New Princess Documents Policy - 11/16/06

Pam in CA

Don't understand the part about the "Boarding Pass". Does anyone know how this will work. I guess, we will still have to get in line to get our Cruise Cards, and for Princess to register our Credit Cards since they recently removed this from the Cruise Personalizer. So, just wondering if anyone has more insight as to how this will help us passengers?

Curt :)

We are just over 50 days out for our Panama Canal cruise on the Coral. My TA e-mailed me several days ago advising me to finish up my info on the cruise personalizer (which I did). Monday, we received the pre-cruise information packet. As with others, it did not contain our boarding passes or luggagge tags. I know from y'all that the luggage tags can be obtained from the porters at the pier, but I would like to get our boarding passes. I went to the cruise personalizer but can't find where I can print out the passes. Help...

Don't understand the part about the "Boarding Pass". Does anyone know how this will work. I guess, we will still have to get in line to get our Cruise Cards, and for Princess to register our Credit Cards since they recently removed this from the Cruise Personalizer. So, just wondering if anyone has more insight as to how this will help us passengers?

Curt :)

The only thing that will help us passengers is that it will keep those documents from being lost in the mail or arriving late. Everything at the pier will remain the same.

Like checking in for a flight, you don't have to have flight coupons in hand, they have your name on the roster. But, they are allowing those that get nervous without actual documents in their hands to print themselves off a boarding pass.

We are just over 50 days out for our Panama Canal cruise on the Coral. My TA e-mailed me several days ago advising me to finish up my info on the cruise personalizer (which I did). Monday, we received the pre-cruise information packet. As with others, it did not contain our boarding passes or luggagge tags. I know from y'all that the luggage tags can be obtained from the porters at the pier, but I would like to get our boarding passes. I went to the cruise personalizer but can't find where I can print out the passes. Help...

Your pre-cruise package just includes immegration forms and the cruise answer booklet and excursion booklet. You will receive you final documents about a month before your cruise. These include the boarding passes, transfers, and luggage tags. They will go to your TA and not driectly to you. As a matter of fact, we just received our final docs today for our Sept. 18th cruise.

LOL -- So I emailed the original post to my DW the MCC at the Travel Agency where she works. Here is what she replied:

"Just got off phone with Princess. Rep got a good laugh! No, Princess is NOT doing things this way. There is the OPTION for an agency or agent to request documents be sent directly to the passenger but the agent/agency must initiate this--or if the pax requests it, Princess will verify with agent/agency before doing so. Lovely how things get twisted."

So it seems to me that somebody's TA is representing THEIR agency policy as THE Princess policy. Anybody who is not booked with that particular TA -- I think you can relax -- you will have a choice;)!

Whew!!!!!! We are booked for September 30th and just received our pre-cruise packet. (No boarding pass or luggage tags!)

You guys got me so worried.....I like to get the boarding pass and tickets in my hand.....I'm a Virgo....I'll stress over the small stuff! I like my tags on my luggage at least 2 weeks before I cruise and the boarding pass, well it's a constant reminder of wonderful things to come! ;)

We're also cruising NCL in November, I understand they only send a pre-cruise packet and everything else is done at the dock.....what will I do??????

At first we were all afraid of e-tickets but it has become the norm. It would be great if the cruiselines went paperless.

It's just one more thing to stress out about. Show your passport and your name matches up to that on the manifest. Call it a day.

The passenger can do the same as with airlines- do it yourself or have your TA do it for you. Its irrelevent whether one has computer access.

Friends of Ours had a problem with their computer downloading their e- tickets and called their TA and they said no problem. They would take care of it and send them the tickets. Tickets arrived shortly afterwards and all were happy. So anytime you have a problem call your TA.

I m sure those without internet access can fax their information to Princess.

Those who do not have internet access, probably do not have access to a fax machine, either. Also, Princess does not have an 800 fax number. Maybe they will get one. Personally, I look forward to receiving the final docs.

it's also important to know that a yellow fever vaccination (unless you have an allergy to eggs) is required for cruises that travel to the Amazon. Many times this information is not given out UNTIL pre cruise documentation.What will happen if it has to be done totally on-line???

I know some of our local grocery stores have fax machines that you can pay a small fee to use.

Why couldn't you just call up Princess and do your cruise personalizer over the phone? Or if you made your final payment early enough maybe snail mail some forms. I'm sure they'll come up with a plan or multiple plans for people w/out internet access.

Archived