really does not matter.

Everyone is different....some feel the cabin makes the cruise....some are more interested in the ports....in our case whatever takes me away from work

is the most important, and of course the FOOD and SERVICE.

We have tried all but the Owners Suite and enjoyed every single one of them. The only difference is the natural light you lose in the inside. When we took our kids we would get two inside side by side that way we would have two bathrooms. It is more important to me to be mid center ship as I tend to be prone to motion sickness

Haven't been on a cruise in over 15 years. I'm sailing on the Empress in 2 weeks. Booked an inside cabin cause it was an incredible price. It's going to be tight. I might feel a bit claustrophobic, but my best gal pal will be with me, so I think I'll be okay. I'm just excited to go on vacation!

Haven't been on a cruise in over 15 years. I'm sailing on the Empress in 2 weeks. Booked an inside cabin cause it was an incredible price. It's going to be tight. I might feel a bit claustrophobic, but my best gal pal will be with me, so I think I'll be okay. I'm just excited to go on vacation!

You know we never stayed in an inside until our last cruise but I have never slept better. We never sleep late and we did because it was so dark. It is tight but not claustrophobic.

We've booked an inside room on every cruise we've been on. Last year on the Vision, we received an upgrade from an inside to the Royal Suite (which was not to shabby). I really thought that experience would forever dampen our enthusiasm for inside cabins on future cruises but our past two were inside cabins.

Like others have stated, we'd rather spend the money on more cruises. Also, we really don't mind the inside cabins.

Archived