FLL to Orlando after cruise

Jareen

Hi:) ...Amtrak in FLL is north of the port but there is no way you

are going to make a 9:30 train.

It is only about a 2.5-3 hour drive to Orlando....depending on what

you are planning, I would just rent a car.

If you can't fly, don't want to drive, can't make the train you could either hire a limo or take the Greyhound.... there's always riding a bike, a horse, hiking...

If the price and timing is right, fly me down and I'll drive a rental car for you::)

Renting a car is cheapest and easiest. They will pick you up right at the ship.

Hi. I am taking a cruise out of FLL in December. Besides flying or car rental are there any other transportation options to go from port up to Walt Disney World? Thanks for your help.

I agree with C2C in that a rental car is the easiest way to go. We went to WDW for 5 days after our Mercury cruise in 1998. We rented a mini-van at Ft Lauderdale. The rental car company had a bus that picked us up at the pier in Port Everglades. The drive to Orlando was pretty easy. The weekly rental rate was very cheap and there were no drop off charges for returning the mini-van at Orlando. Even though we were staying in a WDW property hotel, having a car was a very convenient thing.

I agree that the most sensible way to go is a car rental. Just be sure that you rent a vehicle from an agency that has free drop off in Orlando and also one that has an agency right inside the airport. Then you can keep the car while you're at Disney and drop it off right at the airport and save yourself the cost of transportation from your hotel to the airport. By the way, one of the previous posts says that it's just a 2.5 or 3 hour trip from Ft Lauderdale to Disneyworld. Well, I live in Sebring which is 2.5 hours from Lauderdale and it's another 1.5 to 2 hours to Disney. But it's an easy drive on major highways, Interstate 595 from the pier which changes to Interstate 75 and then north on US27 all the way to Interstate 4 right to Disneyworld. Just a little more on this subject. If you do decide on a rental car, just a word of caution. On US27 you'll pass through several small towns along the way, so be careful about the speed limits in those towns, especially South Bay, Moore-haven and Clewiston. ;)

There is a bus from the car rental places that automatically go to the piers for customers. You book a car in advance and they'll come pick you up to the agency of your choice.

We used Enterprise and Alamo the last two times we went to Orlando after a cruise. Very easy process and the drive isn't that bad, especially if it is on the weekend. They were both waiting when we got off the ship. We were in the car rental within 30 minutes. Drop-off at Orlando airport is easy if on-site.

Archived